"Protests"

And pulling funding for these sports teams is not disrespectful as well... including their anti-trust exemption status... there is no reason why the nfl has to be treated different than other business entities.

If people find it disrespectful, that is all that matters... perception is reality. They really have no idea what they are protesting, generally.

I must have missed where I even remotely implied it was.

And as for the other part, I argue the people that are outraged generally don't know why they are outraged either.

WTF does that have to do with anything?

And it's bull**** because kneeling is making absolutely no statement on the military or veterans at all. Maybe that's why so many Vet groups have come out in support of the players doing this. Probably because all this "disrespect the military" is a narrative that was created just as much to divide as the other side.

First why the language?

second can you provide link to these vets that are ok with them "protesting" this way, I have not seen it? I am sure it is small minority of Vets, but I could be wrong.

Are you saying the time designated for anthem is not time to reflect on them? If so, then just honor them and pick different time/way to make point. That would have nothing to do with "fitting a narrative" which btw the liberal side does plenty of.

He finds it disrespectful, he would have been better just telling everyone to pull public funding and their anti-trust status. imo At least I understand his issue, I'm not saying I agree with him completely... the players.. I have no idea what they think they are doing... the owners better wise up... I said it last year... this is not a good course.

I'm not talking about just this specific issue; I'm talking about his entire time in office. He has routinely exhibited the same snowflake mentality and behavior he routinely blasts.

And as for the other part, I argue the people that are outraged generally don't know why they are outraged either.

Yeah, I have no idea myself... as far as the flag/anthem thing.. if you can't understand why a good portion of the public is upset than I don't what to tell you. The public doesn't need you to agree... pull funding, pull attendance, pull ESPN and cable TV... its been going that way for a few years anyway.

I have no idea what the players think this is going to end... less money comes to mind.

I'm not talking about just this specific issue; I'm talking about his entire time in office. He has routinely exhibited the same snowflake mentality and behavior he routinely blasts.

We'll just have to agree to disagree.

Either way, anyone wants to pull NFL and sports funding and their anti-trust exemption... I am all for that.

Time for me to go, certainly not going to a NFL game. F them.

Yeah, I have no idea myself... as far as the flag/anthem thing.. if you can't understand why a good portion of the public is upset than I don't what to tell you. The public doesn't need you to agree... pull funding, pull attendance, pull ESPN and cable TV... its been going that way for a few years anyway.

I have no idea what the players think this is going to end... less money comes to mind.

It blows my mind. Players are allowed to wear socks depicting cops as pigs but can't put a sticker other helmet honoring the cops who were massacred. They can't wear special shoes designed to honor 9/11 but are allowed to sit when the anthem plays.

Its backwards

Reactions: 4 people
First why the language?

second can you provide link to these vets that are ok with them "protesting" this way, I have not seen it? I am sure it is small minority of Vets, but I could be wrong.

Are you saying the time designated for anthem is not time to reflect on them? If so, then just honor them and pick different time/way to make point. That would have nothing to do with "fitting a narrative" which btw the liberal side does plenty of.

Who decided it specifically was to reflect on the military?

And I never said the "liberal side" didn't fit a narrative, my point is both sides do it but it's pretty clear from this thread it's rare that it's recognized when the side you lean to does it.

We'll just have to agree to disagree.

Either way, anyone wants to pull NFL and sports funding and their anti-trust exemption... I am all for that.

Time for me to go, certainly not going to a NFL game. F them.

I'm sure we will.

And I never said the "liberal side" didn't fit a narrative, my point is both sides do it but it's pretty clear from this thread it's rare that it's recognized when the side you lean to does it.

I thought that is why it was started, was to take time to appreciate past and present military who fought and died for freedom correct me if I am wrong.

Imo, liberal side started "the narrative" with cops and others just a bunch of racists when they do not point out when a white guy is shot or anything that might be viewed as racist towards a white person.

