Pruitt waiting until AFTER ESD to hire OC?

I don’t want him fired. Do I wish we had a Stargate portal and could go back in time, never hire Curry, and not be forced into hiring Pruitt in the first place? Yes, but we are stuck with him for another 4 years until we restart this process. Hopefully, the program will be in decent enough shape to hire a coach with legitimate head coaching experience.

What if he wins?

Nothing else makes logical sense.... keeping it quiet for other teams does nothing for us, if it’s an NFL here does nothing for either party but keeping it quiet because of an on staff mediocre hire does for recruiting.... only advantage. If you have anything better to the contrary let’s hear it? Until then I’m inclined to believe it is Freeze or a co-coordinator with someone else on staff.
I have nothing to offer other than I don’t see it as a big deal that we’ve not named an OC yet. You seem insistent that it is Friend and I was only curious as to why you thought that.

Somebody that doesn’t have the last name of Friend.
I love all the Volnation groupies on here that don’t know **** but berate everyone else’s opinions or theories that are just as plausible and in most cases more so than the hanger ons, 😂

Seriously. I think its absurd that you guys think it's Friend, for the reason you think it is. When I actually think about it, I realize how incompetent you think they are.
I’m not even saying Friend for sure I’m just positive it’ll be completely underwhelming and probably someone already on staff... Friend just fits that bill to the fullest.

I love all the Volnation groupies on here that don’t know **** but berate everyone else’s opinions or theories that are just as plausible and in most cases more so than the hanger ons, 😂
You’re insistent that it’s Friend and you’re wrong. You’re welcome in advance. 😎

I didn't want Pruitt, Leach was about 40 times more qualified and losing out on him was a tough blow. But now that we have him, have to hope he does well enough to be here in 10 years.

I do believe if the OC is hired as Doug Matthews said, they are hiding him so Vol Twitter doesn't meltdown before signing day. Which doesn't give me much hope about who it might be.

Sad as it is to say, Jimmy Hyams has been the most correct with this so far. No one believed him when he said it would be weeks before an OC was hired but here we are.

I’m not even saying Friend for sure I’m just positive it’ll be completely underwhelming and probably someone already on staff.

Now you’re shifting...you were confident. What changed, Gus? 😏

I totally agree with you. It's the only thing that makes sense, or a name we have never heard of. Either way he knows it will hurt recruiting or else it would be announced.
I respectfully disagree on the hurting recruiting part. I don’t believe he would hire a guy that would hurt recruiting. He knows and understands the recruiting process and getting the best possible players is the only way to right this ship.

I didn't want Pruitt, Leach was about 40 times more qualified and losing out on him was a tough blow. But now that we have him, have to hope he does well enough to be here in 10 years.

I do believe if the OC is hired as Doug Matthews said, they are hiding him so Vol Twitter doesn't meltdown before signing day. Which doesn't give me much hope about who it might be.

Sad as it is to say, Jimmy Hyams has been the most correct with this so far. No one believed him when he said it would be weeks before an OC was hired but here we are.

Reading tea leaves and we’re drinking coffee.

I’m not even saying Friend for sure I’m just positive it’ll be completely underwhelming and probably someone already on staff... Friend just fits that bill to the fullest.

I'll bow out because I don't want it to seem like you're being ganged up on. I just jumped in to add my 2 scents on the Friend theory.

I have nothing to offer other than I don’t see it as a big deal that we’ve not named an OC yet. You seem insistent that it is Friend and I was only curious as to why you thought that.
If nothing else it's handing ammo to other coaches for negative recruiting right before the early signing period. I'm sure they'd love to tell potential UT o-line, wr, qb, and rb commits....."Tennessee is so bad they can't even pay someone a million plus bucks a year to take their OC position. Nobody wants the job. You don't want to go there."

Might be enough to cause a recruit to flip, or might be just enough for them to change their mind about early signing and wait to look around a little more.

Show me where I said, it’s Friend? I said He is a logical hire considering the process this far in addition to waiting til after ESD.
You dug in and went Spock...now you’re welching! When this hire is made all the overreactors SHOULD feel silly but prolly not.

Reactions: Behr
If nothing else it's handing ammo to other coaches for negative recruiting. I'm sure they'd love to tell potential UT o-line, wr, qb, and rb commits....."Tennessee is so bad they can't even pay someone a million plus bucks a year to take their OC position. Nobody wants the job. You don't want to go there."

Who...Auburn? Their OC took a $500,000 pay cut to go to KANSAS! Bama hires a murderer and so on...

Sweet! So who do you think it is? Or know considering your “knowledge”

So your whole point rests on you knowing it’s Friend and since I haven’t declared another name like a fake authority that proves your logic? I’m beginning to think Sarkisian ftr.

Anyone we're competing with for recruits.
Everybody has a negative recruiting angle on somebody else. If the recruits are beyond our win/loss record, nothing else will register very much.

So your whole point rests on you knowing it’s Friend and since I haven’t declared another name like a fake authority that proves your logic? I’m beginning to think Sarkisian ftr.

No I’m saying you have no ****in clue if my deduction of it being Friend or similar on staff underwhelming hire is true or not.. but you speak to me like I’m full of ****, berate my opinion, while you have no worldly idea youself. It’s comical lol

Why are you positive with that LMAO? Pruitt can coach football and knows who the other coaches, (on both sides of the ball) who can do the same damn thing.

Reactions: butchna
No I’m saying you have no ****in clue if my deduction of it being Friend or similar on staff underwhelming hire is true or not.. but you speak to me like I’m full of ****, berate my opinion, while you have no worldly idea youself. It’s comical lol
But you haven’t based it on ANYTHING! “Deduction”! What a canoe! Thing is nothing either of us throw out there falls under “true”. Gotta happen first. I judge something after it happens...very logical. 😎

VN Store

Back