Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've been playing backups on defense for 2 or 3 drives. Offensive backups didn't get many reps today, but defense certainly has.

This has been a totally sloppy effort. 100%. I don't put it 100% on Joe though. He wasn't crisp on the intermediate throws, but there were unacceptable drops. The receivers HAVE to be better.

My biggest gripe with Joe thus far is not keeping it more, especially on read options in short yardage situations. Multiple times on 3rd and short the running back gets blown up where he could keep it and get the 1st.

There was almost no way the offense would go as good as it did last year. I expected more of a rushing attack with deep shots mixed in and that's more or less what we've gotten.

Reactions: Devo182 and jave36
Sorry you don’t like facts. 7 sacks 14 TFL’s. They had 150 total yards before the past 2 drives when we started rotating in back ups
Defense of s not the problem. Honestly I can write the bad offense off to looking ahead, playing down, etc...

Special teams is what's going to lose us a close game or two

I’m personally good with that

We lost a lot of production and we just need to put together consecutive winning seasons

We aren’t Bama level by any stretch yet
Look around the CFB landscape today and try again. Week 2, delays, still working out the timing all over the country today. Doesn't mean we're going to automatically wash the season away and hope for next year. Overaction at its finest.

I never felt good about that game - always had it as a likely loss in my initial 9-3 expectation (now 7-5).

We will be doing really well to win down there
True. I’m glad to see SC, KY, Mizz, and Vandy not being very good. SEC seems down this year. I could live with 9-3 with Milton. All that talent, but the mental is the biggest thing.

Look around the CFB landscape today and try again. Week 2, delays, still working out the timing all over the country today. Doesn't mean we're going to automatically wash the season away and hope for next year. Overaction at its finest.

I’m not saying we will go 3-9 and fire Heupel

I think my reaction is a level-headed, down the middle of the fairway assessment

I’m now thinking this is more like a 7-5 or 8-4 team, which isn’t bad in my mind.

Just gotta play competent ball, get to a bowl and move on to the Nico era.
You'll have to actually find the 5 losses on the schedule.

We would have to lose to 3 out of 5 of TAMU, Florida, Mizzou, South Carolina, and Kentucky.

People can Eeyore all they want in here tonight, I don't think anyone truly thinks we will lose to 3 out of those 5 teams. All five of those teams have major problems.

8-4 remains the absolute floor IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back