Quick thoughts after watching old Cincy games.

You really think watching 1 game is the blueprint for our offensive/defensive/sepecials teams tendencies? If that were the case we would have been contending for the SEC championship game based on that Cinci game. Good coaches build a team around whats available not their system.

He watched more then one game...looks to me like he watched a lot.

If you will take about 5 seconds, that might have been because of talent level at last check the mighty BIG ORANGE has the number 1 recruiting class going should stay in top 5 all the way to NSD, give him time till recruits like Hurd get there ofcourse this year is going to be a rough one playing with someones else players.:loco:

Know what you're trying to say but these are OUR PLAYERS
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I like this thread, because it is thoughtful, makes some specific observations and stimulates conversation.

But I think where the OP missed the boat was in using the evidence to draw conclusions. And, as others have already stated, we can't draw conclusions based on how Cincinnati teams performed. Maybe some of the tendencies will transfer, but this team will be Tennessee, through and through.

Very Weak inductive Argument. Not you his argument.

1. We will be blitzing a ton.

2. We should be able to defend screens very well.

3. QB's that are good with audibles will kill us. (Bama)

4. Our secondary will still be terrible.

5. We will block at least 2 field goals.

6. We will probably be blocked at least once.

7. The most ACCURATE thrower will win the starting job. NOT the best runner.

8. The HARDEST runner will be our best RB. Not the fastest. Break/Miss tackles will be the key.

9. Our fastest WR will be our go to guy. Route running won't be a big deal. Every other WR will basically be decoys.

10. TE's won't be a deep threat. Short passes and then they have to bulldoze through.

11. We will run screens a ton.

12. Redzone scoring will be difficult for us. It's either QB run or hope for a great pass in endzone.

:no:

Last edited:
So much butt hurt in this thread...

"Oh noes a random poster stated his opinion, flame him! Flame him now!"

Reactions: 2 people
Quick thoughts after watching old Cincy games.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. We will be blitzing a ton. With a smaller d-line like Cincy had the d coord had to try and create pressure with blitz packages. That does not mean we will blitz as much

2. We should be able to defend screens very well. Based on what, if we blitz a ton we will get burned by screens because we will out of position to defend screens

3. QB's that are good with audibles will kill us. (Bama) SO we got a chance with QBs that have mediocre or bad audibles

4. Our secondary will still be terrible. No Comment

5. We will block at least 2 field goals. Don't see how you can deduce that by watching film[/I

]6. We will probably be blocked at least once. same as 5

7. The most ACCURATE thrower will win the starting job. NOT the best runner. If we run the zone read everything is based off the qb's ability to read and react. If he is slow but has a laser guided missle for an arm we will suck on offense

8. The HARDEST runner will be our best RB. Not the fastest. Break/Miss tackles will be the key. OK what offense are we running a zone read or 3 yards and a cloud of dust

9. Our fastest WR will be our go to guy. Route running won't be a big deal. Every other WR will basically be decoys. I have no idea what you are seeing, that is the biggest bush league statement I have seen in a while. This ain't pee wee ball where one fast kid can dominate its the damn SEC

10. TE's won't be a deep threat. Short passes and then they have to bulldoze through. TE's never I mean never have been a DEEP threat, ITs their job to go across the middle

11. We will run screens a ton. Again don't see how you get the offense playbook for UT 2013 by watching film

12. Redzone scoring will be difficult for us. It's either QB run or hope for a great pass in endzone. UH that completely goes against number 8 hoss. If we have a hard runner we should be very successful in the redzone. As long as we don't go out there with a slow qb with a arm like addonis and try to throw the ball to only speedy Gonzales and let the other four to five options run around as decoys, If that happens then were screwed.

martinez will be good for us...everyone's secondary looked crappy against that combo...plus it was cincy players against all-sec wider receivers and Rivera...the secondary will be as good as the players recruited to play in it...i think that sums it up for me.

you also haven't watched any other cincy games...their TE was a huge threat deep in the middle of the field. there...now i am done.

The quicker CBJ realizes he's in the SEC (which I think he will) and understand that D-lines, a hard-running RB and a smart QB (don't throw into triple coverage, read schemes at the line, etc.) are foundational elements of a winning program, the quicker we will regain our conference footing. If we try to "finesse" teams, we will be sorely disappointed. That stuff is great to keep defenses honest or on their heels occasionally, but rarely does a team win against top-tier SEC teams with that sole formula. If you score in 2 minutes, but leave your defense on the field for 9 while the other team marches down the field, but the 4th quarter....you're doomed.

Jones will use the big offensive line to his benefit. I don't think that he will change a lot of things that worked for us last year. He will put his own spin on things but I truly don't think we will see a complete spread offense. With the talent we have up front, I still think you will see the Vols line it up on 3rd and 3 and pound it up the gut. All that being said, I'm available to coach a football team if anyone is interested....lol

8. The HARDEST runner will be our best RB. Not the fastest. Break/Miss tackles will be the key.

9. Our fastest WR will be our go to guy. Route running won't be a big deal. Every other WR will basically be decoys.

10. TE's won't be a deep threat. Short passes and then they have to bulldoze through.

12. Redzone scoring will be difficult for us. It's either QB run or hope for a great pass in endzone.

After watching some Cincy game films, I am not sure I totally agree with your conclusions. However, there is one conclusion you overlooked.

Being able to count to eleven should not be a problem.

Reactions: 1 person
Are you also saying we're going to lose to Derek Dooley every year?

All coaches lose games, the real mark of a coach is what he gets the boys to do after the loss. Under Dooley, we rarely responded with fire after a loss, more often we played worse. Under Jones, Cincinnati went on a long win streak after they lost to us. Bodes well, imo.

10. TE's won't be a deep threat. Short passes and then they have to bulldoze through. TE's never I mean never have been a DEEP threat, ITs their job to go across the middle

[/I]

What the hell are you talking about here? This is so stupid my head hurts

Lot of speculation here. How can you judge our secondary by watching Cincy films?
All of that fieldgoal stuff is speculation.
If it is the hardest runner it might be Hill then.
Route running is a big deal and I think our passing game is going to be short, quick, easy throws to a variety of receivers. If we have a tall power forward type TE then we can go over the middle 10-20 yds. Too fast for LB's, too big for corners. When we get in the red zone we are going to run it down their throats behind the best OL in the SEC. That is my speculation on the things you brought up. :hi:

# 4-6 will probably have more to do with the athletes available than anything...unless he constantly has them out of position on D like Sal (which I highly doubt)

13. I like pizza

14. i like chicken pot pies and the red skittles,sometimes i think i like the blue ones,but i really think i like the yellow MandMs

15. Red Vines...especially the new sour version
Posted via VolNation Mobile

VN Store

Back