Realistic Expectations for Florida

Better be ready for their running QB and Burton. That is their offense. Sounds simple.

Last edited:
I know the game of football bro lol. And I'm not putting words in your mouth. I've been cheering on the vols the last 14 yrs and been through highs and lows. It's going to suck for awhile but all we can do is strap in for the ride and hope the dark clouds go away soon and nice sunny days return for this prideful fanbase and program :)

Good point on UF's offense. We moved the ball consistently between the 20s against Miami, then imploded in the red zone. After it was clear Toledo couldn't move the ball we ran the ball on just about every play.

I haven't watched the UT-Oregon game yet. It's on the DVR and I'll get to it at some point. I watched the WKU game, and I couldn't get a good read on Worley because the game got out of hand so quickly.

Kick a fg or two and you should be fine unless you give it to UT in the red zone. Then you ll need 3 fgs.

nope burton's still there. goodness he must 65 by now he's been there for years. well this just means we won't be draining the swamp without some speed to stop this turd.

Reactions: 2 people
no matter the outcome Driskel is terrible..just like every QB from Florida for the past 20 years.

Tennessee players will be furious after that oregon beatdown---hopefully fla is flat and overconfident, expecting an easy win

Reactions: 1 person
As much as I'd like for FL's streak to end I just don't think we can get it done down in Gainesville

We couldn't get it done in Knoxville last year with our "potent" offense. I am sure it will be interesting to say the least. I am optimistic and hopeful. go vols.

There are a couple of heisman winners during that time period.

Considering UF only has one starting QB in the past 20 years with a losing record against UT, you sir just got trolled really hard.

Danny Wuerffel (93, 95, 96) 3-0
Terry Dean (94) 1-0
Doug Johnson (97-99) 2-1
Jesse Palmer (00) 1-0
Rex Grossman (01, 02) 1-1
Ingle Martin (03) 0-1
Chris Leak (04-06) 2-1
Tim Tebow (07-09) 3-0
John Brantley (10, 11) 2-0
Jeff Driskel (12) 1-0

Last edited:
The QB play must improve. If we can't pass the ball down the field we stand no chance.

def needs to make Driskel uncomfortable in the pocket so he presses giving some int chances.

And for goodness sakes if Burton lines up at QB play the run! If I see both safeties 20 yards back the TV goes off and I am going for a ride..

Well, maybe with 95 percent of us expecting a loss, maybe we get shocked by our guys. Here's hoping.

I think the defense simply was not ready for the very fast up-tempo offense that OU runs. They have been running that for something like 5 or 6 years, so they are very good at it, and our D simply is not ready for that kind of reaction. Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think Florida runs that kind of offense, and if they do, they are nowhere near that good at it, so I think the defense will perform better. Offense still concerns me though. I think we will be reasonably competitive, but not sure if it will be enough for a win, especially at their field after their open date. Here's hoping, Go Vols.

VN Store

Back