President Joe Biden - Kamala Harris Administration

We have term limits on congress, they're called elections. I for one do not want the federal government stripping away more choices.
We also have term limits on the other elected branch of government, the executive. So for consistency it should apply to both or neither I’d submit.

Reactions: tbwhhs
We have term limits on congress, they're called elections. I for one do not want the federal government stripping away more choices.

Unfortunately, that method has failed. Drastic measures are needed at this point including getting rid of the administrative state.

Since Congress gave up their authority with Chevron (glad it was overturned or will be) they don't deserve to be in office more than 12 years either.

Reactions: tbwhhs
Unfortunately, that method has failed. Drastic measures are needed at this point including getting rid of the administrative state.

Since Congress gave up their authority with Chevron (glad it was overturned or will be) they don't deserve to be in office more than 12 years either.

What other choices do you want the government to take from you?

Reactions: GroverCleveland
Instead of term limits for congress I propose.
1) repealing the 17th amendment
2) a law limiting congress to a max of 120 days in session per year or May 30th end day whichever comes first
3) reducing pay from a yearly salary to daily pay of $670 for every day in session. don't show up to work you don't get paid.
4) eliminate per diem, pension and health coverage
5) build a dorm with cafeteria where they stay and eat while in session
6) pass a law making sitting congress members subject to every law they pass

2) a law limiting congress to a max of 120 days in session per year or May 30th end day whichever comes first
3) reducing pay from a yearly salary to daily pay of $670 for every day in session. don't show up to work you don't get paid.
Could not agree more.

Reactions: hog88
Listening to this dumbass is pissing me off at the lies Being told.

I didn’t like Obama, but compared to this asshat, he was pretty good. That is a really, really low bar. Starts about three inches below the average cow pile.

Reactions: SpaceCoastVol

Unless income from outside sources is blocked, that would give us a completely bought and paid for legislature. Yes worse than now.
Pay them a million a year with tight restrictions on outside income during and after their terms and don't worry about how long they're in session. They'd do their business quickly and go to the beach.

VN Store

Back