Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
We continue to get less trick or treaters post Covid. Pre-Covid years we’d get about 100 kids. Now it’s dwindled down to the 30s. Maybe kids have aged out around us. What, if any, changes have you seen around your neighborhood?

Reactions: Glitch and StoVol
We continue to get less trick or treaters post Covid. Pre-Covid years we’d get about 100 kids. Now it’s dwindled down to the 30s. Maybe kids have aged out around us. What, if any, changes have you seen around your neighborhood?

We used to get a lot until they started the "Trunk or Treat" stuff. We get zero kids now.

Crazy how Georgia and Michigan were #2 and #3 in poll ...with horrible SOS....

SOS hasn't mattered since BCS days and even then they watered it down. Fans get caught up in it but the truth is that you can play no one and as long as you beat them all and have a p5 conference behind you - you're in.

I will not set unrealistic expectations from exhibition games

**** 💩

**** 💩
Well, I can't help myself. Like I said in the BBF,

Hot take: This will be the 3rd UT team that is ranked #1 in the AP poll, sometime during the season

I live in east Nashville and haven’t had trick or treaters in 3 years. Wild really

You don't understand. Where I live Halloween isn't like other places. We get hordes. The entire freaking city comes to our house because of the neigbhorhood. I've tried to explain this to people but until they see it for themselves they don't get it. We will get 1000s.
If it annoys you so much....just turn off the lights and ignore the little bastaches 🤷‍♂️ I wouldn't blame you...😁

I've lived in this house for 8 years now....and we have never got one trick-or-treater despite being lit up and decorated....we used to buy a ton of candy just in case, and finally stopped doing that 4-5 years ago. It's funny because the lazy turds don't wanna have to go out of their way to come back here to the house, but if just one of them ever did they would have racked up before we just gave up on it.

damn this might actually be our year in basketball

I think so GFW. This team is as deep as any team Barnes has ever coached, not just at Tennessee but at Texas, too. We upgraded big-time in the portal with Knecht and Gainey and guys like Awaka, Mashack, and Aidoo are improving, too. We might take a dip in defensive efficiency, but we're going to be a FUN offense to watch this year.

Can't wait for next Monday. We're going to win a lot of games this year.

SOS hasn't mattered since BCS days and even then they watered it down. Fans get caught up in it but the truth is that you can play no one and as long as you beat them all and have a p5 conference behind you - you're in.
That's why Kirby backed out of playing Oklahoma this year, but told Sankey to make the announcement himself so it would look as if GA were not allowed to play. But there was no issue about GA traveling to Norman. That was completely misrepresented. The issue was that GA could play at OK, but there could not be a return trip before the new schedule started next year. But Oklahoma will come to Athens, anyway, if everyone plays everyone, home and away, under the new schedule. Just send them right off the bat. No problem. Or rather, fake "problem."

Plus, what's up with the sudden posturing about the sanctity of return visits? Sankey "forgot" to ever schedule GA at TAMU. As the only team in the East who has never traveled to College Station, GA was "supposed" to go there last year. And, since Sankey "forgot" last year 😂, GA should have played at TAMU this year. Instead, the rotation just started over from the top, omitting GA altogether, and sending the East teams who have previously travelled to College Station back for another visit in GA's place.

Last edited:
Blog post on 10/26. Tweeted on 10/27.

Still no story out there…
Did the story ever drop?
I went back a few days here and came across something. Weiss (as a reminder) is Harbaugh's assistant OC who took the fall for some never disclosed (covered up) misuse of a university computer back in February. The WaPo article may be suggesting that Weiss was one of the "coaches" (now plural) that ran computers for the signal-stealing. Idk. That may have been something even worse, for all we have been permitted to know at present.

The blog post I quoted yesterday may have been a wannabe who repackaged this news.

Does anyone have a WaPo subscription? I would like to know what that said.

I continue to suspect that the networks, the B1G, and the SEC are seeing to it that the story is limited to what happened within the B1G. The part of the story that touches on us (and others outside the B1G) would make it plain that the composition of last year's playoffs was perhaps altered successfully by Michigan's scheme.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back