Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Milroe will be Sr. Clipboard Holder when we play Bama.

He's got raw talent. But Saban explicitly just wants someone who will manage the game and take care of the ball and it isn't him.

Reactions: VolNash17
Also, I think the defense alignment is making our offense hand off the ball.

Playing a lot of man and the smart play is to run so we do.

The vertical shots are not there and we are comfortable running the ball.

I would imagine we see a lot of running at UF next weekend. They will absolutely try and take away the deep pass.

My comments for the game.

We did not play with any passion. Zilch. Zero. Nada.

After tonight, we don't have the right to criticize anyone else. Austin Peay came into Neyland and punched us in the mouth.

Our OL was bad tonight.

Gonna have to do a lot better if we hope to beat the gators in the swamp.

I would imagine we see a lot of running at UF next weekend. They will absolutely try and take away the deep pass.
I see it the opposite way. I think deep shots will be there because they will play more man with corners on an island.

Reactions: SpringBokVol
Says more about the backups if Milroe is starting
Eh, maybe. It isn't an exact science. No one in the 865 area code thought Hendon Hooker was the guy, and yet he was.

Not that I think Ty Simpson is that guy. I absolutely don't. But maybe they do think he is less likely to throw the game away like that.

100%, that’s also why we saw more short passes/screens today. Especially because we have no consistency over the middle

Pretty confident we see at least 1 big pass play next week tho. Gonna see a fake screen for a long pass down the sideline

I love the Vols and I'm disappointed in how we played, but. . . I remember what losing to a team like this feels like as a fan and how I would've given anything to have won that game. I'm gonna be happy with 2-0 and have faith that what we saw tonight is an anomaly and next week we'll resemble the team we know we can be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back