Rankings Pre-post season

Remains a 2 seed. And I knew ECU would be paired against us.

This is what I mean by smoke and mirrors Q1 record which is the ONLY reason UK remains the top seed.

Q1.jpeg
EVERY one of the top teams they played had to go to Lexington for 12 games. (ALL GREEN). What are the odds of that happening? Louisville just became a Q1 victory as their RPI reached necessary threshold. Ole Miss counted as a Q1 victory for Kentucky but not Tennessee because UK played in Oxford. Tennessee only played 2 Q1 teams at home (Georgia and South Carolina) and 5 on the road with #15 neutral (Oklahoma)

So Kentucky's "gaudy" Q1 records was the result of a scheduling fluke as much as good play.

Nearly EVER metric favors Tennessee

HEAD-TO-HEAD.............2 | 1
Division Record.......14-4 | 13-5
SEC Series Records....9-1 | 8 -2
All Series Record......12-1 | 10-3
Q1 Records.................14-8 | 19-6
................... Home.........5-1 | 9-3
.......................Road........9-6 | 10-3 (against weaker opponents)
...................Neutral........1-0 | 0 -0
Q2 Records.................11-1 | 8-3
Q3 Records...................5-1 | 5-2
Q4 Records..................16-1 | 7-1

Tennessee's top RPI for was #3 Kentucky going 2-1 on road. | Kentucky's top RPI foe was #2 Arkansas going 2-1 at home.
Pitching...........................3.68 | 5.08 ERA
Hitting...............................316 | .294 BA
Fielding............................978 | .978 (tie)
Attendance...................4,914 | 2,256

Tennessee's neutral games were #15 Oklahoma (L) Texas Tech and Baylor. | better opponents than Kentucky's who were Kansas, Texas State and Washington State (L)

You see talk of resume being the reason UK has #1 seed. But that argument is laughable as Kentucky has practically lied on their resume. They don't speak a second language. They don't have forklift skills and they are not people persons.

Last edited:

That Oklahoma State regional would be brutal.

Also, the Georgia regional would host 3 of the top 14 home run hitting teams.

I would take our regional for sure. Georgia Tech hits for pretty high average with decent power, but nothing spectacular. Not sure what makes UCONN so good. They have a +5.00 ERA and don't hit for power or good average as a team.

I just value what Lsu has done lately and prior success more than others it looks like. Just hard for me to imagine a team that still has players on it that knows what it takes to win a title not being able to find a way to navigate a regional. I don’t think any team outside of the top 5 would want to see LSU in their regional. Same could be said for all those teams though, Sec is as strong as ever.
Just my opinion but they would not have won a title without Skenes. Nothing quite like having an automatic win in every round of the NCAAT and nearly every weekend of the SEC schedule. They only lost 3 games he pitched in all season and in those losses he only gave up 5 earned runs.

Just my opinion but they would not have won a title without Skenes. Nothing quite like having an automatic win in every round of the NCAAT and nearly every weekend of the SEC schedule. They only lost 3 games he pitched in all season and in those losses he only gave up 5 earned runs.
That’s not an opinion….thats a fact sir! Could you imagine if he came here. Could you imagine if we had Burns on team still and got to decide who we wanted to DH out of Amick and Denton. I know they both would probably never be on same roster but one can dream!

That’s not an opinion….thats a fact sir! Could you imagine if he came here. Could you imagine if we had Burns on team still and got to decide who we wanted to DH out of Amick and Denton. I know they both would probably never be on same roster but one can dream!
A pitching staff with Skenes, Burns, Dollander, Lindsey, Beam. My goodness that would have been one electric pitching staff. It wouldn’t be fair and probably would have set some kind of record for run differential. Vanderbilt and Arkansas fans would have been crying all season long lol

To me that’s the perfect scenario. I know a lot of people don’t care about the #1 curse, and I don’t either (wink wink), but I’m fine with not having that extra pressure. If we end up the #2 seed I’ll be one happy camper. Put that evil on Kentucky.

To me that’s the perfect scenario. I know a lot of people don’t care about the #1 curse, and I don’t either (wink wink), but I’m fine with not having that extra pressure. If we end up the #2 seed I’ll be one happy camper. Put that evil on Kentucky.
Knowing our luck, Kentucky would just go win the whole damn thing and then they would pound their chest about being the curse breakers.

This is what I mean by smoke and mirrors Q1 record which is the ONLY reason UK remains the top seed.

View attachment 641987
EVERY one of the top teams they played had to go to Lexington for 12 games. (ALL GREEN). What are the odds of that happening? Louisville just became a Q1 victory as their RPI reached necessary threshold. Ole Miss counted as a Q1 victory for Kentucky but not Tennessee because UK played in Oxford. Tennessee only played 2 Q1 teams at home (Georgia and South Carolina) and 5 on the road with #15 neutral (Oklahoma)

So Kentucky's "gaudy" Q1 records was the result of a scheduling fluke as much as good play.

