Political violence against Republicans escalates

How can they let him out? Fury after military vet who tried to assassinate NY governor candidate Lee Zeldin with 'Made in USA' blade is still roaming free under state's lax bail laws as politician says he's ramped up security for remainder of campaign

• Military veteran David Jakubonis, 43, was released without bail hours after he attacked Zeldin, who, fittingly, was giving a speech on bail reform
A man who attempted to stab US Rep. Lee Zeldin at a New York campaign rally on Thursday is still roaming free as the New York gubernatorial candidate said his ‘guard’ was completely down when he saw the attacker approach him wearing a veteran's hat.

60582291-11039507-image-a-23_1658509049604.jpg

Jakubonis was released hours after the attack without bail. Zeldin predicted he would be quickly released under New York policies that eliminated cashless bail for some offenses

Military vet' who tried to stab Lee Zeldin with 'Made in the USA' blade at a rally is RELEASED | Daily Mail Online

Yes I would say to anyone who told me they were going to physically illegally enter a government building that you shouldn't be surprised if you get shot. Don't illegally force entry into government buildings. Protest all you want. Trespassing etc is not protected.
Eliminate the qualifier word "government", and I'm completely in agreement with this sentiment.

"The attempted murderer was released on his own recognizance last night. He didn’t spend one night in jail for trying to murder a sitting US congressman and candidate for governor."
Meanwhile, January 6th suspects are still rotting in a hole for taking selfies and walking through velvet ropes.

Meanwhile, January 6th suspects are still rotting in a hole for taking selfies and walking through velvet ropes.
They did invade Nancy's house and piss off the Meghan Markle of the capitol. Nance's husband may have missed a stock trade that day that caused him to lose a million dollars or two.

How can they let him out? Fury after military vet who tried to assassinate NY governor candidate Lee Zeldin with 'Made in USA' blade is still roaming free under state's lax bail laws as politician says he's ramped up security for remainder of campaign

• Military veteran David Jakubonis, 43, was released without bail hours after he attacked Zeldin, who, fittingly, was giving a speech on bail reform
A man who attempted to stab US Rep. Lee Zeldin at a New York campaign rally on Thursday is still roaming free as the New York gubernatorial candidate said his ‘guard’ was completely down when he saw the attacker approach him wearing a veteran's hat.

60582291-11039507-image-a-23_1658509049604.jpg

Jakubonis was released hours after the attack without bail. Zeldin predicted he would be quickly released under New York policies that eliminated cashless bail for some offenses

Military vet' who tried to stab Lee Zeldin with 'Made in the USA' blade at a rally is RELEASED | Daily Mail Online

I saw that in the news this morning, that he was released basically ROR, and that is absolutely nuts !

Protest does not equal attack. So why mention it? I mean you are really boxing yourself in with this, if you think the Governor owns any responsibility, but want to give Trump a pass for 1/6.

I seriously don't think most of the people who went into the capital on Jan 6 knew what they were going to do once they got there. They didn't start any fires or anything. You just had folks goofing off inside the building.

Carrying sharp weapons to the oppositions rally as in hopes of attacking said person is premeditated.

Reactions: StarRaider
Politicians arent people.

You really want them to use this case to slap us with more laws comrade?
What are you arguing about? The guy attempted to stab a sitting congressman and candidate for governor in the neck and didn't even spend the night in jail and you act like it's no big deal. I don't understand what your point is? I'm not arguing for more laws, I arguing for the government to enforce the laws we already have.

Reactions: StarRaider
Politicians arent people.

You really want them to use this case to slap us with more laws comrade?
New York Consolidated Laws, Penal Law - PEN § 265.01 | FindLaw

A person is guilty of criminal possession of a weapon in the fourth degree when:

(1) He or she possesses any firearm, electronic dart gun, electronic stun gun, gravity knife, switchblade knife, pilum ballistic knife, metal knuckle knife, cane sword, billy, blackjack, bludgeon, plastic knuckles, metal knuckles, chuka stick, sand bag, sandclub, wrist-brace type slingshot or slungshot, shirken or “Kung Fu star”;  or

I seriously don't think most of the people who went into the capital on Jan 6 knew what they were going to do once they got there. They didn't start any fires or anything. You just had folks goofing off inside the building.

Carrying sharp weapons to the oppositions rally as in hopes of attacking said person is premeditated.

There are certainly many different gradations of responsibility for 1/6, no one is arguing differently. But when Trumpsters casually refer to the whole thing as people just taking selfies or benignly protesting, that's just ridiculous.

What are you arguing about? The guy attempted to stab a sitting congressman and candidate for governor in the neck and didn't even spend the night in jail and you act like it's no big deal. I don't understand what your point is? I'm not arguing for more laws, I arguing for the government to enforce the laws we already have.
The guy got up and kept on with his speech. Am I supposed to react more strongly than the victim?

The guy got up and kept on with his speech. Am I supposed to react more strongly than the victim?
Maybe he's a tougher man than you are? Did you watch the video and watch the assailant swing his arm towards his neck? Had the congressman not grabbed him by the arm he might have connected.

Maybe he's a tougher man than you are? Did you watch the video and watch the assailant swing his arm towards his neck? Had the congressman not grabbed him by the arm he might have connected.
Sure he is tougher than me. Doesnt change anything.

I said from the start the guy should be arrested and spend time in jail. I think that is enough to say.

Yes I would say to anyone who told me they were going to physically illegally enter a government building that you shouldn't be surprised if you get shot. Don't illegally force entry into government buildings. Protest all you want. Trespassing etc is not protected.

"... the right of the people peaceably to assemble..."

Some people can spot a comma in one amendment, but miss an entire word in another amendment.

Where is the DOJ enforcing Federal Law that was violated by assaulting a Congressman

Reactions: dovervolz
You bet it’s a contest. And the stakes are the continuing survival of the Republic. Ever single Democrat candidate for every office from Dog catcher to President has to be voted out of office.
That's certainly a reasonable position. You think maybe you've been brainwashed?

VN Store

Back