Here is link... http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/09/2...says-only-white-people-can-be-racist.amp.html

United States Code, 36 U.S.C. § 301, states that during a rendition of the national anthem, when the flag is displayed, all present except those in uniform should stand at attention facing the flag with the right hand over the heart; Members of the Armed Forces and veterans who are present and not in uniform may render the military salute; men not in uniform should remove their headdress with their right hand and hold the headdress at the left shoulder, the hand being over the heart; and individuals in uniform should give the military salute at the first note of the anthem and maintain that position until the last note; and when the flag is not displayed, all present should face toward the music and act in the same manner they would if the flag were displayed. Military law requires all vehicles on the installation to stop when the song is played and all individuals outside to stand at attention and face the direction of the music and either salute, in uniform, or place the right hand over the heart, if out of uniform. A law passed in 2008 allows military veterans to salute out of uniform, as well.

The NFL is destroying itself, the numbers are already below last year, people are losing interest and tuning out. I just left my sports bar and it was half full... its normally packed on Sunday.

Reactions: 1 person

My brother who suffered a traumatic brain injury from his last deployment, from a road side bomb still tries to stand for the anthem every time.

Reactions: 10 people
WTF does that have to do with anything?

And it's bull**** because kneeling is making absolutely no statement on the military or veterans at all. Maybe that's why so many Vet groups have come out in support of the players doing this. Probably because all this "disrespect the military" is a narrative that was created just as much to divide as the other side.

I'll tell you whats BS, this comment by you..."that's why so many Vet groups have come out in support of the players doing this." Horsehockey!

Reactions: 8 people
The NFL is destroying itself, the numbers are already below last year, people are losing interest and tuning out. I just left my sports bar and it was half full... its normally packed on Sunday.

My dad is a Pats season ticket holder. He texted me after the anthem and said he was surprised at how upset people at Gillette were. Mike Reiss said he was surprised at the amount of boos coming from the crowd.

My brother who suffered a traumatic brain injury from his last deployment, from a road side bomb still tries to stand for the anthem every time.

If he still stands for the anthem, so should the players.

They are kneeling and protesting a flag that is draped over the coffin of every veteran.

They are kneeling a protesting an anthem grown men and women salute with pride.

It just makes me indescribably sad that spoiled millionaires would shame people like your brother

Reactions: 6 people

volsarelife1, God Bless your brother and thank him for his service!!!!!!! God Bless all that have given, served and are still serving...... God Bless the USA!!

My husband was and will always be a Marine- he served in Viet Nam... so did my first husband. I am very proud of our troops and our United States of America.

Some have come a long way from the past and some love to keep it painfully on the surface. I was so happy to see that young man from the Steelers, a former Ranger, come out and put his hand over his heart.. and more unhappy our Josh Dobbs stayed with the rest of the team. If they want to make that much of a difference, then quit playing football, making millions of dollars and help those that you think we're oppressing.. You can only be who and what you want to be YOURSELF!!

Again, God Bless your brother!!!!!!!
DKgUtWpUQAU9Gsk.jpg

giphy.gif

Last edited:
After reading what I've posted, I apologize for going to the profanity. That was wrong.

Also, I get the reason people see it as disrespectful to the military and vets; I don't necessarily completely agree, but I understand it.

I didn't want to get into a heated argument about it and well, I obviously didn't do a good job. So again, apologies to Nerwan and others.

Overall, I think the whole situation sucks.

United States Code, 36 U.S.C. § 301, states that during a rendition of the national anthem, when the flag is displayed, all present except those in uniform should stand at attention facing the flag with the right hand over the heart; Members of the Armed Forces and veterans who are present and not in uniform may render the military salute; men not in uniform should remove their headdress with their right hand and hold the headdress at the left shoulder, the hand being over the heart; and individuals in uniform should give the military salute at the first note of the anthem and maintain that position until the last note; and when the flag is not displayed, all present should face toward the music and act in the same manner they would if the flag were displayed. Military law requires all vehicles on the installation to stop when the song is played and all individuals outside to stand at attention and face the direction of the music and either salute, in uniform, or place the right hand over the heart, if out of uniform. A law passed in 2008 allows military veterans to salute out of uniform, as well.

What about all the other codes that most people don't pay attention to. You know, inclement weather, no flag clothing, etc. And, they are codes or suggestions, not laws that are binding. And, yes, some veterans do not stand or salute it. What about all those people buying hot dogs and sodas while it's being played. Why is no one upset about their disrespect. Just some other thoughts/facts.

Reactions: 3 people
I need to share this.. I didn't write it.. but it says what our flag stands for so truly!You want to take a knee?

