Phillip Fulmer to step down per ESPN (mega-merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kind of saw this one coming. Now where is Chris Petersen and why do I get a feeling that we won't get him.

Everyone was on fire for Butch Davis earlier and I'm not hearing his name much anymore. Has there been any confirmation that he is NOT a person of interest?

Everyone was on fire for Butch Davis earlier and I'm not hearing his name much anymore. Has there been any confirmation that he is NOT a person of interest?
he's a person of interest I'm sure, but he's very unlikely to leave UNC.

Sorry to see CPF go this way but something had to change. Too many talented teams that staggerred & struggled. It will be very difficult to pick up a quality HC who can take over & win immediately. Knoxville is a great place to live. UT is a historic program. The right coach is out there. How long until we find him.

Thanks for all the memories Coach Fulmer.

First, congrats VN. The search for a successor begins and I do personally hope you get someone good and quickly return to your usual competitive selves here before long.

But ...

I think someone needs to say something about how Fulmer is, even in retreat, once again throwing the players under the bus. According to the Low article (quoting the Tennesseean) he instructed the coaches to shield the players from the frustration of the coaches, implying that it is the players who are not performing. Just saying.

Once again you post a bunch of nonsense out of your arse, you have absolutely no clue as to what you are talking about. Why don't you just honor your look at me thread and call it a career on VN.

Some people are bad but whoever dump the trash and egg his home should be whimped like little kids! ! !

Last edited:
OK....First I want to say I know it was time.....I have been a supporter of Fulmer for a long time as well....But after watching that news conference today,it pains me to see a person that has dedicated the majority of his life to The University of Tennessee go out like this...All I can say is good luck Coach on whatever you do from here on out and I hope the fans will welcome you and show you the respect you deserve...

Now to the future..I hope the university goes out and gets the very best man they can find..I hope they spare no expense...It shouldn't matter if the new coach is someone with a job now with a major university or pro organization or someone who is recently out of a job in the pros....Just go and get the very best man....

Good Luck to the people who are going to be the ones charged with this search..And most importantly...GO VOLS!!!!!!!!

I love Phillip Fulmer the man. Phillip Fulmer the coach needed to step down. As painful as that press conference was to watch, our offense was just as painful Saturday night. Thank You so much Coach Fulmer for everything you have done for the University of Tennessee. I was 10 years old when Fulmer took over the football team, I will never forget all those great memories and wins along the way. This is a bittersweet good bye. :salute:

I know its extreme thread necro -

ThreadNecro.gif

But can you beleive how much better this program is right now as compared to this time last year. What a difference a year and a good hire makes. Can't wait to pull this one up after UT wins a National Title in a couple of years and really celebrate the change in the program.

Go VOLS.

WOWOWWWWWWW What an idea you have there sir!!!!!!! I'm so glad there are not 500000000 threads on this that are not a year old already out there. Interesting....quite possibly mindblowing!!!!

you have to admit no one this time last year would have guess this would have turned out this good for UT. Top Recruiting classes. Close calls with two #1 teams. And Crushing UGA and USCjr!

The future is bright.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back