Props to Coach Harper

For those who want to see better play/players/results (And I understand, to an extent, how you feel. This team is wildly inconsistent), I have just one question:
Who do you want to see as the next coach for this team ?
Fans, generally, have wanted a coach with a history of great recruiting and great results in the regular season, and especially, in the NCAA tournament.
They don't want to repeat the "mistake" of hiring a coach, who is unproven at the highest level, again.
In all of the posts regarding wanting a new coach, and there have been a lot, I haven't seen one viable answer to that question. Unfortunately, there are very few coaches who fit that criteria. And the ones that do, aren't leaving their present positions. So, who do you want as the next coach ?
If you don't have a viable answer to that question, then your answer is CKJH.

Last edited:
For those who want to see better play/players/results (And I understand, to an extent, how you feel. This team is wildly inconsistent), I have just one question:
Fans, generally, have wanted a coach with a history of great recruiting and great results in the regular season, and especially, in the NCAA tournament.
They don't want to repeat the "mistake" of hiring a coach, who is unproven at the highest level, again.
In all of the posts regarding wanting a new coach, and there have been a lot, I haven't seen one viable answer to that question. Unfortunately, there are very few coaches who fit that criteria. And the ones that do, aren't leaving their present positions. So, who do you want as the next coach ?
Not saying I have a name but should I read your post that the AD should let this go on forever because none of the coaches who have already won at the highest levels wants the job or should he be willing to go find that diamond in the rough.

Didn’t hear anyone calling for CJH to be hired for the football program and he has been the best thing in two decades.

This is the hard part of the AD and his staff’s job.

Reactions: T_Vol376
IMG_4993.gif

Yep. They are smokin’ quality medicinal strains. Wish I could find a source of some of the older strains and flavors. A little Panama red? Fine Colombian? Makes tonight a wonderful thing….

Reading comprehension a problem?
I told you. Only seven teams have reached the sweet sixteen the last two seasons. Lady Vols are one of the seven. Only ten teams have a record over the last three years of two sweet 16s and a round of 32. Lady Vols are one of the ten.
I posted which teams earlier but I can’t remember where but some of other the teams included USC, UConn, Maryland, Louisville, Stanford. So basically Kellie has the program back among the elite. Hopefully we take the next step this year.
Hollie last four years final 8 ; second round ; second round ; first round . Tennessee went Three years in a row not getting pass second round.
Then the first round lost and Westbrook something needs to change speach.
After watching a replay or two the lower section of Thomson/ food city building was almost full not many seats empty. Tennessee is not in worse under Kellie one thing she not lost the player's like hollie

Hollie last four years final 8 ; second round ; second round ; first round . Tennessee went Three years in a row not getting pass second round.
After watching a replay or two the lower section of Thomson/ food city building was almost full not many seats empty. Tennessee is not in worse under Kellie one thing she not lost the player's like hollie
Yep. The wolves perceived a weakness and attacked.

It’s gonna be okay. 👌🏿 There has been a concerted effort across the SEC and broader to bring the Lady Vols down. That era is drawing to an end.

WGWTFA!

Yep. The wolves perceived a weakness and attacked.

It’s gonna be okay. 👌🏿 There has been a concerted effort across the SEC and broader to bring the Lady Vols down. That era is drawing to an end.

WGWTFA!
Not trying to steal yer thunder WC…. Just happened to get a massive I had to relieve…

Reactions: Lucy
… behave MC. There be revenuers up in here … 🤣🤣🤣

Reactions: mudcat1973
Not saying I have a name but should I read your post that the AD should let this go on forever because none of the coaches who have already won at the highest levels wants the job or should he be willing to go find that diamond in the rough.

Didn’t hear anyone calling for CJH to be hired for the football program and he has been the best thing in two decades.

This is the hard part of the AD and his staff’s job.
To answer your question;
no, forever is a long time.
And I agree with you, this is a tough question for the AD.
My point is that, what everyone wants in a new coach, is not available. The AD, if he changes coaches, will hire someone with flaws that a lot of fans here, maybe even the majority, will object to. The objections will be because of their lack of results in the following areas: Not sufficiently high won/lost percentage, poor NCAA tournament results, lack of top 10 high school recruits, no connection with UT, etc.
Fwiw, I think that this team, despite the injuries, should be playing better. But with almost the entire team intact now, let's turn down the rhetoric a bit and see how the season and post- season turn out. CKJH deserves that much.
If it becomes necessary, there will be plenty of time, after the season is over, to lose our collective minds over who the new coach should be.

A winner…a few steps above mediocrity

Reactions: T_Vol376
Everyone wants a head coach that's a winner. That's a given. But what name does that "winner" of a coach go by ?
That wasn’t the question? You asked “Who do you want to see as the next coach for this team ?”. The first step before playing the gotcha name game is removing one holding the title. Fans shouldn’t be subjected to your last line out of fear. “If you don't have a viable answer to that question, then your answer is CKJH” In year 20 that’s not the answer.

It’s been stated before and not sure anyone should or would disagree, CKH holds the position because of where she went to school. Had she gone to Tennessee Tech, ETSU, MTSU and worked her way through the coaching ranks the same way she’s not coaching here based off her resume.

That wasn’t the question? You asked “Who do you want to see as the next coach for this team ?”. The first step before playing the gotcha name game is removing one holding the title. Fans shouldn’t be subjected to your last line out of fear. “If you don't have a viable answer to that question, then your answer is CKJH” In year 20 that’s not the answer.

