Positive outlook on WKU (ESPN)

I hope we blow the doors off of WKU in the first half so that the second and third string guys can get some more game reps.

Reactions: 3 people
I'm sure our second string is better than theirs and that's what you're basing your opinion on is our second string. have you even seen their second string perform?I'm sure our 1-2 is better than their 1-2.

You think our second string is more talented than WKU's but not better than AP's?

Reactions: 4 people
I don't see why they're making such a big deal over them beating UK. They're a 1-11 team at best this year. Not to mention we have a lot more talent than UK does too. Not saying Petrino won't put up a good fight but an upset is highly unlikely, especially in Neyland Stadium.

Last edited:
WK is a must win for the Vols, a loss would indeed show that the program is still in dire straights and be a deja vu of the past few seasons....not acceptable to the Vol faithful.
Our seniors know this and will do their very best to avoid another loss in Neyland Stadium.

Reactions: 2 people
Mixing 2nd stringers in ALONG with starters is much different then a mass substitution of the 2nd string offense and defense. You think in order to rest our starters we will do a mass substitution of the 2nd team offense and defense?

+1

Given the past 3 years, I blame no one (nationally) for thinking WKU could upset the Vols.

However, I have no idea how those following the Butch Jones tenure closely could think this will be anything but a solid victory.

Definitely. And if it were still a shower fresh Dooley team I would be more inclined to side with the upset special of the week. Mentally, Dooley's team was a bunch of headcases that one mistake would plummet us in a downward spiral. I think mental aspect alone Butch has these guys far ahead of last year's team. While Butch may play conservative as to continue not showing the playbook to next week, I don't think this is nearly as scary as some think it will be.

I followed the Petrino tenure closely here in Arky, and that's why I think it will be closer than most think. I still think we win, but it wouldn't suprise me if BP kept it within 10 pts.

In your opinion, what would the line be if Petrino was not the coach at WKU?

UK may only win one game this year. Alabama State.

I think it's reasonable to expect them to lose to Ohio on Saturday.

Given the past 3 years, I blame no one (nationally) for thinking WKU could upset the Vols.

However, I have no idea how those following the Butch Jones tenure closely could think this will be anything but a solid victory.

Did you say something positive? Holy ****. I think my feet just got cold because hell froze over. Even in your "positive" statements, they're still kinda backhanded.

Cincinnati lost 8 games in Butch Jones first year and that team had plenty of talent leftover from the 2009 team that almost played for the NC.

CBJ is solid but the first year is rarely easy regardless of how good of a coach you are.

I agree and I also believe there will be no letting off the gas this week...A good beat down of WKU will build a lot of confidence going to Oregon.

Throttling back on AP was a bit of respect/class thing for CBJ. Time to open up on WKU for the momentum, you are correct.

To many people buying into the over hype on WK. The game will not be close and they will go home licking their wounds. Vols gonna beat dat a$$.

Many vol fans are shell shocked from the past several years, too many negative images floating around in their heads. That said it's a new day and we have superior talent. I see a 20 point victory for the Vols. Just hoping that the Vols will still be healthy when we roll into Gainesville....

Throttling back on AP was a bit of respect/class thing for CBJ. Time to open up on WKU for the momentum, you are correct.

yep, if anyone thinks the second halve was little more than the coach's looking at players in game situations is kidding themselves

Reactions: 1 person
Yes. And the starters are gioing to play every down against WKU? Hardly. We are way too thin to think we will have an easy game this year. Against virtually anyone.

Short of a mass infection singling out only starters, or another blow-out first half, at no time will the back-ups all be on the field at the same time.

You think our second string is more talented than WKU's but not better than AP's?

Many UT second stringers didn't even see the field last week; they just subbed straight down to 3s and 4s. At no time did AP remove all starters and sub down to 2s, 3s and 4s.

I'm expecting us to destroy them... Then again, I did think that for some reason we had a chance against Bama last year... So I am not counting my chickens just yet...

VN Store

Back