Portal Activity (News and Rumors)

I keep saying UT money can’t compete with LSU UT is football, then basketball then baseball even though baseball has had more recent success. We were in the hunt for SS from USC also and lost to LSU.

I wonder if Tony needs to do more rubbing elbows and kissing babies with our larger donors to increase our NIL budget. He seems to be more of a nose to the grindstone recruiting guy. I wholeheartedly believe Skenes wanted to come here last year, but we were just outbid and didn't want to guarantee the Friday night spot.

Reactions: NighthawkVol
I keep saying UT money can’t compete with LSU UT is football, then basketball then baseball even though baseball has had more recent success. We were in the hunt for SS from USC also and lost to LSU.

I have been told Carson Rucker will make it to campus. If Matthew Dallas can make it to campus. I will take him every time over this Loer kid.

I know you would have more insight.

IMO, it’s a lack of buy in from the administration. They’ve pushed off facility upgrades and the NIL money just isn’t as available to baseball as it is to football. Until the administration starts to take action rather than just talk about it nothing will change

I wonder if Tony needs to do more rubbing elbows and kissing babies with our larger donors to increase our NIL budget. He seems to be more of a nose to the grindstone recruiting guy. I wholeheartedly believe Skenes wanted to come here last year, but we were just outbid and didn't want to guarantee the Friday night spot.

We may have been outbid, but I also think TV wasn’t guaranteeing anything to Skenes with Dollander, Burns, and Beam. You should be loyal to your guys who you know can succeed.

We may have been outbid, but I also think TV wasn’t guaranteeing anything to Skenes with Dollander, Burns, and Beam. You should be loyal to your guys who you know can succeed.
I believe that was the word with White as well. LSU bid more and guaranteed a starting spot which Tony wouldnt.

Like a poster previously stated CTV wanted Skenes as a catcher more than a pitcher the rotation was set already as you stated. BTW Happy Father's Day

Guys used to go to the state school for love of the school.
Then it became the school that could probably win championships and showcase me to the pros.
Now it's, how much are you willing to pay me for my services.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Haslam flew CTV to Colorado Springs on his plane to visit with Skenes. He spent over 3 hrs with him, got on the plane feeling good about it (maybe even had his commitment) and 2-3 days later Skenes calls CTV and says thanks but no thanks, LSU doubled their initial offer.

Guys used to go to the state school for love of the school.
Then it became the school that could probably win championships and showcase me to the pros.
Now it's, how much are you willing to pay me for my services.
Your right I got blasted in BB forum for saying the same thing. I believe these young men deserve something but the NIL is not the answer. Look at Ahuna I'm sure he got a pretty decent NIL deal and look at the scrutiny he has been under by some fans. These young men have enough pressure wiith class,and practice and fan bases bitching about their performance.Now they hear it about the money when will it stop.I know I'm ranting but to comment yes college sports with the NIL has turned into me me,me instead of we we,we

Reactions: Zues1
I mean we’re just not going to win many (maybe any) head to head battles in the portal against LSU. The sad truth is LSU is on another playing field than the rest of the country in baseball and will continue to stack an all-star roster every year because their NIL game is 2nd to none. We’ll have to build this thing with high school recruits.

Reactions: Titan05
Does LSU just have more rich donors than Tennessee that they can focus on all 3 sports plus women's BB? Or are our rich donors just cheapskates?

Does LSU just have more rich donors than Tennessee that they can focus on all 3 sports plus women's BB? Or are our rich donors just cheapskates?

The new collegiate sports ethic: We need to out-bribe the other programs for players. Sad state of affairs....

Reactions: Titan05

VN Store

Back