Pruitt waiting until AFTER ESD to hire OC?

Little does he know...
tumblr_inline_mhiv89ba0s1qz4rgp.gif

It is after dark, after all.

Reactions: butchna
Fulmer and Pruitt don’t seem to be in a panic. We have gotten offensive recruits that don’t seem to be concerned. Pruitt is telling recruits something that satisfies them and I am guessing it is not “trust me”. I am also guessing he is not giving recruits a name.

I am guessing Pruitt has a handshake deal with someone he has known for a long time.

If there were a letter of intent or contract, someone would see it and leak it.

Also I think Phil could list 20 candidates off the top of his head.

The UT OC job may not be as attractive as it has been but it’s more than good enough to attract a lot of applicants.

I think Pruitt has his man but is not announcing for a reason.

I hope not, but it has to make you wonder if he is going Rush Propst. Knows the reaction won't be good before NSD. If not for JJ Peterson and the rule about coaches following a player I think he would already be on staff. If it is an internal promotion for OC like friend I think Propst still comes in and replaces whoever is moved up. Hope it's not and that they really have a good one under wraps. We will see.

I hope not, but it has to make you wonder if he is going Rush Propst. Knows the reaction won't be good before NSD. If not for JJ Peterson and the rule about coaches following a player I think he would already be on staff. If it is an internal promotion for OC like friend I think Propst still comes in and replaces whoever is moved up. Hope it's not and that they really have a good one under wraps. We will see.
Zach Ragan article is pushing the idea of not looking for the "big name" and high school coaches with little college experience who became great coordinators. This is why I am wondering about Propst now. Don't know if he is trying to gauge people's reaction or trolling.

Seriously. I think its absurd that you guys think it's Friend, for the reason you think it is. When I actually think about it, I realize how incompetent you think they are.

EVERYONE passing on Freeze and Lindsey, eye opening.
Don't care about splash anymore, A good fit, get the job done.
Fine with from within or a highschool or a backyard in Guam. (Ironic that Freeze and Yurcich came from nothingsville.)

Guessing that's where Pruitt is also. If they happen to be known, great. But that's not his focus and I'm very confident the feelz on this board or Twitter has zero to do with anything.

Zach Ragan article is pushing the idea of not looking for the "big name" and high school coaches with little college experience who became great coordinators. This is why I am wondering about Propst now. Don't know if he is trying to gauge people's reaction or trolling.
Ragan doesn't even claim ANY inside status.
He's just spitballing like everyone else.
Gotta write something.

Good, I hope Pruitt has one in the bag and we all get a nice Christmas surprise after NSD. :)
I'd take that.
But I'll be open minded regardless. The ONLY thing on my don't want list is a previous college OC with a record of having equal or more talent than the opposing defense and not getting the job done.
I'll take unproven over that, every time 👌[/QUOTE]

I’m hearing a new name popping up. Pruitt was home the other night and was watching “Remember the Titans” and he liked Denzel’s game plan. Inside source says he contacted Denzel and he is reportedly talking it over with his agent. Hopefully my source is being truthful with it. Pruitt is going to be announcing it real soon. 😏

I'm talking about the ones saying Pruitt is in over his head and acting like he has no chance here after seeing just 1 year with players that weren't even his and had never won much of anything to begin with. Pruitt may or may not be the man that turns it around, but anyone insinuating that he isn't going to get it done by basing it on last year is basically just going off the past few coaches experiences and not really letting it play out. For the last time the only thing I am saying is let Pruitt recruit a few classes at least and see the on field results before folks throw him out the door and say he is over his head, of course people will continue to make these claims and that is fine it is a message board with folks from any and everywhere that will say anything. I don't think many at all want him fired although I have heard a few on here pretty much wish he wasn't the coach or make comments like he is in over his head, I just find them type of comments to be way premature and that's all I have left to say about it. GBO!!!!
Do you find it odd that the current threads tend to follow that if when Butch Jones.was.hired?

So in the event it does indeed become friend you would call it incompetent.

Not at all and I've been very careful to use my wording correctly.

I don't think its Friend. BUT, if it is, I will be disappointed it wasn't someone else but we'll see, maybe it'll be okay. If not, a bunch of people will get their wish granted sooner.

Now, if it IS Friend and its reported that it was the whole time but they didn't want to announce it unti after ESD because of the fear of backlash from the fans and the effect that would have on recruiting. YES, I would call them incompetent.

As always this is just my opinion. Good luck.

EVERYONE passing on Freeze and Lindsey, eye opening.
Don't care about splash anymore, A good fit, get the job done.
Fine with from within or a highschool or a backyard in Guam. (Ironic that Freeze and Yurcich came from nothingsville.)

Guessing that's where Pruitt is also. If they happen to be known, great. But that's not his focus and I'm very confident the feelz on this board or Twitter has zero to do with anything.

I agree on all except the High School coach. I'm intelligent enough to know anything "Can" work and I'll live, but my confidence meter on this staff, including Phil, will be smack dab on 0 if Probst is named OC.

Not at all and I've been very careful to use my wording correctly.

I don't think its Friend. BUT, if it is, I will be disappointed it wasn't someone else but we'll see, maybe it'll be okay. If not, a bunch of people will get their wish granted sooner.

Now, if it IS Friend and its reported that it was the whole time but they didn't want to announce it unti after ESD because of the fear of backlash from the fans and the effect that would have on recruiting. YES, I would call them incompetent.

As always this is just my opinion. Good luck.

Written very well and I agree with you.

Reactions: Behr
And vice versa and so forth.

Interesting point. After I responded to this I went back to my post that cgrish commented on and I came to a conclusion.

In the actual scenario that these guys came up with, somebody got to be wackadoo. Right? I mean, IMO if that actually turned out to be true, I think Pruitt is wack. But, if its not, several here that believe that to be fact are in fact wack for even considering such a stoopit thing.

For once I'll be safe from being the one that's wack! Lol.

Reactions: butchna
I'm just going to reiterate there are still plenty of power schools looking for OCs at this point. Most coaches are worried about recruiting currently and trying to fit in interviewing in between. Pruitt has a huge weekend for recruiting that he's been working on; a five star Olineman that we lead for is coming in supposedly among other highly rated players. I know a lot of you are focused on the OC search but recruiting is more important right now.
And wouldn’t it be helpful to have their OC hired? That might be a better selling point than “trust me”.

VN Store

Back