Nearly EVER metric favors Tennessee

HEAD-TO-HEAD.............2 | 1
Division Record.......14-4 | 13-5
SEC Series Records....9-1 | 8 -2
All Series Record......12-1 | 10-3
Q1 Records.................14-8 | 19-6
................... Home.........5-1 | 9-3
.......................Road........9-6 | 10-3 (against weaker opponents)
...................Neutral........1-0 | 0 -0
Q2 Records.................11-1 | 8-3
Q3 Records...................5-1 | 5-2
Q4 Records..................16-1 | 7-1

Tennessee's top RPI for was #3 Kentucky going 2-1 on road. | Kentucky's top RPI foe was #2 Arkansas going 2-1 at home.
Pitching...........................3.68 | 5.08 ERA
Hitting...............................316 | .294 BA
Fielding............................978 | .978 (tie)
Attendance...................4,914 | 2,256

Tennessee's neutral games were #15 Oklahoma (L) Texas Tech and Baylor. | better opponents than Kentucky's who were Kansas, Texas State and Washington State (L)

You see talk of resume being the reason UK has #1 seed. But that argument is laughable as Kentucky has practically lied on their resume. They don't speak a second language. They don't have forklift skills and they are not people persons.
I have a hard time believing Kentucky gets the overall number 1 simply because they were 8-7 in the second half of the conference schedule.

I would take the D1 projections in a heartbeat

No SEC teams in the Super Regional Pod.
In fact the only SEC team we could meet in Omaha's first game would be South Carolina and they're a 3 seed in Clemson

The top seeds in that half of the Omaha bracket with SEC possible spoilers)

2- Tennessee.......................................................6- Clemson (SoCarolina#3)
16- East Carolina................................................11- NC State

7- Oklahoma (Alabama#2)..............................3- Texas A&M
10- Oregon State (Vanderbilt#3).................14- Indiana State (Miss State#2)

The drawback in that bracket half is that Oklahoma has won a game and Alabama has won a series. But only 1 of these teams could leave regional play.

I would take the D1 projections in a heartbeat

No SEC teams in the Super Regional Pod.
In fact the only SEC team we could meet in Omaha's first game would be South Carolina and they're a 3 seed in Clemson

The top seeds in that half of the Omaha bracket with SEC possible spoilers)

2- Tennessee.......................................................6- Clemson (SoCarolina#3)
16- East Carolina................................................11- NC State

7- Oklahoma (Alabama#2)..............................3- Texas A&M
10- Oregon State (Vanderbilt#3).................14- Indiana State (Miss State#2)

The drawback in that bracket half is that Oklahoma has won a game and Alabama has won a series. But only 1 of these teams could leave regional play.
I agree. Would much rather play the Norman/Corvallis super winner over the Athens/Tallahassee super winner. Those regions are stacked.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
As of right now I’m not sure any of those teams is fully out or fully in. Lsu is 10-5 in the last half of the Sec schedule…everybody knows they actually belong…whether they get there or not remains to be seen. If they beat UGA then I bet they win at least one more against another top team in Hoover…would be hard to keep them out. Probably cheering for Vandy to beat Florida tomorrow as they feel similar to LSU in some ways in making a Hoover push.

I think Bama might be the worst of those 5 teams as well if we were all just ranking teams by who we think is better. They may actually sit in a better spot than the other 4 though. LSU and Carolina having to play the Mighty Vols on the road really hurt them…dont you love being that team!!! I would probably rank those 5 like this if all things were equal..

1.LSU
2.Vandy
3a.Florida
3b.Carolina
5.Bama
@VolPack22 @fryeguy93

Hmmmmmm……

RPI

Tennessee remains 4th.

1) Kentucky...........................31 pts ahead
2) Texas A&M.......................28 pts ahead
3) North Carolina................21 pts ahead
4) Tennessee...................--
5) Arkansas .........................-21 points behind
6) Georgia ...........................-107 points behind

Tonight, any of the top four teams could find themselves at #1.

Kentucky would lose 34 points with a loss to South Carolina. SC won the prior series but are on game #4 compared to game #3 for UK . I'm not sure who is starting for either.

North Carolina would lost 34 points with a loss to Wake but would gain 20 with a win. The Heels are facing a big task as the Deacs are starting Chase Burns in his regular rotation spot.

Texas A&M and Arkansas have no games so they have no direct part of their rankings for rest of weekend.

A Tennessee win over Miss. state would give Tennessee 16 points and a loss -34 and would allow Arkansas to move back to 4th

There is a big gap between #5 Arkansas and #6 Georgia so the Vols will not fall past #5 not matter what happens. The Vols started the week at #5.

Clemson sits at 7th- 27 points behind UGA. But would only gain 10 pts with a Louisville win this afternoon. So UGA is secure at #6 for at least today.

I’m with you. Screw that curse. Someone has to break it at some point.
It’s not even a curse…half the time that isn’t even the best team anyway. People feed into crap way too much. Would people not be happy with a final four or national title game appearance as well. This just isn’t the sport you can sit back and expect championships in. Hopefully they come but this program is exactly where we want
it to be!

VN Store

Back