Random, Thoughts, X,XXIV

edit - nm, saw your reply to mal below

So you're missing an indicator of the number of notifications unread posts on VN?

I wish I did get those, even occasionally, but I don't. I do for other things, like a school gmail account that I access through Safari. But not VN. But I'm off in the Mac/iPhone universe, and who knows how it works there.

I was going to guess that maybe you had an adblocker on VN but not on your browser as a whole, but apparently not. 👀

I need help. I know, more than any of you are qualified to help me with. But this one particular issue I hope someone can offer a solution because I give up.

Right hand little square with 4. You all know what that is.

Why is it not there all of a sudden on VN (second screen shot)?

It was, but now it's not. I don't think I changed any settings. This is a new phone but it wasn't like that this morning, or last night.
View attachment 659345

View attachment 659344
is this an iphone? I don't use iphones but can I assume the "4" is the number of browser windows you have open?

Reactions: Behr
I have a Pixel. I don't usually use Chrome but just tried and mine shows the number of tabs in the top right. We might have to route this call to India for more help
As I said, it was fine last night I just now noticed it. I don't think I changed any settings this morning.

I can't post a gif now. This is so frustrating.

Reactions: theFallGuy
As I said, it was fine last night I just now noticed it. I don't think I changed any settings this morning.

I can't post a gif now. This is so frustrating.
I'm going to assume you have rebooted and also tried quitting and restarting the Chrome app. Have you made sure there isn't a software update available to run? Not saying that would fix it but maybe start there

Just realized it was working today when I posted the blah blah gif. I opened a new tab, googled the gif then reopened VN to post it. So something changed between then and now.

This is a screenshot on my tablet. See the little square with 1 and the + to the left? My phone was like that, now it's not.

Splain that Lucy.

Screenshot_20240716-133859.png

Just realized it was working today when I posted the blah blah gif. I opened a new tab, googled the gif then reopened VN to post it. So something changed between then and now.
the good news is we won't have to suffer from your GIFs anymore

oh chit

Reactions: Behr
I can still post them, but it'll be a pin if I want to search for a new one in a new tab.

That said, I will figure this out. Not as soon as I'd like because that time has already passed.

VN Store

Back