Take a little trip to Valley Forge in January. If you don't know where that is, just Google it from the sidelines. Hold a musket ball in your fingers and imagine it piercing your flesh and breaking a bone or two. There won't be a doctor or trainer to assist you until after the battle, so just wait your turn.Take your cleats and socks off to get a real experience. Then take a knee.

Then, take one at the beach in Normandy where man after American man stormed the beach, even as the one in front of him was shot to pieces...the very sea stained with American blood. The only blockers most had were the dead bodies in front of them, riddled with bullets from enemy fire.

Take a knee in the sweat soaked jungles of Vietnam. from Khe San to Saigon...Anywhere will do. Americans died in all those jungles.There was no playbook that told them what was next, but they knew what flag they represented. When they came home, they were protested as well..and spit on for reasons only cowards know.

Take another knee in the blood drenched sands of Fallujah in 110 degree heat..Wear your Kevlar helmet and battle dress...Your number won't be printed on it unless your number is up! You'll need to stay hydrated but there won't be anyone to squirt Gatorade into your mouth. You're on your own.

There's a lot of places to take a knee. Americans have given their lives all over the world. When you use the banner under which they fought as a source for your displeasure, you dishonor the memories of those who bled for the very freedoms you have. That's what the red stripes mean. It represents the blood of those who spilled a sea of it defending your liberty.

While you're on your knee, pray for those that came before you, not on a manicured lawn striped and printed with numbers to announce every inch of ground taken...but on nameless hills and bloodied beaches and sweltering forests and bitter cold mountains...every inch marked by an American life lost serving that flag you protest.

No cheerleaders, no announcers, no coaches, no fans...just American men and women...delivering the real fight against those who chose to harm us...blazing a path so you would have the right to "take a knee."

You haven't an inkling what it took to get you where you are...but your "protest" is duly noted. Not only is it disgraceful to a nation of real heroes, it serves the purpose of pointing to your ingratitude for those who chose to defend you under that banner that will still wave long after your jersey is retired...

If you really feel the need to take a knee, come with me to church on Sunday and we'll both kneel before Almighty God. We'll thank him for preserving this country for as long as He has. We'll beg forgiveness for our ingratitude for all He has provided us. We'll appeal to Him for understanding and wisdom. We'll pray for liberty and justice for all...because He is the one who provides those things.

But there will be no protest. There will only be gratitude for His provision and a plea for His continued grace and mercy on the land of the free and the home of the brave. It goes like this...

GOD BLESS AMERICA!

Reactions: 2 people
https://twitter.com/_B1S0N/status/912001701263093760?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Ftoprightnews.com%2Fafter-entire-steelers-team-dissed-the-flag-one-player-stuns-them-all%2F

This actually made me cry

DKgUtWpUQAU9Gsk.jpg

This is Alejandro Villanueva, the only player from the Steelers to come out and stand for the anthem. He served three tours in Afghanistan, graduated from West Point, was awarded a bronze star for his service.

And his entire team left him on that field...alone.

His entire team sat out and disrespected his service.

I cannot believe there are people out there who would do something like that.

So everyone who is talking about veterans who sit out the anthem, who support the protests. Look at him. His entire team decided not to show respect, so he stood ALONE

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
Why civilains are so up in arms about this **** is beyond me. As a Veteran I will always stand, but I also support the right for someone to not stand or to protest..... It's one of the basics of why we fought. Stop speaking for all military and veterans.... Especially if you were never one.

Reactions: 7 people
The thing about these protests, is it's a mental distraction to the game. The Steelers tried to pull a PR stunt on the road and show-up the home team. It backfired and they lost to the worst team in football.

Why civilains are so up in arms about this **** is beyond me. As a Veteran I will always stand, but I also support the right for someone to not stand or to protest..... It's one of the basics of why we fought. Stop speaking for all military and veterans.... Especially if you were never one.

I respect you and what you did for this nation.

But I've got three men who are in my family that fought for this country too...and watching people sit down like this makes them angry, it makes them sad. My uncle says he feels like he did when people attacked him for being in the military

He agrees, he fought so they can do what they want he just wishes they could understand what the anthem and the flag represents to him.

VN Store

Back