Peyton, Nico, Bru and Heupel walk out with Morgan Wallen at Sunday show

It's kind of like hip-hop/country fusion, right? I'm not familiar with Morgan Wallen or his music. It's impressive that he can fill Neyland -- or sad, depending on your perspective.
That looks like a good time, probably better than my last concert at Neyland. Michael Jackson.

Reactions: TAF
I don't know if Peyton has changed PR firms in the last year or two or not, but if he has he should rethink.
Some of the stuff he's done of late is pushing the envelope of laughable/not good taste.
Get with the times man….I saw a girl the other day with a ring in her nose……in Orme!

BEST POST EVER FROM YOU!

*please Note…I’m really NOT a “New Country” fan…I’m more Waylon, Merle, Hank, George & CDB…but if you’re a young man from East Tennessee and “Samd in my Boots” doesn’t make you…remoniss…then you NEVER took off to Myrtle or Daytona ‘cause you NEVER had ANY FRIENDS TO INVITE/WANTING TO BE WITH YOU!
I biased to my generation a bit with country , but there'll never be another lineup like Hank Jr, George Strait , Mark Chesnutt, Tracy Lawrence , Alan Jackson , Darrel Singletary , Kenny Chesney, Dwight Yoakam, Garth Brooks , Clint Black , John Anderson, and probably 10 more that I can't think of right now. And that's just the male artists. The women brought the sh#t too, Lee Ann Womack, Deana Carter , Faith Hill . Insane amounts of talent in a relatively short span .

Reactions: TAF
I don't know if Peyton has changed PR firms in the last year or two or not, but if he has he should rethink.
Some of the stuff he's done of late is pushing the envelope of laughable/not good taste.
Please let this be a case of missing blue font.

Was at the concert tonight, loved the Vols representing - especially Peyton. Was close enough to see them and they all were having a good time and very accessible. Heupel impressed me the most - less than 24 hours after a huge win, the man comes back dressed in his most casual getup and having a great time.

As for the music, not a huge Morgan Wallen fan - just not a big fan of the rap/country crossover stuff. But he still has some good songs and he’s die-hard orange blooded. He put on a hell of a concert and the university did a great job with it - great testament to our school. Traffic was a complete disaster, however. Not sure who dropped the ball on that. 2:28AM and still not home yet.

Last edited:
Reactions: TAF and Voltopia
Country music is the best music out right now. And I say that as a black man who grew up listening to 90s/early 2000s East Coast gangsta rap.
Disagree there. There is good country, good hip-hop, and good pop music being made right now. There is also garbage in all those genres as well. What I’d like to know is why Rock seems like it’s dying.

Lemme guess, you’re not a big fan of the Soundcloud Rap generation, just like a lot of older country fans don’t care for Florida Georgia Line and Wallen? I totally get it if that’s the case.

Still, in general, American popular music is certainly a lot better now than it was 15 years or so ago imo.

Disagree there. There is good country, good hip-hop, and good pop music being made right now. There is also garbage in all those genres as well. What I’d like to know is why Rock seems like it’s dying.

Lemme guess, you’re not a big fan of the Soundcloud Rap generation, just like a lot of older country fans don’t care for Florida Georgia Line and Wallen? I totally get it if that’s the case.

Still, in general, American popular music is certainly a lot better now than it was 15 years or so ago imo.
Good points. Rock is in a really weird place right now. I don’t know if I’d call it dying yet, but there just isn’t much coming out that is memorable.

I love all the genres of music and what they offer individually. While I’m not a huge fan Wallen, he has some good songs in the older catalog and the new stuff is great in person (didn’t expect that going in). I went because the wife and friends wanted to go and I’m glad I did. A really well done concert in a place we all love, wrapped in a big orange T. What’s not to love?

VN Store

Back