Pruitt waiting until AFTER ESD to hire OC?

For Pete's sake we have not gotten any commits on offense for the 2019 class since Helton left. Please quit repeating this lie. If you want to believe that everything is under control, fine. But quit making up bullcrap to try and make this situation appear any less f'd up than it is. Thanks.
interesting phrasing.

we did get a commit from the #2 pro style qb in the country of the 2020 class w/out Helton being on board.

but that doesn't count?

and with the absence of ANY information, how is it only made up bullcrap if it's if the appearance is under control?

i mean, it can't be any more made up that it be f'd up, given what anyone really knows?

or do you have some inside track that you're not letting us in on?

Care to elaborate?

I'm beginning to wonder if we don't have a problem, form the outside looking in it appears that we have a problem attracting quality assistants. Right now there is only 21 assistant coaches making a mil or more per year, we know we have at least 1.2mil to spend. Scott would be getting a promotion and a 400k raise, I'd think he would have some serious interest if he has been approached.

Reactions: peaygolf
Two words:. Will Friend. Hate to say it, but looks like it is going to happen. And the be Vols will endure more ridicule from the media.

I'm beginning to wonder if we don't have a problem, form the outside looking in it appears that we have a problem attracting quality assistants. Right now there is only 21 assistant coaches making a mil or more per year, we know we have at least 1.2mil to spend. Scott would be getting a promotion and a 400k raise, I'd think he would have some serious interest if he has been approached.
We have a quality coaching staff and one open spot.

Has anyone considered that maybe the decision is being made based on a quality hire and not a timely one? I get that waiting to announce/make a decision wont help the ESD tally, but is it really going to hurt that bad either??

Recruits that are singing with UT are doing so based on early playing time, playing in the SEC, and the living room conversation/official visits. I do not see losing many high prospects because we don't have someone set in stone. CJP will approach the players that will fit in the offensive system that we will be running next year. The person that executes that plan has some definite pull, but considering the names that have been flying around and the interviews that have been conducted, CJP has some names to drop to concerned recruits.

All that said, I would rather know that we lost a couple of possibly good players than know that we rushed and made the wrong OC hire. The OC position holds more weight for the future of the program than a few possible signees for this recruiting class.

This ain't gonna be like the Kitchens deal where I spoke too soon haha. I don't know a lot about Probst either, but I can't help how I feel and I feel considering everything, hiring a high school coach for our OC is not going to give me any confidence in Pruitt going forward. Just won't.
Figure of speech Behr. I wouldn't feel confident if we hired the guy from the backyard in Guam that I made up either.
But my point was never about my confidence. It was about me not making any definite declarations until I actually see results.

Just seems like a better plan than claiming my opinions as facts, like I keep seeing from those few in this thread.

Reactions: jakez4ut
Everybody has a negative recruiting angle on somebody else. If the recruits are beyond our win/loss record, nothing else will register very much.
Not saying there aren't angles out there. Just that there can be negatives to not having an OC in place.

Tee Martin just turned down the Austin Peay head coaching offer. Does that mean he has something else lined up?

Tee Martin just turned down the Austin Peay head coaching offer. Does that mean he has something else lined up?
He didn't have an offer. Said he didn't even want an interview.
I like the new coach, but wish Tee have agreed to at least an interview.

And wouldn’t it be helpful to have their OC hired? That might be a better selling point than “trust me”.
There's several possibilities. One thing I think that's BS is that we can't land anyone we've hired. A lot of those guys have taken lesser jobs for lesser money. There's still an outside possibility that we may have a lot of people telling us no but I doubt it.

For Pete's sake we have not gotten any commits on offense for the 2019 class since Helton left. Please quit repeating this lie. If you want to believe that everything is under control, fine. But quit making up bullcrap to try and make this situation appear any less f'd up than it is. Thanks.

Believe or not, a silent commit is actually a thing.

I could definitely see that. Despite whatever the deal in Atlanta is, seems mostly defense, he had a good offense at both college stops.
Don't care about is temporary stint with alcohol either, I wouldn't be mad if it was him.

i would. the falcons have only scored more than 21 points in 5 games this season. i really hope it's not him.

Reactions: buryMEinORANGE
i would. the falcons have only scored more than 21 points in 5 games this season. i really hope it's not him.
eh, we could (and have) do a lot worse.

and the NFL vs college is just two different animals. if failing in the NFL (and i dont' necessarily thnk Sark has) means you can't come back to college and be successful, then guys like spurrier, carrol, saban etc.....wouldn't have gotten a shot.

sark was a very good OC, and has been a HC at two P5 programs, one where he was pretty darn successful.

i think he probably checks several boxes for what pruitt is looking for actually. and would be a good resource on this staff....speaking of, he likely wouldn't need or want to bring anyone with him either.

i don't know if he's on "the list" or not. but there's a lot of names that have been brought up that make a lot less sense than Sark.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back