Portal Activity (News and Rumors)

Too many people crying about NIL. It is spilled milk. Get over it. Everyone will adapt. Things will change. Everything changes anyway. Their is not really "fair" in life. Don't let things steal your joy.

So they paid more... So what? Our team did really well and I really want another opportunity to play them. I think if we had 2 out of 3 now we win.

Too many people crying about NIL. It is spilled milk. Get over it. Everyone will adapt. Things will change. Everything changes anyway. Their is not really "fair" in life. Don't let things steal your joy.

So they paid more... So what? Our team did really well and I really want another opportunity to play them. I think if we had 2 out of 3 now we win.
Agree just bad luck having to see them in game one and they can roll out a dude who will be in some MLB team’s pen in two weeks lol. Win tomorrow and we will make a run.

Reactions: spyfish007
Your right I got blasted in BB forum for saying the same thing. I believe these young men deserve something but the NIL is not the answer. Look at Ahuna I'm sure he got a pretty decent NIL deal and look at the scrutiny he has been under by some fans. These young men have enough pressure wiith class,and practice and fan bases bitching about their performance.Now they hear it about the money when will it stop.I know I'm ranting but to comment yes college sports with the NIL has turned into me me,me instead of we we,we

It doesn’t matter if you or I think NIL is “the answer.” It’s the law of the land, pursuant to a 9-0 ruling by the Supreme Court in the matter of the NCAA v. Alston. It was obviously the correct decision in accordance with our federal constitution. I’m not sure why so many people think this is something to take issue with or that can be altered. The prior paradigm was simply illegal.

It doesn’t matter if you or I think NIL is “the answer.” It’s the law of the land, pursuant to a 9-0 ruling by the Supreme Court in the matter of the NCAA v. Alston. It was obviously the correct decision in accordance with our federal constitution. I’m not sure why so many people think this is something to take issue with or that can be altered. The prior paradigm was simply illegal.

What about the prior "paradigm" was illegal? I've got to read about this Supreme Court decision because they whole thing is BS. Yes, companies or schoolsl making money off a player's name, image and likeness was not good or legal. But NIL has gone way beyond paying players for merchandise with their name or image on it, hasn't it? Nobody should be getting NIL money, IMO, until they've been at a school for a year. Bribing/recruiting players with NIL should not be allowed--because without rules constraining it, it's just become which bizmen/schools are willing to offer the biggest bribes. And who is monitoring all these supposed NIL deals? Apparently, nobody. And bizmen/schools who are offering big NIL deals are not, in most cases, not making their money back--which is why it just amounts to bribery.

LSU donors plugging in $10 million, meanwhile in Knoxville we've been discussing stadium upgrades for three seasons

What about the prior "paradigm" was illegal? I've got to read about this Supreme Court decision because they whole thing is BS. Yes, companies or schoolsl making money off a player's name, image and likeness was not good or legal. But NIL has gone way beyond paying players for merchandise with their name or image on it, hasn't it? Nobody should be getting NIL money, IMO, until they've been at a school for a year. Bribing/recruiting players with NIL should not be allowed--because without rules constraining it, it's just become which bizmen/schools are willing to offer the biggest bribes. And who is monitoring all these supposed NIL deals? Apparently, nobody. And bizmen/schools who are offering big NIL deals are not, in most cases, not making their money back--which is why it just amounts to bribery.

The prior paradigm was an unconstitutional antitrust violation. That’s why SCOTUS ruled the way they did (and what they ruled). The NCAA was preventing people from being paid for the product they produced and for their likeness. In no way is that a proper use of authority under the constitution.

Just because these players are athletes doesn’t mean that their right to earn money isn’t as protected as yours, simply because you don’t like the way it affects the game. They operate in the free market too. Bottom line, if someone is willing to pay you for a skill, no one gets to say how much that payment is. That’s how the free market works…we’re all worth whatever someone is willing to pay us. Same applies to college athletes, who, last I checked, are also protected under the law.

Yes, you need to read the decision.

And no, it’s not bribery. That’s not what bribery means.

Jokes make you laugh. The fact LSU will most likely buy this kid doesn't make me laugh.

It makes me jealous we don't have the NIL to compete with them.
They have a big baseball benefactor apparently, we do not it seems like.

It’s not a joke. If LSU pursues him, he’s a Tiger. They will not lose out on any kid they actually want.
Impossible for them to get every single top guy. Just not enough starting spots. Just getting ahead of everyone posting 30+ transfer options and people flooding in to say they’re all going to LSU. It’s frustrating for us to keep losing out on these guys to them, but I’m not jumping off the ledge yet. Hopefully Danny will get something figured out.

Reactions: chuckiepoo

VN Store

Back