Peterman looks better

Worley misses passes he should make (did in HS with no problem), and there is just one explanation for it. Nerves. He chokes. CBJ said Ferguson doesn't get rattled....so I honestly would give him or Dobbs a solid chance to take the reigns. ...

This is what I'm thinking too. When you are a Jr with at least some play experience against decent teams, then you should not be choking. When Justin pulled a Crompton 2.0 on the first play of the game, I had to say "oh crap". Missed a lot of "easy" throws later too. Mentally, he does not appear to have the confidence to be a winner right now IMO.

No way a kid with his credentials can't hot easy throws unless it's in his head. The question is, will Butch pull a Fulmer or Kiffin on his development from this point forward?

This thread and a host of others have confirmed and even exceeded all predictions concerning a coming meltdown. This one is text book fulfillment of "The most popular player on a bad team is the backup QB".

I expect Worley to start at UF. If he chokes there and we get our annual beatdown, then Butch brings the QB derby. He needs to win in the Swamp.

Absolutely yes... Worsley does not have physical attributes to compete at this level. High school yes this level no. Arm strength is embarrassing... accuracy my god he's terrible under throws. ... overthrows.. looks like a high school Qtb playing. Nothing personal.. but we all see the same thing.. look at Manningforced to play as freshman he had the aattributes but not the experience. Oh well that's where we are at now..

Underthrown, behind, over, Worley is a VFL and has good character, but we need Peterman.

Matt Sims:Tyler Bray::Justin Worley:Nate Peterman/Dobbs/Ferg.

I think Peterman would completely pass Worley in knowing the offense and ability to make plays in just a couple of games. He is more talented than Worley and adds the ability to make a play with his running ability. If Worley starts out bad in Florida I am hoping Butch will give him a shot with the first team.

How can Peterman not know the offense? We only run about 4 or 5 plays. It shouldn't be very hard. I'm half kidding of course, but the offense has been pretty simple so far.

I am of the opinion Peterman looks equally as ugly as Worley.....Worley looked horrible, but Peterman only looked slightly better against 3rd string.....Neither of these 2 has what it takes for SEC play in my opinion. I'm not crazy about starting true freshmen either though.....Our Passing game is just a mess.

Reactions: 1 person
I don't know if it is the OC or Butch but a QB who throws 90% of his passes 5 to 8 yards even with a less talented team won't cut it.Worley may be great kid but looks like he has to strain to throw the ball down field.If we are going to take our lumps let it be a learning situation..Go Vols

I don't see CBJ starting Peterman against a very good Florida team. I expect him to see playing time again in the 4th Qtr. Probably, most of the Qtr. Let him get some reps, get some more experience and get the jitters out.

Then we may see him against South Alabama.

CBJ is not going to give him any significant playing time until Peterman has a decent chance to succeed. If he is still learning the offense, he will do it in a mop up role.

People say Worley isn't likely to lose the game for us but that isn't true. When you consistently miss open receivers on plays that could keep drives alive, you're losing the game for us. You aren't doing it suddenly, like a big pick 6 does but if you're not keeping drives alive, you're losing the game. It's like death by a thousand paper cuts.

Reactions: 1 person
Worley is a Mole killer. He's trying to put too much mustard on his throws, thus the dead Moles. His release point too low and needs adjustment. His release is correctable. His arm strength isn't. I don't see him finishing out the season as the starter. The staff don't have the confidence in him to throw down the field. He's a dink & dunker as he was in HS.

VN Store

Back