Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never understand why people on this board were laughing about how we were going to go into the Swamp and “kill” Florida after the Utah game. We haven’t won down there since 2003 and this team clearly has a lot of issues. Next week is going to be a dog fight and if this offense shows up again we lose by 20.
I dont think UF can score more than 30ish on us.

Reactions: knoxvol52
I never understand why people on this board were laughing about how we were going to go into the Swamp and “kill” Florida after the Utah game. We haven’t won down there since 2003 and this team clearly has a lot of issues. Next week is going to be a dog fight and if this offense shows up again we lose by 20.
That's why I never judge teams until at least week 4. Teams get better as the year goes. Week 1 is always a toss up for the most part.

Well, I actually could see Tennessee losing three of those games if they play like tonight (and for stretches of the game against UVA)

Doesn’t seem out of the realm of possibility
I mean I don't disagree, exactly. But why would you think they would?

This isn't a team of unknowns. To win 11 games this year, we literally don't need a single player to play to a level they haven't played to before.

We've seen Milton be reasonably accurate, and we've seen the WR corps minus Thornton play without dousing their hands in industrial lubricant. They just need to play like they have played before multiple times.

Reactions: SmokinBob
Aside from a few players, we came out flat and like we didn't care. We can criticize individual efforts or point the finger at QB but honestly this wasn't a game where the passing game was the only problem. AP showed up to play and we showed up to be coronated. That's probably the biggest difference, imo.

We were just off....a lot off granted but still, we won. Was our VOLS a team looking ahead to next week.....maybe, but it could be a good lesson for them in the future. We only need to worry about the team we are playing today and not the one next week. GO VOLS !!!!

Ah Ha Idea GIF - Ah Ha Idea Eureka - Discover & Share GIFs.gif

The real alarming thing to me has been the slow starts… huepel’s first two seasons we started fast and played great the first quarter/half no matter who we played

This happened in 2016 as well… 2015 we always started the games great and then choked… 2016 we always started games terrible

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back