Realistic Expectations for Florida

voladdiction

I casually watched Florida's first two games against Toledo and Miami (flipping back and forth to them).

Here's what I think.

It's silly to think Florida sux. They have a solid defense - one that could give our struggling offense great difficulty.

Driskel is better than people think. He threw for something like 291 yards against Miami (and completed something like 22 of 31 passes, if I remember correctly).

They had a 100+ yards receiver against Miami (Patton?)

What CBJ said at the beginning of the season applies to this game: We are a team that can afford very, very, very few mistakes, if we're going to win.

One hopeful note: Florida is mistake prone.
20 penalties for 140 yards.
They turn the ball over - 5 times against Miami.

We gotta play disciplined, opportunistic ball to have a chance against the Gators.

Reactions: 7 people
If we come out against FLA with today's game. We will loose. No doubt about it.
Just an observation.

As much as I'd like for FL's streak to end I just don't think we can get it done down in Gainesville

The game being on CBS almost guarantees a loss... almost.. 1998,2001,2003,2004 are the only exceptions.

Reactions: 1 person
Depending on the kind of offense and defense that we saw today, I am expecting a 6-6 season and bowl game

Austin Peay W
W Kentucky W
Oregon L
Florida L
South Alabama W
Georgia L
South Carolina L
Alabama L
Missouri W
Auburn L
Vanderbilt W
Kentucky W

I just hope that we are able to improve and defeat one of either of FLA, GA, AL, SC, AU ....

Reactions: 2 people
Depending on the kind of offense and defense that we saw today, I am expecting a 6-6 season and bowl game

Austin Peay W
W Kentucky W
Oregon L
Florida L
South Alabama W
Georgia L
South Carolina L
Alabama Li
Missouri W
Auburn L
Vanderbilt W
Kentucky W

I just hope that we are able to improve and defeat one of either of FLA, GA, AL, SC, AU ....

Wont happen, offense is Terrible... Great offensive minds at work tho

More worried about the D though. the way in which every OR drive almost every play a receiver was wide open... i mean the longest they took to score a TD was like 2:13... it is just ridiculous to think that the coverage was blown so many times. Not to mention no pressure at all from the front 7....

There have been so many times that we have said this is the year. Last year this game was especially hyped in our favor and we see how that turned our. God willing maybe this is the year that the sun shines on the dogs ass and we get it done.

Reactions: 4 people
the last time:

2004 Florida at Tennessee (2nd Half) CBS - YouTube

pretty sure they weren't even using HD broadcasts then :no:

Ah !!! This is the first ever game of American football that i saw... had just landed in the US a month before this game. Will never forget the experience.

Had trouble spotting the ball... had no idea what the hell was happening on the field.
Hope we get 'm this time...

Reactions: 3 people
Ah !!! This is the first ever game of American football that i saw... had just landed in the US a month before this game. Will never forget the experience.

Had trouble spotting the ball... had no idea what the hell was happening on the field.
Hope we get 'm this time...

You.....

Austin Peay W
W Kentucky W
Oregon L
Florida L
South Alabama W
Georgia L
South Carolina L
Alabama L
Missouri W
Auburn L
Vanderbilt W
Kentucky W

Hard for me to see us beating Candy at this point. Can't believe I just typed that. I really think 5 and 7.

Reactions: 4 people

VN Store

Back