Phil Just Got Served?

I would bet a continuation will be granted in light of the current football season and this will be taken care of after the season is over.
Ordinarily, this is something that is worked out between the lawyers but I am not sure that either party is going to want to play nice. Fulmer will want to quash the subpoena entirely and Smith will probably want to hold firm. It is my understanding that the case is filed in state court and i seriously doubt that an elected judge in Alabama is going to be very accomdating towards Fulmer. Even if you take the political element out of it, Smith's lawyers can always say (correctly) that Fulmer avoided the state for two years in an effort to evade service.

Quote:
Fulmer was handed the subpoena, which was made official Wednesday by the circuit court of Jackson County, as he walked down radio row at SEC Media Days at the Wynfrey Hotel.

That is pretty cold. You know they could have given it to him in a more private manner or have given to him yesterday when he wasn't getting ready to speak. Obviously this was done on purpose to embarrass him. Freakin Bammers!

Source?

If true, (which knowing BAMMERs, shouldn't surprise anyone) these soupcans should really seriously contemplate suicide.

Yep, if there is no defect procedurally in the service, it would seem likely that CPF would have to sit for deposition.

The more interesting question would be whether the media can attend. I have had that battle before.

Funny thing is..Is Fulmer spills his guts about what was found and blah blah blah, the NCAA COULD issue another investigation into the football program at Alabama...And We all know what will happen if they find anything....Lord have mercy...The perverbial poop is about to hit the fan...Bama is going to DIE in neyland this season

Alabama fans are ridiculous. If they were breaking the rules then they can't complain about getting caught. Fulmer is as honest as they come and a true class act. If we were cheating It would not bother me one bit if we got "ratted out." They make rules for a reason. As a college football coach it was Fulmer's responsibility to reveal what he knew, just as any other coach should. They are just mad because we are a big rival of theres. As much as they like to think Fulmer is a rat they know he is 10 times the class act of any coach they've had. With all of the recruits UT and Bama battle for year to year it was a lot more likely to be Fulmer than another coach. Its not like he was out to get them. But at the same time you can't just sit there and let your biggest rival break the rules while you play fair. Get a clue. God I can't wait to drill them in Neyland this year! We have it out for Bama this year, Fulmer will have our boys ready to rip someones head off.

This will only bring down more national ridicule on Bama's football program

Just another example of a Bama supporter undermining the entire program, and making a national joke at Bama's expense.

There's been allot of speculation that Spurrier was actually the "rat". If nothing else, this may clear things up and let the truth be known. Absolutely nothing wrong with that.

in a libel and defamation suit against the NCAA brought by disassociated University of Alabama booster Wendell Smith.

Today's subpoena was from the law firm of Blankenship, Herald & Wallace. Smith, a Chattanooga car salesman, was charged by the NCAA in 2002 with paying $10,000 to former Alabama blue-chip signee Kenny Smith (no relation) to entice him in signing with the Crimson Tide.

This is about a booster who got himself disassociated with the university, and can afford to go after his pound of flesh. In fairness, let's remember the University is not in this...

There's been allot of speculation that Spurrier was actually the "rat". If nothing else, this may clear things up and let the truth be known. Absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Actually I was getting ready to post this myself. Wasn't it Spurrier that actually ratted them out? I thought it was. There might have even been 4 or 5 coaches that turned them in.

Actually I was getting ready to post this myself. Wasn't it Spurrier that actually ratted them out? I thought it was. There might have even been 4 or 5 coaches that turned them in.
Perhaps, but if I'm remembering this stuff correctly, it was Fulmer who met with ncaa investigators. I think a couple of times, both in Chattanooga.

Help me out lawyers but cant he pull the Hillary Clinton and do the "I can't recall" tactic or plead the 5th? Thus having to say not much at all?

Help me out lawyers but cant he pull the Hillary Clinton and do the "I can't recall" tactic or plead the 5th? Thus having to say not much at all?

Or he could just pull a Bill Clinton and just lie. "I did not have discussions with those people".

I know some of you guys may enjoy seeing CPF embarrassed by the Bammers, but this is more of a slap in UT's face in the way it was implemented.

VN Store

Back