Pay the manTony V.

Did they announce Schloss's contract terms at Texas yet? I don't think it's unreasonable to at least match that number plus a buck or several. Don't know what coaches make elsewhere, but I don't think it's unreasonable to make Vitello the highest paid college baseball coach in the country. It's not as if this was a one-off season. Guy has consistently been successful and makes getting to Omaha look way easier than it really is.
And he has actually produced better results every year across 7 seasons, save for the flame out in 2022, but even that team, despite their failure to make it to Omaha, still did things no other team had done in ages, and garnered enough attention and publicity that it still made it feel like they dominated national attention.

Now, he can't really outdo himself, next year, but he's reached the peak, he's been loyal, it's time to pay him his worth.

Did they announce Schloss's contract terms at Texas yet? I don't think it's unreasonable to at least match that number plus a buck or several. Don't know what coaches make elsewhere, but I don't think it's unreasonable to make Vitello the highest paid college baseball coach in the country. It's not as if this was a one-off season. Guy has consistently been successful and makes getting to Omaha look way easier than it really is.
I doubt they make CTV the highest paid college baseball coach. I think everyone knows it is losing battle to have that title. I think they will put him near the top. That will be ok by everyone. I just thought they would wait a bit longer to see the Texas deal.

I doubt they make CTV the highest paid college baseball coach. I think everyone knows it is losing battle to have that title. I think they will put him near the top. That will be ok by everyone. I just thought they would wait a bit longer to see the Texas deal.
Knowing Tony, I think he's also more concerned with making sure his assistants are well compensated and that other elements of the program are set up to ensure long-term success. He deserves to be near the top of the compensation list, but I can't imagine him being insistent that he's absolutely #1.

☝️

"Vitello did it in a truly modern way, embracing the transfer portal, the rule changes around name, image and likeness rights and the offensive surge in college baseball," Baseball America wrote about Vitello. "But he also did it through traditional recruiting, hard work and a dedication to player development.

"Vitello's story—and Tennessee's, because the two are intertwined—is uniquely of the moment, but also one that followed a blueprint familiar to any program-building in college baseball over the years. Vitello took over in Knoxville in 2017 and built Tennessee into a powerhouse, reaching the greatest heights this June in Omaha."

It’s almost a given to expect him to win it yearly. I was reading an article today about what Tony let our kids do between games in Omaha and it made me realize how lucky we are. I don’t know if he will win another CWS or not but he just gets it as far as communication with the players. Very rare quality to have and he has it in spades.

It’s almost a given to expect him to win it yearly. I was reading an article today about what Tony let our kids do between games in Omaha and it made me realize how lucky we are. I don’t know if he will win another CWS or not but he just gets it as far as communication with the players. Very rare quality to have and he has it in spades.
Do u have link to article?

When you see articles saying stuff like this….

Several head coaches outside of Tennessee's Tony Vitello did incredible jobs during the 2024 season.

You realize this is Tony’s world and everyone else is trying to play catch up.
He is absolutely fantastic as a commentator also.Besides also being the best damn college baseball coach on the planet.

When you see articles saying stuff like this….

Several head coaches outside of Tennessee's Tony Vitello did incredible jobs during the 2024 season.

You realize this is Tony’s world and everyone else is trying to play catch up.

The other head coaches are just LIVING in Tony Vitello's world.

🤷‍♂️Rumor has it that they are trying to make it the best contract in college baseball. I think Tony totally deserves that. What a first class human being and an incredible coach we have.
Jimmy Sexton? Donde? Randy?
…Tony will be well compensated.

Reactions: Volfan1000

VN Store

Back