(Potential) Chicago Riots

I am. Saw it on Myth Busters, but the distance would be significantly shorter if the gun was already drawn, no?

Certainly, but when you're talking about a closing time of (at the drill distance of 21') 1.5 seconds how much "shorter" is there to begin with? Oh, and don't assume that shooting stops the action. (short of a CNS hit) Having hit the target is small comfort if they still manage to get a knife in you anyway before they go down. There's plenty of examples of people soaking up bullets before being stopped.

Mostly I'm challenging your "isn't much of a threat" assertion. If charged by someone with a knife/club/etc at even 30' you've got something like 2 seconds to make and act on a potentially life and death decision. I'm not calling a right/wrong on any particular incident but, as LG was pointing out, don't get too whimsical about what constitutes a potential threat.

Spot on.. especially if there is some first 50 shopper deal and someone or group try to halt someone from entering a store.. The so called movement will get a worst beating from shoppers that the police could ever deliver

And you sound pleased about ******* holiday shoppers beating down people, as though this scenario is something for Americans to be proud of.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back