President Joe Biden - Kamala Harris Administration

A problem is good people get elected to fix the problem then they get corrupted by the system.

By the way, Clinton as you know is a liar and he always lied about the budget surpluses he claimed to have created. The Fed gov't has two forms of debt, public and intergovernmetnal debt. All Clinton did was trade out one debt (public) for intergovernmental debt. Clinton basically raided social security and used the money to pay down public debt yet increased intergovernmental debt for they money has to be paid back to Soc Sec adm. At one time SOC Sec Admin was the gov'ts biggest lender. Yet the corrupt bookkeeping at CBO do not count intergovernmental debt as real debt so Clinton claims he ran surpluses and paid down the public debt.

The bean counters at the treasury department count all debt and when CLinton's massive intergovermental debt is included he ran deficit spending and added about one and half trillion to nations debt.

Don't believe me?

The treasury keeps track of the nations debt daily for last several decades.

The Fed gov't fiscal year runs from Oct 1 to Sept 30.

Look at what the debt was on Spet 30th each of the 8 years Clinton had a budget and you will see that from the first year to the 8th year the debt increased by one and half trillion. You will also find a debt INCREASE each and every year. If there was a surplus as Clinton claimed the debt would have decreased from one to the next but again there was an INCREASE each and every year when ALL debt is counted.
I don't argue your points.

The rubber meets the road with the question, what now? Layers of mistakes, bad leaders, no good options for better leaders on the horizon, and constant finger pointing is keeping us chained to the past while it chains our children and grandchildren to a rotten future. What now?

The rubber meets the road with the question, what now? Layers of mistakes, bad leaders, no good options for better leaders on the horizon, and constant finger pointing is keeping us chained to the past while it chains our children and grandchildren to a rotten future. What now?

I'm afraid the what now is catastrophe. As long as the printing money game is able to continue nobody is going to put the brakes on it because they would lose their office in the next election.

Who's the last "good people" you saw get elected?
I do not personally know anyone in DC so I can't really say they were good to begin with. There was one guy in west TN, a religious guy, a repeblican who said he would fix the problem got elected as our representative went to Washington and Pelosi corrupted him. Remember Stephen Fincher?

Reactions: McDad
I do not personally know anyone in DC so I can't really say they were good to begin with. There was one guy in west TN, a religious guy, a repeblican who said he would fix the problem got elected as our representative went to Washington and Pelosi corrupted him. Remember Stevphen Fincher?

Not off the top of my head, no.

I do not personally know anyone in DC so I can't really say they were good to begin with. There was one guy in west TN, a religious guy, a repeblican who said he would fix the problem got elected as our representative went to Washington and Pelosi corrupted him. Remember Stevphen Fincher?
I don't remember him. Pelosi may have tempted him.

But he corrupted himself.

A dumbed down electorate does not help..politicians do not elect themselves but the same dumb people keep electing the same corrupt politicians over and over. When people found out they can vote themselves money, people vote for their pocket books. The founding fathers said when people can vote themselves money the Republic will be over.

Reactions: AM64
A dumbed down electorate does not help..politicians do not elect themselves but the same dumb people keep election the same corrupt politicians over and over. When people found out they can vote themselves money, people vote for their pocket books. The founding fathers said when people can vote themselves money the Republic will be over.

It was Tytler and his quote was:

“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship. The average age of the world's greatest civilizations has been 200 years. These nations have progressed through this sequence: From bondage to spiritual faith; From spiritual faith to great courage; From courage to liberty; From liberty to abundance; From abundance to selfishness; From selfishness to apathy; From apathy to dependence; From dependence back into bondage.”

A dumbed down electorate does not help..politicians do not elect themselves but the same dumb people keep electing the same corrupt politicians over and over. When people found out they can vote themselves money, people vote for their pocket books. The founding fathers said when people can vote themselves money the Republic will be over.
Ok, so we've got to work with a dumbed down electorate (including ourselves). What now?

Ok, so we've got to work with a dumbed down electorate (including ourselves). What now?
I don't know if anything can be done, things can deterorate until a point they cannot be fixed and the US will go the way of the Roman empire and others.

VN Store

Back