Phillip Fulmer to step down per ESPN (mega-merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking through my CRIMSON GLASSES, this is a mistake, Fulmer is Tennessee Football. Who in the world would want to follow him. Let me remind you (Spurrier-Zook) (BEAR-Perkins) (Dye-Mickey Mouse) (Osbourn-???)
and so on.....

Not sure we want him, but Saban may be looking to move up.

33-YesClassicBlue_jpg.jpg

I am so happy. I can't believe it. I'm definitly buying season tickets next year!

Hurray!!!!

Clawson will go back as a 1-AA HC( maybe UTC?) and Chavis will be a DC for some non-BCS school, my guess some C-USA school
I am not going to get my hopes up because dissappointment has become the norm around here. I hope we can find the right coach the first time and not go through a Alabama or a Fla-Zook fiasco. thanks Phil for and memories, pride, and making 1998 one of the best years of my life.

ESPN had TCU's coach as one you could "vote for" on sportsnation. is that a good selection or even possible?

I don't know if it has been posted but Sports Animal just said that the players heard it through the press. If that is true... How do you screw up that bad?

I don't know if it has been posted but Sports Animal just said that the players heard it through the press. If that is true... How do you screw up that bad?

We're living in the future. I'm surprised there's not a YouTube clip of Fulmer's meeting with Hamilton posted yet. The only way this doesn't get out into the press first is if Fulmer himself knew it was going to happen, had already called a meeting of his players (during classes), and walked out of his meeting with Hamilton straight into the the room with the players.

It is truely a day for the ages here in Volnation.

I have grown up with Fulmer...the only game I remember ole Johnny coaching was the Miracle at South Bend.

It has taken this year for me to be ready for a change, but I will never forget the first coach I knew to lead the Vols, he took me through 17 of my first 24 years alive and through my college days...I will always love coach Fulmer and I hope we can get someone that can even compart to him at the end of the next coaches respective career on the hill!

Go VOLS, GO FULMER, AND WIN OUT AND GIMME A BOWL!!!

Is it safe to assume ESPN will carry the press conference live? Guess I'd better take my laptop home just in case I need to stream it.

Fulmer did a lot for UT, he deserves to be treated as a winning coach, and not remembered as a loser. Im pleased to see us move forward, but I want him to be a Vol forever too. Now who? Chow? Spurrier perhaps?:cray: Also, surely the team heard it from Fulmer himself first and not the media.

Last edited:
Ironic isn't it? Per Fox Sports.
Fulmer currently has a record of 150-51 all-time in 17 years, which includes 1992 in which he coached three games in place of then-head coach Johnny Majors while he had heart surgery. Majors was ousted after he returned following a loss at South Carolina but finished the regular season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back