Proposed bill would shorten California workweek to 32 hours.

Face it, between bathroom breaks, getting coffee, personal texts/calls, surfing the internet, social media, general chitchat and ext. 32 productive hours is about what employers are getting.
You’re being generous

Reactions: hog88
Well we have nearly 10k team members at my business and they make around $4billion a year in revenue so I’ll call that pretty productive. How about yours?
So on average, each "team member" makes $400k a year, that's pretty lucrative. Either a few make a lot or everyone makes a ton.

Or it's total company revenue generated by those 10K employees?
It's UT Knoxville medical center. They intake a ton of money and they make sure that their intake and outflow equal each other so they maintain their tax free status. The average salary there is probably close to $40k a year.

Reactions: EasternVol
It's UT Knoxville medical center. They intake a ton of money and they make sure that their intake and outflow equal each other so they maintain their tax free status. The average salary there is probably close to $40k a year.

You sure? Most recent 990 shows approx. a billion dollars in revenue and 6K employees (to be fair, might have grown since most recent filing)

So hourly employees are expected to survive on 8 less hours or employers are expected to compensate for 8 free hours?

During Covid... we went to split shifts. That being 3 days on, 4 off, then 4 on and and 3 off. We discovered that we could prioritize key projects better, and rather than one person managing a project, we would hand it off to the incoming engineer. We discovered that we could meet all our goals and timelines and having a few more days away was a great benefit to moral. So... I am not convinced a 5 day, 50-60 hour work week is the way to go!

Reactions: GroverCleveland
During Covid... we went to split shifts. That being 3 days on, 4 off, then 4 on and and 3 off. We discovered that we could prioritize key projects better, and rather than one person managing a project, we would hand it off to the incoming engineer. We discovered that we could meet all our goals and timelines and having a few more days away was a great benefit to moral. So... I am not convinced a 5 day, 50-60 hour work week is the way to go!

I 100% agree that overworking your people and/or having inflexible schedules reduce productivity. I just disagree with.gov mandates.

Reactions: volfanhill

This has been studied for a long time. In the short term looks great. As it plays out longer not so much

Why these artificial limits of 500 employees? And what about government workers. They will not accept being excluded. High pensions, benefits and time off, aren't enough.

Starting after Memorial Day we have summer hours, there are goals everyone has to meet from week to week and if they hit them the week prior the next Friday is a paid day off. It works but by the end of summer it becomes expected instead of a bonus and always leads to some BS when they miss one.

Just going to be a small hourly wage increase for workers. Companies are not going to hire extra employees to make up this 8 hour time as employment costs are not worth it. They will just require the same employees work overtime as per fed law.
Think of manufacturing or production lines...the pace always stays the same and equipment will not be ramped up by 25% to achieve the same product output.

Reactions: volinbham

VN Store

Back