Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I have been most surprised about is how we are not able to motion into favorable matchups for our slot WR on a safety or LB.

We were so good at that last year and not that "gimmick" seems to have been figured out.

Or we aren't doing it much yet.

My observation...for what it's worth...which is nothing.

Defense played great...for the most part. Acouple of snafus, but overall great.

Freakin Beasley! Wow!

Offense was actually still pretty vanilla. Running game was definitely on point. Passing game....meh.

Not just Joe's fault though. Plenty of blame to go around there. Wr's have to catch the stinking ball too.

Should we have won by more? Sure.
Was CJH calling plays to beat the spread? I don't think so.

We left the field with a win. Austin Peay gets to leave feeling good about themselves and we can now unleash the playback against Florida.

What I have been most surprised about is how we are not able to motion into favorable matchups for our slot WR on a safety or LB.

We were so good at that last year and not that "gimmick" seems to have been figured out.

Offense has been pretty vanilla. Real questions will be answered next Saturday night in Gainesville

We haven’t done it as much, but teams are also running man against us more

Reactions: SpringBokVol

We are quite clearly not doing a lot of concepts on offense.

We won't know what kind of team we have until next week.

Do we see other teams going for broke against us, using all their TO's before emd of the 3rd quarter?

It was only to disrupt our flow, me thinks.

What I imagined.

It must be opening something up. We have to take and hit middle routes if that's their plan.

Our whole scheme is unbeatable. But only if we take advantage of what the defense must allow us by definition. If we don't take advantage, then we might as well be playing any other offense.

Reactions: Nash_Vol97
I think you are right.

He has a half at UF to make some noise or I think we see the Nico experiment.
Yup. At minimum if he struggles and we are down at half you gotta think Huepel starts thinking about putting in Nico. Another bad drive or 2 to start the second half and we see Nico imo

But I’m not sold on Milton being terrible yet. Next week will say a lot

Reactions: SpringBokVol
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back