Pennington: 50/50 split on needing to dump Rocky Top

Should UT stop using "Rocky Top"?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This forum is at bottom feeder level when threads are created about something that loser says.

And yet you keep it going by participating in it because you're just so convinced everyone was on pins and needles waiting to hear what allvol123 had to say on the topic.

Reactions: 2 people
it's better than "Rammer jammer yellow hammer".
Damn straight. That is the most low-class fight song imaginable. When we finally do beat them, we need to have the band fire up our own tailored version of that song....just like this. Or the NCAA/SEC should step in and fine the program $100K or more every time their band plays it or is played through their stadium speaker system. There is no place whatsoever for that kind of official display of unsportsmanship.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2G3yIIJPGFM[/youtube]

Last edited:
umm3.gif

Reactions: 1 person
Damn straight. That is the most low-class fight song imaginable. When we finally do beat them, we need to have the band fire up our own tailored version of that song....just like this. Or the NCAA/SEC should step in and fine the program $100K or more every time their band plays it or is played through their stadium speaker system. There is no place whatsoever for that kind of official display of unsportsmanship.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2G3yIIJPGFM[/youtube]

Or just beat them and you never have to listen to it. If it bothers you, they've done their job.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/v/2G3yIIJPGFM[/youtube]

Would you expect anything other than a good ole disrespectful, arrogant, tasteless, classless song from Bammers? And what's all this "We" crap about in that song? Do they all think they're part of the team?

This is just about one of the worst ideas ever -- and it's a lie. There's no way 50% of Vol fans want to do away with Rocky Top.

Ridiculous.

I suppose Rocky should get rid of Eye of the Tiger, too.

The only regret I have about Rocky Top becoming so huge is the loss of the impact of our official fight song. As a kid growing up in the 70's Down the Field gave me chills.

Reactions: 1 person
Who are they polling for it to be 50/50. That number was pulled out of an arse for sure! :bs:

Its 50/50 amongst the three friends he has plus himself. RockyTop, the blue tick hound, the coon skin hat (racist IMO) all of this shows a level of southern pride that I for one love. Pennington is a narcissistic knucklehead who thinks his opinion is the only one that truly matters. Anybody that says athletes shouldn't have twitter because a few are morons is about as egotistical as it gets. He justifies his opinions everytime a kid gets in trouble with see I told you. He's a moron.

Seriously? It's part of the Tennessee tradition. Imagine Neyland stadium without 100,000+ not singing rocky top and not sending chills down your spine? Rocky Top has been considered the best college fight song time after time. Everyone knows it, and you either love it or hate it. Most people couldn't care less about the actual song anyway....they just like UT's band version.

The Tennessee Waltz is boring and terrible and I think speeding it up wouldn't help make it fun. Rocky Top, however, is amazing and should be played as often as possible!!

I think it's the Bammers who are voting to get rid of it. He doesn't have a clue who he's polling.

The Tennessee Waltz is boring and terrible and I think speeding it up wouldn't help make it fun. Rocky Top, however, is amazing and should be played as often as possible!!

The pre-game show used to have an up-tempo version of the Waltz which was pretty cool and it let right into the Alma Mater. Not sure if it is still part of the pre-game, or not.

50/50 split among whom?

The only complaint I generally hear about "Rocky Top" is the silly "woo."
The 'woo' is terribly silly. I would like to hear the band play 'Fight, Vols, Fight' more frequently. I like it better than 'Down the Field' in terms of spirit.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back