Potpourri

I finally took the time to watch this movie (Babe)....My face is sore from smiling so much....

66969-universal-pictures-home-entertainment-15cca36d14e2b71bbf2fc0e156740645.jpg

For those watching the Olympics looking for the easiest "Eastern time formatted" daily schedule to follow:

Also the easiest and best way to watch the most complete coverage is to get the Peacock APP for your firestick/Roku device (and you can filll the boring times with replays of the Royal Rumbles/WWrestlemania's)

Last edited:
Today, I finally took a walk on the trail I use to take with my last 2 dogs, before they passed due to canine cancers they came down with at different times......It was one of the hardest things I have ever done...

In my memory I saw them everywhere....Came to an old hollowed out tree, the one they always stuck their head into looking for a squirrel, or rabbit to chase....Such a wonderful memory....I almost heard them barking with excitement again.

As I walked along, the song "Memories" by Elvis, kept playing through my mind....After what we love has passed on, all we have is memories of the joy they brought to us...The line "Memories, pressed between the pages of my mind" is just golden...

I know each of you that read this, have lost a wonderful pet, probably more than one...You will never forget them....They are forever pressed between the pages of your mind.

Last edited:
Bored?
Yawn,,

Favorite sport's quote or sports saying...

I'll start it with a quote and a saying
Quote:
This was said by Pat Summitt ((in McLellum gym hallway, Chattanooga, during the 96 SEC...she said...(when asked if she coached effort),,,she replied.."I coach everything,,but I don't coach passion,,if I have to teach you to love my game, I don't want you"

sports saying....
"You will play,,, just like you practice"

Bored?
Yawn,,

Favorite sport's quote or sports saying...

I'll start it with a quote and a saying
Quote:
This was said by Pat Summitt ((in McLellum gym hallway, Chattanooga, during the 96 SEC...she said...(when asked if she coached effort),,,she replied.."I coach everything,,but I don't coach passion,,if I have to teach you to love my game, I don't want you"

sports saying....
"You will play,,, just like you practice"
Chick Graning taught us a corollary: “Practice doesn’t make perfect. Perfect practice makes perfect.”

In an earlier post, I mentioned that the Sanger Heart center was very pleased with my progress after surgery. I bet they are, I just got their bill where they charged over $256k to my insurance. :(

Reactions: krichunaka
51 years ago to the day was my 1st day in the USAF. And I got out 4 years later the day Elvis Presley passed. long time ago!

Good you are doing much better sir....Very good news indeed.

The day Elvis died I was in my car coming home from work at a Knoxville location...I was stopped at a red light listening to a Vol report about the upcoming football season when the announcer interrupted the sports coverage to give the heart wrenching news about Elvis....

When the light turned green, hardly a car moved forward....It seems many of us were listening to the same news cast and driving a car was the last thing on our minds....I pulled over to a service station, along with many other cars, to see what we had just heard was for real; unfortunately it was...

I remember hugging/comforting an unknown lady who was just bawling her eyes out...She was sobbing uncontrollably.....One of the stopped cars at the gas station was playing, very loudly, an Elvis Presley song out of respect for the fallen music hero that so many of us thought was just so damn cool...How could he be dead....It seemed inconceivable....
l-intro-1625482718.jpg

