Reactions to Vols Living Outside Vol Country

Was the bar in Frisco?……that's where the rowdy bunch I used to watch with in Lewisville congregate from what I hear...that championship season got us kicked out of Joe Avezzano' s fine establishment...No sitting on hands with that bunch!:clapping::crazy::clapping::rock::rock::

No, it was somewhere on the west side of Dallas, east of the airport, I'm wanting to say at the Walnut Hill LN exit?

Maybe it was Pugsley's Library and maybe it aint even open any more.

I dare say that most grads of UT, or any school, aren't as "in-your-face" with colors, etc. as non-grads. You can, indeed, wear too much color to the point of being obnoxious. I had an old neighbor who wore orange from head-to-toe every Sat. here in Atl. Never went to games, just dressed up. The entire neighborhood made fun of him. His kids were ridiculed at school for wearing orange all the time. You can overdo to the point of being just a clown. JMHO.

He is a VFL......shut ur mouth dog.

This isn't about living outside of Vol Country, but a few years ago, I went on Spring break and met a couple guys from Rio de Janeiro down in PCB. Me and my friends taught them Rocky Top and we went around singing it in the middle of a bunch of SEC schools. It was great.

I know, I know, cool story bro.

Reactions: 2 people
No, it was somewhere on the west side of Dallas, east of the airport, I'm wanting to say at the Walnut Hill LN exit?

Maybe it was Pugsley's Library and maybe it aint even open any more.

Yeah they shut that down...it was a movie theater that they converted into a sports bar...should have worked but you would have part of the group in a room and late arrivers would be left out at tables...didn't like the atmosphere there either..and that's the same bunch from Lewisville...they're at 3rd Base in Frisco now so I'm going to give it a shot this fall
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Reactions: 1 person
I live in South Mississippi and all I hear when I wear my vols hat is roll tide.

Mississippi is the only state that wishes it was Alabama. I use to go to Hattiesburg and the coast for work. You would think people would have some state pride, and some do, but the majority I found were bandwagon bammers.

Here in Mobile/ Eastern Shore there are a lot more VOLS fans than some would think. I recently ran a 10K and had to shake a man's hand for wearing UT cap, shirt and shorts.

Reactions: 3 people
I live in SC. I always wait until I cross into NC on the way to games to change into UT fan attire. I don't want anyone to think it is Clemson!

When I wear UT stuff (including on my car) around the area, I can feel their envy and jealousy. They wish ...

I now live in Alabama close to Auburn and the Auburn fans are Okay with the Tennessee gear but the Bama fans are terrible. All you have to do is mention Phil Fulmer's name and they completely shut up.

Could someone define the Vol Country borders?

I believe Vol Country is the vanishing point in all directions centered around wherever I am standing. As it should be for anyone whose blood runs orange. To paraphrase Satan in Milton's Paradise Lost: I myself am Vol Country.

Have lived in Iowa City, IA and Charlottesville,VA and received absolutely no negative feedback about Vols gear. However, those fan bases are not quite as rabid as the top SEC programs, to say the least. On UVA's campus you can walk around in the gear of any ACC rival and no one will even blink. At Iowa, you have less slack. Go to a wrestling match there and it matches the fan intensity of Neyland (on a much smaller scale of course).

Wore a Hawkeye shirt in Madison, WI once and caught a saucy, but good-natured, comment from a Badger fan. They had absolutely owned Iowa for a few years prior. More impressed than insulted, really, though. This is how it should be.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
I now live in Alabama close to Auburn and the Auburn fans are Okay with the Tennessee gear but the Bama fans are terrible. All you have to do is mention Phil Fulmer's name and they completely shut up.

Phil Fulmer's name is a powerful laxative to the average Bama fan.

Last edited:
Dont be a billboard...it looks stupid

Seen some folks go shirtless with team color body paint covering them. Seem some folks spend huge bucks to have a vehicle painted and otherwise decorated to show support of their team. Seen some folks paint their faces dual colors to show support for their team. And all that's just the milder stuff I've seen. Now, I don't go that far. ONCE, I dressed in all orange for game day and somehow in your book that was a mortal sin. So what gives you the authority to tell someone else how to dress on game day? Don't answer, I already know. You have a god-complex. So guess what I'm going to do? Dress in all orange again next time I go down for a game cause I don't accept you as my god. So in addition to showing support for my Vols, it's an overt act of defiance of your self-made religion. RockyTop forever!!!!!!!! Feel better?

Last edited:

What do you want to talk about? That he was own by Florida while often having the more talented team? That if Tennessee kept the dough-boy, he would have 6 more Alabama losses on his resume and counting?

See, finding an BAMA fan, willing to give you a personal opinion about the great pumpkin really ain't as hard as you make it out to be.

What do you want to talk about? That he was own by Florida while often having the more talented team? That if Tennessee kept the dough-boy, he would have 6 more Alabama losses on his resume and counting?

See, finding an BAMA fan, willing to give you a personal opinion about the great pumpkin really ain't as hard as you make it out to be.
Coach Fulmer is also the only coach to ever beat Alabammer seven times in a row.

I dare say that most grads of UT, or any school, aren't as "in-your-face" with colors, etc. as non-grads. You can, indeed, wear too much color to the point of being obnoxious. I had an old neighbor who wore orange from head-to-toe every Sat. here in Atl. Never went to games, just dressed up. The entire neighborhood made fun of him. His kids were ridiculed at school for wearing orange all the time. You can overdo to the point of being just a clown. JMHO.
Or you can do what you want and if you annoy some leg humpers then that's just a bonus.

Auburn's cool. I think all the straight people from Bama go there while the pole lovers go to Tuscaloser.

TOS, of course. We folks in our fifties (for another year and a half, anyway) acknowledge just one real Star Trek. :rock:

:hi: DS9 is probably my favorite (loved the continuous/complicated plotlines of the Dominion War) but I like 'em all.

What do you think of the new movies? Yay or nay?

Or you can do what you want and if you annoy some leg humpers then that's just a bonus.

I think either way is fine but I'd reserve lots of orange for game days only. Otherwise you look like you're going to a costume party rather than just sporting your colors.

Our orange is bright and very identifiable because the color is unique to us. You don't have to dress from head to toe to get noticed. I've been recognized by a lanyard as well as by black beach/shower shoes that have an orange power T on them.

Mississippi is the only state that wishes it was Alabama. I use to go to Hattiesburg and the coast for work. You would think people would have some state pride, and some do, but the majority I found were bandwagon bammers.

Here in Mobile/ Eastern Shore there are a lot more VOLS fans than some would think. I recently ran a 10K and had to shake a man's hand for wearing UT cap, shirt and shorts.

Yep. I live down in Hattiesburg and that is absolutely correct!

I'm on an annual Spring Fling out west (42nd annual with old buddies) and two nights ago I'm in a small bar in the Sierra Nevada mountains. Guy sees my UT cap and windbreaker and introduces himself. Fella named Mike Lincoln, originally from Sacramento, then played baseball at UT and had a nice career in the bigs as a middle reliever and recently opened Lincoln's Sports Bar in Oak Ridge. I never had to buy a drink. Good guy.

Tonight I returned to Reno -- I fly out early in the morning. Again, wearing a UT shirt, a blackjack dealer says his dream is to take a month some fall and take in four SEC games. He definitely wants Neyland to be one of his stops. Loves watching the Vols on TV, even thought he has no connection.

Stuff like that often seems to happen.

VN Store

Back