Rankings Pre-post season

If y'all got to hand-pick 1 team to not make it to the NCAA tournament from this group, who would you pick? I can't decide between the first 2.

LSU
Vandy
Florida
South Carolina
Alabama
Hand pick…then LSU…none of those others can really do anything regardless…plus LSU is the most successful so they can stay home…lol
You also can’t be wrong about Vandy either….that would be fun to see them sit out

I am ranking them by how good they actually are…not by metrics. 10-5 down the stretch proves they are the better team and they know how to win when it really matters. If they dug themselves too big of a hole then so be it. When answering honestly you know they are the most dangerous team and most capable of a run amongst those 5.
They are not dangerous lol. The results showed that on the field. They won 1 good series vs Texas A&M. Other than that they won 2/3 vs the 2 teams that aren’t even in the SECT and swept the 12 seed in the SECT. That is their only series wins of the season 😂

Reactions: chuckiepoo and txbo
If y'all got to hand-pick 1 team to not make it to the NCAA tournament from this group, who would you pick? I can't decide between the first 2.

LSU
Vandy
Florida
South Carolina
Alabama
LSU because they are the worst team of that group.

They are not dangerous lol. The results showed that on the field. They won 1 good series vs Texas A&M. Other than that they won 2/3 vs the 2 teams that aren’t even in the SECT and swept the 12 seed in the SECT. That is their only series wins of the season 😂
Ok man..think what you like…which of the others is so dangerous? Maybe Vandy? We will see tomorrow how all 5 fare with seasons on the line. Should be a good day of baseball.

If you want to go by most dangerous then that would actually be Florida. If they start somehow stringing some wins together they have a very talented team and I don’t think anyone would want to play them if they get hot.

Reactions: txbo
If you want to go by most dangerous then that would actually be Florida. If they start somehow stringing some wins together they have a very talented team and I don’t think anyone would want to play them if they get hot.
I do not like them since their second best player is out and their pitching is awful. That was a big blow to their lineup.

Reactions: VolPack22
I do not like them since their second best player is out and their pitching is awful. That was a big blow to their lineup.
Well they just scored 30 runs on Georgia over the weekend and took out one of the hottest teams in the country without him so I think that’s still pretty dangerous to me.

Reactions: chuckiepoo and txbo
I agree. Too much raw talent in that lineup.

Well they just scored 30 runs on Georgia over the weekend and took out one of the hottest teams in the country without him so I think that’s still pretty dangerous to me.
Told you…you didn’t want to bet me and lose though…damn…I needed a little Hoover spending money!

Baseball America (I’m going to talk more about this one)

View attachment 641967
Playa beat me to the punch.

At this point of the season, the only consistent team in the ACC is North Carolina. I do not have a problem with them at #3 as they've played better than Texas A&M in recent weeks and Arkansas has been somewhat exposed as a one dimensional team.

I complimented Baseball America early on in the season. They are based in Durham and have always been up the ACC's ass in their rankings. Maybe their old staff has now returned from a year long sabbatical and they are now going straight ACC again.

Wake Forest at 9 is the tip of the iceberg. That team is not even as one-dimensional as Arkansas. They have EXACTLY ONE quality series win - Clemson at home; (two if you count FSU) and then immediately tanked the next week at NC State like I somewhat laughingly predicted last week. You have to be smoking crack to think the Deacs with 19 losses are a top-10 team at this point. They lost a series to to dreadful Notre Dame.; The were swept decisively at home by UNC and lost 2 at home to Duke.

At least BA (#10) is more realistic about Clemson than D1 (#3) is. Simply put, NC State, Wake Forest, Florida State and Virginia are all 4-5 spots too high in the rankings. I don't have a problem with a team winning the ACC by 2 full games being in the top 5. UNC lost 3 early road series but have been rolling since. Maybe I would still put Texas A&M ahead of them but not Arkansas

I am ranking them by how good they actually are…not by metrics. 10-5 down the stretch proves they are the better team and they know how to win when it really matters. If they dug themselves too big of a hole then so be it. When answering honestly you know they are the most dangerous team and most capable of a run amongst those 5.
The only impressive wins in those 10 games were vs A&M at home. Which I do give them flowers for. Everyone else was either decent: Bama (who they went 1-2), or bad: every other team.

The only impressive wins in those 10 games were vs A&M at home. Which I do give them flowers for. Everyone else was either decent: Bama (who they went 1-2), or bad: every other team.
That’s sort of just how the Sec works and splitting hairs with teams with all the same record. Could also be said that LSU would have one extra win if they drew Vols at home and Florida and Vandy would have one less win if they had to play the Vols on the road. They all finished the same and all had more lows than highs. Even when it comes to head to head matchups it’s more of a when you play a team vs how good teams really are. I don’t think we would be dropping another series to Bama going forward.

That’s sort of just how the Sec works and splitting hairs with teams with all the same record. Could also be said that LSU would have one extra win if they drew Vols at home and Florida and Vandy would have one less win if they had to play the Vols on the road. They all finished the same and all had more lows than highs. Even when it comes to head to head matchups it’s more of a when you play a team vs how good teams really are. I don’t think we would be dropping another series to Bama going forward.
Yeah I thought about editing and adding “but they can only beat the teams on the schedule” after I posted that. I agree it’s splitting hairs with all of the teams with 13 wins. There’s things I like and dislike about each of them.

Yeah I thought about editing and adding “but they can only beat the teams on the schedule” after I posted that. I agree it’s splitting hairs with all of the teams with 13 wins. There’s things I like and dislike about each of them.
I just value what Lsu has done lately and prior success more than others it looks like. Just hard for me to imagine a team that still has players on it that knows what it takes to win a title not being able to find a way to navigate a regional. I don’t think any team outside of the top 5 would want to see LSU in their regional. Same could be said for all those teams though, Sec is as strong as ever.

VN Store

Back