Pipeline Shutdown

Similar thoughts. At some point you surely have the ability to manual override and mechanically engage operations.
Well I know of one local fuel distributor that can’t find fuel. They’re definitely feeling it. And of course now people are being stupid just like with the toilet paper last year.

I live in Fredericksburg, VA, lines at gas stations everywhere. Several stations have closed down pumps. A friend of my husband in Myrtle Beach, said you can’t find gas anywhere there🤷‍♀️

Never say never. If it has a network, it hass a vulnerability.

It could be an inside actor...
Remote employee access from people working at home has caused a major uptick in ransomware attacks. A lot of companies were focused solely on how they could make it work without thinking to about the potential security issues.

That is because of people acting stupidly, not because of where their supply originates.

People could run the local grocery stores out of bread if they decided to do so, that isnt a supply problem though.

Correct. A buddy of mine sent me a video of someone filling up their truck and had like 7 big gas containers filling them up. People are going full retard for nothing.

Reactions: allvol123 and McDad
People are hoarding gas in the tri cities. People are filling up every vehicle and gas container they have.

I praise the lord that my wife and I work from home.
I'm gonna look like one if those types but in reality I need more gas for my lawn mower and it keeps raining in Jax. I'll have to play jumanji all the way through if I wait ten days.

Willing to trade 30 jumbo rolls for 24 gallons. Never used. Still in original, unopened package.

DM me if interested.

View attachment 367553

giphy.gif

Stations here are out of everything but high test. I just paid $3.79/GA.

Gas is the toilet paper of 2021.

I knew this wasn't the first time we've had gas shortages on based on that pipeline being out.

Colonial Pipeline - Wikipedia

• On Wednesday, October 3, 2012, Colonial Pipeline shut down line 19 and 20 in Chattanooga, Tennessee due to reports of gasoline odors. Reuters reported that about 500 gallons of gasoline may have been released.[21] The line carrying gasoline was repaired and the distillate line, which carries Diesel fuel, jet fuel and other products, was inspected and found to be undamaged. Both lines were restarted two days later on October 5, 2012.[22]
  • September 21, 2015, a leak was discovered in Centreville, Virginia by a local restaurant employee. The leak was estimated to have released 4,000 gallons of hydrocarbon product over the course of the preceding 2 weeks. Product was located and removed from the downstream retention pond adjacent to a townhome community.[23]
  • On Friday, September 9, 2016, a leak was detected in Shelby County, Alabama, spilling an estimated 252,000 US gallons (954,000 L) of summer-grade gasoline, requiring a partial shutdown of the pipeline and threatening fuel shortages in the southeastern United States.[24][25] This was Colonial's "biggest spill in nearly two decades."[1] It caused a "12-day interruption in the flow of about 1.3 million barrels per day of the fuel from the refining hub on the Gulf Coast to the Northeast."[1]
  • On October 31, 2016, a Colonial Pipeline mainline exploded and burned in Shelby County, Alabama, after accidentally being hit by a trackhoe during repairs related to the September event. One worker died at the scene, and five others were hospitalized, one of whom later died of his injuries. The explosion occurred several miles from the September 9, 2016 breach.[26] On November 1, 2016, the U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration had control of the site, where the fire was still burning. The shutdown was affecting primarily the Southeast, as Northeast markets can receive some oil by water.[1] The line returned to service November 6.[27]
  • In the summer of 2020,[28] a Colonial Pipeline gasoline pipeline leaked 1.2 million gallons into a nature preserve in Huntersville, North Carolina without detection.[29] After detection by a group of teenagers, it took Colonial five days to repair the 5-foot crack in the pipeline. As of February 2021, Colonial recovered 800,000 gallons of gasoline and 200,000 gallons of contaminated water. Neither NC Department of Environmental Quality nor Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration assessed fines.[3]
Good work Ras

Reactions: StarRaider
I knew this wasn't the first time we've had gas shortages on based on that pipeline being out.

Colonial Pipeline - Wikipedia

• On Wednesday, October 3, 2012, Colonial Pipeline shut down line 19 and 20 in Chattanooga, Tennessee due to reports of gasoline odors. Reuters reported that about 500 gallons of gasoline may have been released.[21] The line carrying gasoline was repaired and the distillate line, which carries Diesel fuel, jet fuel and other products, was inspected and found to be undamaged. Both lines were restarted two days later on October 5, 2012.[22]
  • September 21, 2015, a leak was discovered in Centreville, Virginia by a local restaurant employee. The leak was estimated to have released 4,000 gallons of hydrocarbon product over the course of the preceding 2 weeks. Product was located and removed from the downstream retention pond adjacent to a townhome community.[23]
  • On Friday, September 9, 2016, a leak was detected in Shelby County, Alabama, spilling an estimated 252,000 US gallons (954,000 L) of summer-grade gasoline, requiring a partial shutdown of the pipeline and threatening fuel shortages in the southeastern United States.[24][25] This was Colonial's "biggest spill in nearly two decades."[1] It caused a "12-day interruption in the flow of about 1.3 million barrels per day of the fuel from the refining hub on the Gulf Coast to the Northeast."[1]
  • On October 31, 2016, a Colonial Pipeline mainline exploded and burned in Shelby County, Alabama, after accidentally being hit by a trackhoe during repairs related to the September event. One worker died at the scene, and five others were hospitalized, one of whom later died of his injuries. The explosion occurred several miles from the September 9, 2016 breach.[26] On November 1, 2016, the U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration had control of the site, where the fire was still burning. The shutdown was affecting primarily the Southeast, as Northeast markets can receive some oil by water.[1] The line returned to service November 6.[27]
  • In the summer of 2020,[28] a Colonial Pipeline gasoline pipeline leaked 1.2 million gallons into a nature preserve in Huntersville, North Carolina without detection.[29] After detection by a group of teenagers, it took Colonial five days to repair the 5-foot crack in the pipeline. As of February 2021, Colonial recovered 800,000 gallons of gasoline and 200,000 gallons of contaminated water. Neither NC Department of Environmental Quality nor Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration assessed fines.[3]

I remember the 2016 events in Shelby Co. well. About 15 miles from where I live

VN Store

Back