President Joe Biden - Kamala Harris Administration

Didn't Trump scrap an emergency preparedness program, which would have helped with our initial response, some time before the outbreak?
Every single business owner I talked to about Covid prep said they thought they had a good plan in place beforehand and that they didn’t realize how ineffective their plan was until Covid hit. It wouldn’t shock me if that would also have been true of the Obama plan.

It’s becoming very clear that we’re about to record our second consecutive quarter of negative GDP growth because the administration is suddenly working overtime (through the liberal press) to explain why consecutive quarters of negative GDP growth doesn’t necessarily mean we’re in a recession.

The U.S. is lacking a key aspect of any recession

I mean the context of the scripture

I could do that, but VN, based on experiences, doesn't cotton to preaching. Further, I gave a quote in the sense that I and others on here quote something. My tagline for example. To go full on Biblifying the verse, would detour from the true topic being discussed, argued about, debated, talked about, or casting a verbal jab. Now, if I was in a religious forum, I'd talk about the author of that particular psalm, its socio-historical and even the author's personal intent context. But this isn't a religious forum, so it serves as a quote to illustrate a point based on the thread posts I was engaged with. Therefore, to quote the late Stan Lee, "Nuff said."

Last edited:
Reactions: EasternVol
Every single business owner I talked to about Covid prep said they thought they had a good plan in place beforehand and that they didn’t realize how ineffective their plan was until Covid hit. It wouldn’t shock me if that would also have been true of the Obama plan.

Like Mike Tyson said, "Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth."

Don’t care about the GOP/DEM pissing contest but I wonder why people aren’t going back to work…. Originally, it was bc of the free money but that has ended as far as I know.
It is a mystery
I guess the Great Early Retirement

It is a mystery
I guess the Great Early Retirement

I've said it before, and I'm not sure how many more times I have to say it but covid created some non-traditional work. A lot of people started making money off social media. Why go to a 9 to 5 when you and your spouse can cook and crack jokes on facebook for money every night? The number of "influencers" getting paid went up. The stand at the corner gorilla marketing from the early 2000's was changed. We just don't know the true number, but the employee gap seems to be bearing this out.

Reactions: Orangeburst
I've said it before, and I'm not sure how many more times I have to say it but covid created some non-traditional work. A lot of people started making money off social media. Why go to a 9 to 5 when you and your spouse can cook and crack jokes on facebook for money every night. The number of "influencers" getting paid went up. We just don't know the true number, but the employee gap seems to be bearing this out.
It's not even just influencers, there are more and more ways to make money with little "gigs". We always heard about the gig economy but it is here.

Examples: I am blessed enough to make pretty good money, definitely enough for my wife and I to live on. She's not had to have a full-time job since we shut down the retail side of our business a year and a half ago, but she brings in a couple K per month doing some Spanish tutoring, on-the-side baking, crafty stuff, etc. that she can sell via the internet.

I had a Lyft driver the other day here in DC that was probably in his early 50s. He was driving a real nice Lexus (not even as a premium driver) and we were talking. He had gotten tired of the crap in his job as an engineer so to bring in some "living money" he was driving three times a week but otherwise just hanging out at his multi-million dollar house. I'm inclined to believe he wasn't lying as this stuff came up organically.

I'm about at that point myself. Once my wife and I finish paying the builder for our apartment in Peru (likely in about 18 months) I will have a home, free and clear, even though it is abroad. I don't need that much to survive on. We'll see where things go from there. The main driver of my irritation has nothing to do with my actual job but with management. I have been with the company a decade and am getting treated, now, like I'm not trustworthy enough to deliver. And this by people that have been there and seen me work the whole time, and in a year where I have (alone!) driven in $1.2M in revenue and a healthy profit margin through my own direct budget management. People want to be left alone to succeed and make enough to live on, and companies large and small are increasingly meddling way too much.

Wonder when ol' "Pedo Pete" here will take responsibility for his hand in raising an absolute degenerate for a son.
He hasn’t in 52 years. He was raised in a political kingdom of wealth, private school, connections and no restrictions. Life of corruption, drugs, and rehab. If Joe didn’t cut him off after he started having a relationship with his dead sons wife, he won’t do it for crack cocaine and hookers.

Why did Joe shower with his daughter and kiss his grandchildren on the lips? And why does Hunter, the crack head, call him Pedo Pete?

Why did Joe shower with his daughter and kiss his grandchildren on the lips? And why does Hunter, the crack head, call him Pedo Pete?
All things that have been knowledge or swept away. Perfect timing with the tanking numbers to push him out with his sons past. Again, MSM and social media withholding information during the elections was fraud.

Reactions: BreatheUT

VN Store

Back