Long but true story: My last duty assignment was at wright Pratt. AFB.medical center. I had been relieved from active service @ 2 weeks early for some damn reason or other ( I don't remember why since it was so long ago ) and I was just sitting around waiting to process out. My duty station commander was a lady full bird Colonel who hated my guts because I reported a theft in her section to the Security police and she didn't want it to mess up her record prior to a big inspection from the USAF tiger team. That is the heavy hitters inspection peeps. Also, I had been making friends with a certain little lady 1st Lt. that the Colonel had eyes for . The Colonel was a lesbian. Since I didn't have to report to work, I had been letting my hair get a little long and 4 days before I got out the Tiger team was supposed to inspect her duty area and people. So, my squadron commander called me up and told me that the bitch wanted me present and that I needed to get my hair cut and shave and look fit and polished. Well, dumb ass 22 yo me got mad and got my hair cut but gathered it up and put it on my first sargents desk in a paper bag with a note that I didn't appreciate having to report after already being released. I stood around the Medical center section where I'd worked on the inspection day all day and the Tiger team never came thru. So, AUG 15 came and I had about 15 spots that I had to pass thru with a copy of my records and finish the processing out . I got to section 11 and the guy looked at my paperwork and said it had been redlined and that I had an active article 15 that had to be prosecuted. The bitch had charged me with disrespect to a superior officer because of the hair on the sargent's desk. lol I had 2 options. Fight it and delay my departure or accept it and lose 2 stripes and a few hundred dollars separations pay(the difference in being a Sargent vs an Airman 1st. I chose the second path. So, I was mad as hell and driving home to Tn drinking tall boy beers and having every radio station play Elvis music and saying he had died on his toilet. lol When I hit the Ky state line just before I got to Tn I threw a full beer out the window toward a sign and wouldn't ya know there was a cop car right on the other side of the road . How he didn't come after me I will never know but it was late and he was probably snoozing.

Last edited:
Reactions: chuckiepoo
Long but true story: My last duty assignment was at wright Pratt. AFB.medical center. I had been relieved from active service @ 2 weeks early for some damn reason or other ( I don't remember why since it was so long ago ) and I was just sitting around waiting to process out. My duty station commander was a lady full bird Colonel who hated my guts because I reported a theft in her section to the Security police and she didn't want it to mess up her record prior to a big inspection from the USAF tiger team. That is the heavy hitters inspection peeps. Also, I had been making friends with a certain little lady 1st Lt. that the Colonel had eyes for . The Colonel was a lesbian. Since I didn't have to report to work, I had been letting my hair get a little long and 4 days before I got out the Tiger team was supposed to inspect her duty area and people. So, my squadron commander called me up and told me that the bitch wanted me present and that I needed to get my hair cut and shave and look fit and polished. Well, dumb ass 22 yo me got mad and got my hair cut but gathered it up and put it on my first sargents desk in a paper bag with a note that I didn't appreciate having to report after already being released. I stood around the Medical center section where I'd worked on the inspection day all day and the Tiger team never came thru. So, AUG 15 came and I had about 15 spots that I had to pass thru with a copy of my records and finish the processing out . I got to section 11 and the guy looked at my paperwork and said it had been redlined and that I had an active article 15 that had to be prosecuted. The bitch had charged me with disrespect to a superior officer because of the hair on the sargent's desk. lol I had 2 options. Fight it and delay my departure or accept it and lose 2 stripes and a few hundred dollars separations pay(the difference in being a Sargent vs an Airman 1st. I chose the second path. So, I was mad as hell and driving home to Tn drinking tall boy beers and having every radio station play Elvis music and saying he had died on his toilet. lol When I hit the Ky state line just before I got to Tn I threw a full beer out the window toward a sign and wouldn't ya know there was a cop car right on the other side of the road . How he didn't come after me I will never know but it was late and he was probably snoozing.
But didn’t we all think we knew it all at 22!! Glad things worked out with your surgery!!

Just wanted a place this morning to say -
Teachers do God’s work everyday. The right teacher on the right day can literally change a child’s life forever. They are underpaid and under appreciated.
The very next teacher I run into I’m going to tell them exactly that.

Just wanted a place this morning to say -
Teachers do God’s work everyday. The right teacher on the right day can literally change a child’s life forever. They are underpaid and under appreciated.
The very next teacher I run into I’m going to tell them exactly that.
Absolutely,,,"The right words net the right results"

But didn’t we all think we knew it all at 22!! Glad things worked out with your surgery!!
Thank you! Yes, the ole ticker has been doing great since the surgery. I've had no episodes of arrhythmia(sp?) since July 21. Now if they let me get off of the high priced blood thinner meds I would be even more happy. lol

VN Store

Back