Peterman looks better

Just because a QB throws hard, it doesn't make him better. I'm not happy with Worley either, but I'll trust CBJ over posters on a message board. Who knows, maybe he'll start Peterman at UF, then we can move on to the next one in line. Fact is, our offense is just bad.

Reactions: 1 person
Worley misses passes he should make (did in HS with no problem), and there is just one explanation for it. Nerves. He chokes. CBJ said Ferguson doesn't get rattled....so I honestly would give him or Dobbs a solid chance to take the reigns. I like Dobbs because he has better mobility than any of our QB's.....super elusive in the pocket. Could have used that today. He has a good arm on him, too.

As smart as he is, I doubt he has any trouble with schemes or making the right reads.

I guess some of y'all who were mad about the dramatic posts on the board after the WKU game about Worley just don't have the instincts you need to be a couch potato coach.

After watching Worley's postgame interview, he doesn't really account for his bad throws which raises the question if he can really be a leader. He's had his chances in 2011 as a starter after Bray injured his thumb against Georgia. The problem is that he just can't make quick reads consistently enough to get the ball to the receiver. That's why the receiver's were hardly open. Not to dismay Matt Simms, but he did the same thing. He held the ball too long trying to figure out where to throw it and he was always sacked. Note: The O-line were freshmen at the time.

If he can hit a receiver in the numbers he's already doing better than Worley.
One thing I can say about Peterman is that he sells the play better - when Worley does a handoff from the above camera angle at least there is no "sell" in the misdirection.
I'm no expert by any means, but; I saw receivers open more than a few times. Worley either didn't throw to them or completely screwed the pooch with the throw. I don't believe Worley will get it done, JMO.
Oregon was too good for us at this time and they beat us like a drum. I think CBJ can get us back up and it will take more time. How we recover from this game and approach our next few games will tell a lot. This game said a bunch for now.:sad::sad::sad:

After watching Worley's postgame interview, he doesn't really account for his bad throws which raises the question if he can really be a leader. He's had his chances in 2011 as a starter after Bray injured his thumb against Georgia. The problem is that he just can't make quick reads consistently enough to get the ball to the receiver. That's why the receiver's were hardly open. Not to dismay Matt Simms, but he did the same thing. He held the ball too long trying to figure out where to throw it and he was always sacked. Note: The O-line were freshmen at the time.
Worley definitley holds on way too long.

Wait .... what??? Butch gets everything except who should start at qb???!!!??? Or is there anything else he doesn't get as well? I am getting very confused.

I agree with this completely. I mean, heaven forbid the guy who knows much more football than anyone on here, is at every practice, etc decide who should start. Do I think Worley is great? No. Do I think he'll be a clutch quarterback who wins a lot of games? No, but he's not going to lose a lot of games either. And that's the important right now. If Jones starts Worley, I challenge each and every one of you against it to show up at practice and say to his face "Worley sucks, start Peterman". You all say "Butch gets it" yet immediately say his quarterback sucks, which is reflective of what you think about Jones.

Petermann may not know the offense yet, but how hard is it? Dang, we saw the same ole plays the entire game today. JMO

I agree with this completely. I mean, heaven forbid the guy who knows much more football than anyone on here, is at every practice, etc decide who should start. Do I think Worley is great? No. Do I think he'll be a clutch quarterback who wins a lot of games? No, but he's not going to lose a lot of games either. And that's the important right now. If Jones starts Worley, I challenge each and every one of you against it to show up at practice and say to his face "Worley sucks, start Peterman". You all say "Butch gets it" yet immediately say his quarterback sucks, which is reflective of what you think about Jones.
But Peterman throws it hard. Seriously though, it's kind of scary to think that Worley is the best option right now. This offense is in trouble if we can't run better.

Reactions: 2 people

If seemingly the world can see it but Butch can't? Well, then it is what it is.

Just because a QB throws hard, it doesn't make him better. I'm not happy with Worley either, but I'll trust CBJ over posters on a message board. Who knows, maybe he'll start Peterman at UF, then we can move on to the next one in line. Fact is, our offense is just bad.

Being able to hit a receiver does.

Being able to hit a receiver does.
So tell me, why is it that you think Worley is starting over Peterman? Also, did I miss something? Did Peterman light it up against Oregon's first string defense? I don't recall seeing him hit any receivers when it counted. I hate to say it, but I think it's possible that our coaches might know more than we do. I know I know, it seems crazy, but maybe they do. I don't think Worley is getting it done, but I don't think Peterman will either. I suppose we'll see.

So tell me, why is it that you think Worley is starting over Peterman? Also, did I miss something? Did Peterman light it up against Oregon's first string defense? I don't recall seeing him hit any receivers when it counted. I hate to say it, but I think it's possible that our coaches might know more than we do. I know I know, it seems crazy, but maybe they do. I don't think Worley is getting it done, but I don't think Peterman will either. I suppose we'll see.

Logic in VN is like oil in water. You should know that by now.

Worley was missing wide open receivers. First or second string doesn't matter.

Matt Simms, Joey Mathews, and AJ Suggs were all starters too.

Worley was missing wide open receivers. First or second string doesn't matter.

Matt Simms, Joey Mathews, and AJ Suggs were all starters too.
You didn't answer my question, why is he starting then? He's been missing receivers from the get go.

Worley is the starter because he won August and didn't play himself out of the starting position through the first two games. Today he played horribly enough that it's a possibility. Butch has been protecting Worley but there is enough evidence that he should at the very least be getting Peterman more reps with the ones during the week. He's missed open receivers multiple times in the first set of games. If Butch keeps throwing him out there to miss opportunities, he risks losing a young team. Peterman isn't that good, but he gives you the chance to escape a one dimensional identity on offense. Tennessee can't afford to be one dimensional with this O-Line. They won't even be able to push around the teams in November with no threat in the passing game.

Worley was the wrong choice to begin with. People let a drive against Vanderbilt determine their attitude on him way too much. After seeing his 2011 tape and the first three games, I've seen all I need to see. He doesn't have a big arm, he doesn't have accuracy, and he doesn't get us in favorable plays. That is an awful group of things to lack against top 20 teams.

Worley is the starter because he won August and didn't play himself out of the starting position through the first two games. Today he played horribly enough that it's a possibility. Butch has been protecting Worley but there is enough evidence that he should at the very least be getting Peterman more reps with the ones during the week. He's missed open receivers multiple times in the first set of games. If Butch keeps throwing him out there to miss opportunities, he risks losing a young team. Peterman isn't that good, but he gives you the chance to escape a one dimensional identity on offense. Tennessee can't afford to be one dimensional with this O-Line. They won't even be able to push around the teams in November with no threat in the passing game.

Worley was the wrong choice to begin with. People let a drive against Vanderbilt determine their attitude on him way too much. After seeing his 2011 tape and the first three games, I've seen all I need to see. He doesn't have a big arm, he doesn't have accuracy, and he doesn't get us in favorable plays. That is an awful group of things to lack against top 20 teams.
I can't disagree with this. I just think if Peterman gets the start against UF, we're going to see first hand why he wasn't the starter. Hope I'm wrong. I guess what I'm trying to say is that we don't really have a good option at QB right now.

I can't disagree with this. I just think if Peterman gets the start against UF, we're going to see first hand why he wasn't the starter. Hope I'm wrong. I guess what I'm trying to say is that we don't really have a good option at QB right now.

We don't have a good option at QB and we aren't busting our ass to go find one? Someone on the staff is ****ing up, I'm not saying we should fire them, but either our QB situation is bad and we need to go after a QB, or they're being pigheaded about Worley and establishing an identity on offense. Neither is good.

VN Store

Back