It’s been stated before and not sure anyone should or would disagree, CKH holds the position because of where she went to school. Had she gone to Tennessee Tech, ETSU, MTSU and worked her way through the coaching ranks the same way she’s not coaching here based off her resume.
I don't disagree with you about why CKJH is presently the head coach. But I disagree with you about letting the head coach go, without having a viable alternative to the head coaching position. If you let the head coach go, without having someone to take their place, it puts the team in a terrible position in a number of areas (Recruits, transfers, NIL).
You want to let the head coach go because the team will, somehow, get better without knowing who will be in charge next. Change for change sake.
Is it possible to succeed following that path ?
Possible, but highly unlikely.
You (and mostly everyone else) won't venture to tell us who they want as next head coach. And there's a reason for that. It's very difficult to come up with a viable answer. You want to tear it down without knowing who is going to build it back up. I don't think that's the prudent course of action to take.

I do understand that coaches are ultimately judged by their tournament success, and I guess that's fair. But, at the same time, I believe that can be misleading. For example, I consider Rick Barnes to be an all-time elite coach, but his tournament record is not great. The single elimination tournament is a crapshoot. I know it's an unpopular opinion, but I actually consider W-L record to be a better measure of coaching ability.

We have been a contender under Barnes, and he has recruited very well. We have beaten big dogs. We're 5th in the country as I write. And he hasn't had a tradition of 8 national titles to leverage for recruiting, as Warlick and Harper have had.

Reactions: mcannon1
I don't disagree with you about why CKJH is presently the head coach. But I disagree with you about letting the head coach go, without having a viable alternative to the head coaching position. If you let the head coach go, without having someone to take their place, it puts the team in a terrible position in a number of areas (Recruits, transfers, NIL).
You want to let the head coach go because the team will, somehow, get better without knowing who will be in charge next. Change for change sake.
You (and mostly everyone else) won't venture to tell us who they want as next head coach. And there's a reason for that. It's very difficult to come up with a viable answer. You want to tear it down without knowing who is going to build it back up. I don't think that's the prudent course of action to take.
Who’s says DW doesn’t have a viable? If he doesn’t for each coach he’s over, he’s in the wrong industry. I don’t want to tear it down, it’s down and has been for a few years. Unfortunately it’s staying still and no signs of improvement. We are celebrating come from behind wins against middle of the road bad teams consistently. We are fortunate of having a schedule of competing against teams in a similar situation/on par with…difference is we have RJ and they don’t.

Reactions: Dadof2Vols
We have been a contender under Barnes, and he has recruited very well. We have beaten big dogs. We're 5th in the country as I write. And he hasn't had a tradition of 8 national titles to leverage for recruiting, as Warlick and Harper have had.
I’d take Kellie over Rick Barnes any day. He would be gone in a heartbeat if UCLA offered. No loyalty to a school that pulled him out of the trash can after he was fired at Texas.
Plus personally, he seems like a jerk to me.

I appreciate your thoughtful response but you are wasting your fingers. We have several posters on here who are just miserable people. They want to fire Kellie regardless of record, injuries, the ever increasing competitiveness of WBB etc. I think there are some who didn’t get the coach they wanted when Kellie was hired and they can’t stand it. Others think it is still the ‘90’s and there are only three good programs in the country.
I do disagree with your question who. Kellie is moving this program forward from a pretty low point. She is not even on a warm seat.

As for me I am going to take a unique approach,,,,I am going to see if this team, and Coach Kellie, have indeed taken a turn towards betterment.

Yes we have had two very sluggish starts against two questionable opponents, but we have also shown the ability to overwhelm these same opponents.

What will happen in games to come?
Is it a trend or a deviation?
Is it coaching or players creating each circumstance?

I am going to let what I see in the future decide my assertions towards Coach Kellie's future

I’d take Kellie over Rick Barnes any day. He would be gone in a heartbeat if UCLA offered. No loyalty to a school that pulled him out of the trash can after he was fired at Texas.
Didn’t Kellie leave a school to come here? If we are speaking of loyalty.

I appreciate your thoughtful response but you are wasting your fingers. We have several posters on here who are just miserable people. They want to fire Kellie regardless of record, injuries, the ever increasing competitiveness of WBB etc. I think there are some who didn’t get the coach they wanted when Kellie was hired and they can’t stand it. Others think it is still the ‘90’s and there are only three good programs in the country.
I do disagree with your question who. Kellie is moving this program forward from a pretty low point. She is not even on a warm seat.
That was a theoretical "who". It assumes the premise of firing the head coach. Which will not happen during the season and only happen after season if there's a total collapse.
Imo, it would take a poor SEC playoff result and either not making the NCAA's or a first round exit to force a change.

And some make excuses for record, injuries, NIL etc. At least we are one of 7 programs to make the S16…minimum expectations should never be the standard or rally cry. I’d make a case those supporting CKH didn’t have her on their short list of must hires…which goes back to “who didn’t get the coach they want”

You meant blue font here, right?

I believe UCLA did offer, UT offered more to stay. It's how folks provide for future generations of thier families.

Jerk? One of the last major college coaches never accused of a whiff of scandal. Universally respected throughout the game. Most importantly, Rick is the only coach I know of whose players love him as much or more than Kellie Harper.

Last edited:

Good coaches consider their options when other schools come calling. There is no danger of losing Kellie to another school because no one is offering. Barnes players love him so apparently his 'jerk' routine works as opposed to Kellie's whatever. Not a very good comparison on your part.

(I was typing my post when you posted yours 98, didn't mean to repeat you)

VN Store

Back