Peterman looks better

We don't have a good option at QB and we aren't busting our ass to go find one? Someone on the staff is ****ing up, I'm not saying we should fire them, but either our QB situation is bad and we need to go after a QB, or they're being pigheaded about Worley and establishing an identity on offense. Neither is good.

I've said for awhile that if neither freshman can earn the job we need to be recruiting one this class.

Reactions: 4 people
We don't have a good option at QB and we aren't busting our ass to go find one? Someone on the staff is ****ing up, I'm not saying we should fire them, but either our QB situation is bad and we need to go after a QB, or they're being pigheaded about Worley and establishing an identity on offense. Neither is good.
I'm not saying the young guys won't be good, but they're obviously not an option right now.

Reactions: 1 person
Use your eyes and you might understand.

I saw what you saw. Worley was very bad today. Peterman was awful vs APSU. I simply trust the coaching staff's evaluation. They see em both on the practice field and in the film room and if they don't have enough faith in Peterman to play him ahead of Worley then what does that say?

Personally, if they decide to move away from Worley, which they very well may do, I'd rather see one of the freshmen. But bottom line, I'm not gonna knee jerk and call for Peterman just cause Worley sucked on the road against possibly the best team in the country. Worley doesn't appear to be the answer but 2 completions for 12 yds against Oregon's scrubs doesn't inspire any confidence in Peterman.

I can't disagree with this. I just think if Peterman gets the start against UF, we're going to see first hand why he wasn't the starter. Hope I'm wrong. I guess what I'm trying to say is that we don't really have a good option at QB right now.

Well we have seen first hand why Worley shouldn't be the starter so let someone else have a shot. We can't have any success running the ball if the defense isn't the least bit worried about us completing a pass and we kinda gotta score touchdowns in order to win.

Well we have seen first hand why Worley shouldn't be the starter so let someone else have a shot. We can't have any success running the ball if the defense isn't the least bit worried about us completing a pass and we kinda gotta score touchdowns in order to win.
I hope Peterman gets a shot, I really really do.

Seems to me that Peterman has not shown anything in practice to challenge for the starting job, and the freshmen quite simply can't run the offense, yet.

I was afraid that the uncertainty at QB could cost us dearly, this year, and that prediction is looking accurate, at this point.

He only completed 2 passes for 12 yards! Good grief. He may be great, but there is no evidence so far to hint at him being better than Worley.

Hopefully a new QB will emerge to lift up our spirits. The defense, though there was some blown assignment, which will happen when you play Oregon, played admirably. Our offense just could sustain the momentum they created in the first qt. Second half just seemed like a "lets get out of here" strategy.

When I saw Worley get blitzed and just throw the ball up for grabs against WKU, I knew right then he wasn't the guy.
He will not keep the ball on the zone-read because he simply doesn't want any contact.
Anyone defending him needs to look at the Austin Peay and WKU films. Oregon was just further proof

Seems to me that Peterman has not shown anything in practice to challenge for the starting job, and the freshmen quite simply can't run the offense, yet.

I was afraid that the uncertainty at QB could cost us dearly, this year, and that prediction is looking accurate, at this point.

Once they named Worley the starter it was going to take a game like yesterday before anyone else got first team snaps, and that is the only way to make a move on the depth chart.

When I saw Worley get blitzed and just throw the ball up for grabs against WKU, I knew right then he wasn't the guy.
He will not keep the ball on the zone-read because he simply doesn't want any contact.
Anyone defending him needs to look at the Austin Peay and WKU films. Oregon was just further proof
The MTSU game in 2011 is all that I needed.

He only completed 2 passes for 12 yards! Good grief. He may be great, but there is no evidence so far to hint at him being better than Worley.

There is plenty of evidence considering you don't need much to be better than Worley.

Butch acted like the competition was so close in fall practice. Unless that's a lie, I don't see why you wouldn't try Peterman or someone else.

it seems like worley is late and behind on many plays that are audibles. He made a few decent throws to smith and north that were drops then threw it at downs feet a few times. Looks like when he thinks the play will work on the original call and has confidence, he delivers the ball ok. that being said , he probably will not start every game this yr. he only won the job because he learned the system the fastest. all other qb's will likely get a shot. Peterman looked better than his first appearance. wish the other two qb's had played against AP in the second half

I usually hate the "put the backup in" mentality but I thought Peterman looked better than Worley. Though he was against their subs. So if he came in for his first game against Florida to start (which I doubt) I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't look good against them

CBJ has a serious qb dilemma. Worley has game experience and I assume he has a better grasp of the offense but lacks the physical tools to be even an average qb (at least it seems so at this point). Peterman is a redshirt freshman that has the physical tools but apparently doesn't have command of the offense. Both freshman qbs seem to have all the tools but aren't ready for the big stage just yet. Here's the problem, if Peterman starts and does pretty good, both freshman qbs are likely to transfer because they fear being back ups for the next 3 yrs. Since the freshman seem to have the highest upside, CBJ must make sure they understand the position will always be open to the best player, which then leaves Peterman always looking over his shoulder. If CBJ did decide to start one of the true freshman, we could literally have 2 or 3 qbs transfer. I don't know the answer and from the looks of it neither does CBJ.

If we are truly as bad as we seemed yesterday, I don't see how playing the qb with the highest upside isn't the right decision. If we're gonna lose, let's lose while looking towards the future.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back