Realistic Expectations for Florida

that's just coach speak to pump up the opponent. muschamp doesn't believe that.

I don't know - I could see if it was just him saying it, but all of our defensive players are saying UT's O line was the best they faced last year. They say UT plays with a lot of toughness and discipline, and that there will be a lot of your guys in the NFL.

I'm glad you aren't bringing a Jamal Lewis or Travis Henry to run behind this line. Regardless, I'm kind of getting nervous about your more veteran, accomplished line blowing open holes in our D line. Let's not forget that stat about the team who rushes more in this series usually gets the win. I hope our D line is ready for a war, because it sounds like the Vols O line can dominate a game.

I thought UT's o-line was better at pass blocking than run blocking, at least I hope that's the case considering Worley's issues.

I realistically expect a one possession game. Leaning towards UF though. We are much better suited for a low scoring grinding game against an avg offense and great defense than the other way around.

Last year, the only time that Driskell wasn't running all over us was when he was throwing all over us. He wasn't the only QB to punch the ticket on our defense, but I just don't buy this story about him being a bad QB. Our team had better goto Gainesville ready to play.

I thought UT's o-line was better at pass blocking than run blocking, at least I hope that's the case considering Worley's issues.

At this point, they're not very good at either. What was supposed to be a major strength, at this point, simply is not.

It's a ten page thread genius, so obviously someone cares.

Thanks again for responding to something you claim not to care about.

Use the ignore feature of you don't care. It's clear you don't speak for the majority.

wow a 10 page thread on former FL Qb's.. oh wait.. no its not.

Florida fans are such babies. Seriously, UF loses one game, with 5 turnovers, and tons of bad luck, and all of the sudden, UF has no offense.

UF had over 400 yards of offense.

They almost had 2 100 yard receivers (98 yards for 2nd guy).

They dominated time of possession and outgained Miami on the ground 122-50.

Miami only had about 60 yards of offense in the final 3 quarters of the game.

On Saturday, the only team that can beat UF is, well, UF. UT shouldn't be able to play with them, especially offense vs. defense.

Florida is also about 95% healthy coming off of the bye week.

Unless Florida has a repeat of Miami (multiple turnovers, insane red zone ineptitude, really bad luck critical penalties, etc.) then UF should win the game. UT just isn't there yet.

Just my 2 cents.

VN Store

Back