Patterson scored a 11 and Hunter a 12 on the Wonderlic Test

Scores as low as Patterson's and Hunter's just shows you can be as stupid as a stone and still make millions if you can catch, run, and/or throw.

In either Patterson's or Hunter's cases; is this really new news? I never saw either as the mental type personally. Certainly listening to them speak to reporters was just confirmation of the scores received as well.

I worry about guys with a scores like this once their NFL earnings window closes. . . . much less their ability to hold onto any guaranteed money they get. Hopefully, they have really good agents or quality mentors that they listen to because 11s and 12s statistically don't have many options.

Mcshay was on Mike and Mike this morning. He said Patterson is one of the most electric players he has ever ever seen with the ball in his hands,which we all already know. But he went on to say that he thought CP might end up at running back in the league. Has anyone else heard this being a possibility?

I can definitely see CP in a Darren Sproles type role for any team with needs for a change of pace back who can also line up at slot.

Just for reference, 21 is average. This means a person who has average intelligence (IQ=100) would be most likely to score 21.

However, the test is really designed to test quick decision making, and wide receivers tend to score the lowest on this measure to begin with. Centers and quarterbacks--people who have to touch the ball on every play--score the highest.

Still, I don't think the correlation with football is necessarily that strong. Tony Romo dropped a 37 on the test, and his on-the-field decision making has at times been suspect. If I were a GM, I'd want to get everybody to take a Myers-Briggs test instead. That will tell you how they tend to prepare themselves and how much they hate losing--basically, Myers-Briggs tells you how your brain is wired.

Reactions: 1 person
I hate when people say this. They also will not be able to ever put together a 401K or mutual fund package that will help them when they are out of the league in 5 or 6 years!

I'm not sure what you're saying here. A lot of them make large sums of money. So they can put large sums of money in the bank too, right?

If they make so much more than every one else, then having a 401k or mutual fund package isn't a problem. It may not be exactly that, but they can still put money in the bank.

They've shown a few of the questions before and it surely wasn't rocket science...:unsure:

I'm not sure what you're saying here. A lot of them make large sums of money. So they can put large sums of money in the bank too, right?

If they make so much more than every one else, then having a 401k or mutual fund package isn't a problem. It may not be exactly that, but they can still put money in the bank.

You're assuming these kids will put enough money in the bank, or make enough money during their careers, to live comfortably after their football days are over.

History says the majority of NFL players don't.

VN Store

Back