Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
For whatever it's worth VQ guys said the staff is pissed about the lack of calls or fair officiating
A few posters on here.

please-disperse.gif

A boxing match is inherently different. The intent of the contest is to strike and do damage to the other participant.

In a baseball game you can’t hit someone with your bat and claim “consent” to the dangers of the game.
i would add that being a professional hockey player, that you would know the gear, specifically the skates are knives. Know the rules, one of which is NOT to do a midnight express into your opponents jugular.

A boxing match is inherently different. The intent of the contest is to strike and do damage to the other participant.

In a baseball game you can’t hit someone with your bat and claim “consent” to the dangers of the game.
Does anyone remember when Ray Mancini boxed the Korean boxer ?.....they beat the hell out of each other for 14 rounds I believe and a few hours later the Korean died due to injuries from the fight...brain trauma...

Does anyone remember when Ray Mancini boxed the Korean boxer ?.....they beat the hell out of each other for 14 rounds I believe and a few hours later the Korean died due to injuries from the fight...brain trauma...
More I think about it. The two situations are a lot alike.

Why do you get upset with the word "vast" when I just basically agreed the refs are against us? Does it really matter why? Knowing the why doesn't change the fact they are. Or do you just enjoy arguing about everything?
Somebody earlier today or yesterday used the same term "vast conspiracy" to basically mock us true disbelievers, and it got stuck in my craw....plus I had a long rough day yesterday (3 am start and especially painful) and I was feeling especially crusty at that moment...I actually fell asleep a few minutes after those last few posts and just woke up wide awake and saw this...sorry you got caught in the pissed off crossfire...you're right...it didn't make any sense.

That being said...I don't believe it is a very intricate or vast(whatever that means)conspiracy....I think it is as simple as the SEC office appointing crews to our games that they KNOW will call it crooked against us because there are guys in it they know have bias, and therefore they don't need to be "told" what to do....more of a wink and a nod thing...those guys become emboldened to then keep going further and further with obvious bias because there are no repercussions, no reprimands for their crookedness....they "know" what they are there for and they take pleasure in it.

The SEC scum gets what they want (the reason or reasons do not matter) and the crooked crews get what they want (to screw us over and over again with no repercussions)...simple and not intricate at all.

Ball spots are probably the most egregious and obvious calls showing these guys can't see **** from 20 yards away in real-time. I had to watch this same crap 20 times a game where they were 1+ full yard completely off. They're basically just guessing...and we would be too in their spot. But the difference in a 3rd and 3 vs 3rd and 1 can change entire games. It's stupid.

AT LEAST let sensors and tech help spot the damn ball. It's like balls and strikes in baseball.
Is it though?...if you put a sensor in the ball, all it can do is tell you where the ball went...it can not tell you things like where the ball carriers knee, elbows...whatever..hit the ground, and in heavy traffic a good view of that is not always possible either.

How about these guys just do better...I've seen good unbiased officials do a very good job many times before...it can and should be done.

i would add that being a professional hockey player, that you would know the gear, specifically the skates are knives. Know the rules, one of which is NOT to do a midnight express into your opponents jugular.
I wish I would not have gone down the rabbit hole and watched that along with the other videos showing this man's skate toward the bench. Disturbing stuff.

On a side note I grew up with the sons of a former player at this level, he came to Nashville years ago to help coach the South Stars...... Remember them?

I messaged these two friends who are brothers.... One said without a doubt intentional.... The other didn't go that far but stated if it wasn't intentional it was so careless guys shouldn't want any part of skating with him. Said this guy's career is already over with either way.

In all seriousness, that reddit post is top notch PR but it doesn't jibe with the video. I don't doubt that Petgrave didn't intend Johnson to be killed or even badly harmed but Johnson still wound up dead because of the actions Petgrave took. You can be a decent, caring, human being and still wind up at fault for someone else's death. That's how fragile life is and why thinking about your actions matters.
I really don't see how you keep saying he didn't mean to "badly harm" him...that kick was with ferocious intent....he obviously didn't put a lot more than one vicious thought into it in that small deadly moment...but it was vicious.

I don't think he meant to kill him...but he definitely meant to badly harm him and the proof is right there to plainly see.

Reactions: drvenner
Reactions: Orange.
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back