Phil Steele's 13-14 Bowl Projections

not much to take issue with.

i do have a feeling florida will win the east this year though.

I do not think either coach is particularly great but would tend to agree. I also think the bloom is about to fall off the flower for USCe.

I do not think either coach is particularly great but would tend to agree. I also think the bloom is about to fall off the flower for USCe.

i don't know.

i agree in that i don't see south carolina taking that next step. but, i am not sure they are going to fall back at this point in time either.

Sure it can. Most of these teams schedule 4 easy non conferene games so they would only have to go 2-6 in conference to be bowl eligible.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

True. But do you see 12 teams going 2-6 in conference play? Even if you assume that MSU and UK both go 0-8, it's tremendously unlikely that enough upsets happen for 12 teams to go 2-6 or better.

True. But do you see 12 teams going 2-6 in conference play? Even if you assume that MSU and UK both go 0-8, it's tremendously unlikely that enough upsets happen for 12 teams to go 2-6 or better.

When I get time I'll go through each teams schedule and see if it's realistic. May not be.

Good stuff!

But I prefer the Steele twins:

tumblr_m0be97HhCw1qcmflho1_500.jpg

M3N4NEWSNET-7070-5.jpg

Reactions: 1 person
When I get time I'll go through each teams schedule and see if it's realistic. May not be.

I started looking at it after you mentioned it. You really only need to look at the teams who are likely to be on the cusp of bowl eligibility, and their games against each other: Mizzou, Auburn, Arkansas, Tennessee, Ole Miss and Vandy.

If we assume that MSU and UK go winless (aside from the game they play against each other), then each team gets a guaranteed win.

EAST
Missouri: Has a manageable OOC slate, though losses to Toledo and Arkansas St aren't out of the question. So the Tigers would only need 1 win against UT, Ole Miss, or Vandy.

Vanderbilt: Ridiculously easy OOC. Needs a win out of Mizzou, Ole Miss and UT.

Tennessee: At this point, you have to assume that Tennessee is going to lose to Oregon. Which means the Vols need 2 wins out of Vandy, Missouri, and Auburn.

WEST
Auburn: Losses to Wash St and Arkansas St are possible, but unlikely. So AU has to knock off Ole Miss, Arkansas, or Tennessee.

Arkansas: As of this moment, Rutgers is a toss-up at best. To be safe, the Hogs must beat both Auburn and Ole Miss.

Ole Miss: They will lose at Texas. Which means they have to beat 2 out of Vandy, Auburn and Arkansas.

And given that MSU probably won't be so awful that they go 1-7, this whole scenario is very fragile.

I started looking at it after you mentioned it. You really only need to look at the teams who are likely to be on the cusp of bowl eligibility, and their games against each other: Mizzou, Auburn, Arkansas, Tennessee, Ole Miss and Vandy.

If we assume that MSU and UK go winless (aside from the game they play against each other), then each team gets a guaranteed win.

EAST
Missouri: Has a manageable OOC slate, though losses to Toledo and Arkansas St aren't out of the question. So the Tigers would only need 1 win against UT, Ole Miss, or Vandy.

Vanderbilt: Ridiculously easy OOC. Needs a win out of Mizzou, Ole Miss and UT.

Tennessee: At this point, you have to assume that Tennessee is going to lose to Oregon. Which means the Vols need 2 wins out of Vandy, Missouri, and Auburn.

WEST
Auburn: Losses to Wash St and Arkansas St are possible, but unlikely. So AU has to knock off Ole Miss, Arkansas, or Tennessee.

Arkansas: As of this moment, Rutgers is a toss-up at best. To be safe, the Hogs must beat both Auburn and Ole Miss.

Ole Miss: They will lose at Texas. Which means they have to beat 2 out of Vandy, Auburn and Arkansas.

And given that MSU probably won't be so awful that they go 1-7, this whole scenario is very fragile.

Well looks like you got it all figured out. No need to play the games now.

Well looks like you got it all figured out. No need to play the games now.

I have no problem with snarky comments directed at me. But you clearly didn't read the post you quoted, so I will ask that, in the future, you just make your snarky comment and not pretend that it was actually a response to something I've written.

Reactions: 2 people
OSU (Oregon State, Ok State) or OR?

Nevermind, just realized it is Ohio state. Mich will upset them. I think it will be Stanford instead. Red on Red

Steele has no love for MSU Bulldogs.

Last edited:
Apparently Phil Steele really wants the Vols to do well again. He's picked us to finish better than our record for years now.

Apparently Phil Steele really wants the Vols to do well again. He's picked us to finish better than our record for years now.

Everybody wants us to get better. Im sure Bama and Florida are tired of us being down as well, as funny as that sounds.

Here's what I don't understand. Bama writer 99gayor and all these other posters post on here constantly. Do they post on their own teams boards? And if they do how do they have time for jobs/families in between. Impressive stuff.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back