Proud Boys Leader Arrested in DC

Believe he was charged for burning a BLM banner along with the gun charges. Burning a BLM banner is now a crime? Not free speech, but a crime. Look, these guys are idiots, but we are now subjectively picking and choosing free speech. Burn an American flag, cool. BLM flag? Aww, hell no! The gun charge is what will get him time though.

Reactions: GSD82
Believe he was charged for burning a BLM banner along with the gun charges. Burning a BLM banner is now a crime? Not free speech, but a crime. Look, these guys are idiots, but we are now subjectively picking and choosing free speech. Burn an American flag, cool. BLM flag? Aww, hell no! The gun charge is what will get him time though.
Mag charge....

He was charged with destruction of property for stealing the BLM flag and then burning it. Read the article.

I'm just passing along the info, I have no clue what the laws are in DC.

They are strict so you know it’s as bad as Chicago and only hampers law abiding citizens. I can’t fathom possession of a magazine minus the firearm would be a big deal. Dims gonna dim.

Reactions: Rasputin_Vol
They are strict so you know it’s as bad as Chicago and only hampers law abiding citizens. I can’t fathom possession of a magazine minus the firearm would be a big deal. Dims gonna dim.
Probably a fine.

What? He burned someone else's property. He could burn his own BLM flag and no problem.

Per the allegation, that's how he screwed up: he stole a BLM flag from a historic black church in DC, then burnt it. If he wanted to burn a BLM flag, more power to him. But he should have bought one instead of stealing it.
Now do the 1000's of tv's that has left a store after bricks were thrown at it.

For you people who say the weapons charge will be thrown out, probably not. The courts have upheld those types of limitations. California, for instance, has several restrictions on assault rifles that have been upheld by the courts. Go to GunBroker.com and look at the ads for AR-15s. You will see guns described as California compliant and one of the features is a limit on the magazine capacity to 10 rounds. DC has the same type of restriction.

Most of the time these militia types get in trouble for being within one of the 9 categories of people not allowed to possess firearms (not just own, but possess), the most prevalent being a conviction for domestic violence. FYI, that's federal law.

The Catch-22 is that if you are found guilty of violating the magazine restriction, it could mean you never get to own another gun again, if your conviction is a felony in that state.

Maybe he needed the BLM flag more than they did?

I hear some people think that's not really a crime in certain places any more and theft is okay so long as the person needs it more than the owner. The church probably has insurance, so they can replace it.

Maybe he needed the BLM flag more than they did?

I hear some people think that's not really a crime in certain places any more and theft is okay so long as the person needs it more than the owner. The church probably has insurance, so they can replace it.
In my best Bernie voice, let's be clear. You are okay with this person destroying private property?

Reactions: NurseGoodVol

VN Store

Back