Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have we already paid Austin Peay?

I’m guessing there was a contract in place. Withhold payment for breach, make something up. I don’t care.

Make Austin Peay sue, and expend capital, to get their money.

And never, ever schedule them (pay them) again. And let it be known.

I think as long as Austin Peay and UT-Martin has their respective coaches, we should not play them going forward. It sucks, because I want to keep money in state. But if you’re going to play dirty and come in with antics, you’re not worthy of being paid.

Trevor Lawrence with Calvin Ridley (you know, he's got somebody in his family making bets for him) are going to be a problem for you Titans fans

Reactions: knoxvol52
Something does, but Tucker has done nothing to help himself. He put himself in the situation. I think he is done, though.
I'm not so sure. Does cheating on your wife constitute "for cause" dismissal? If that's the case they'd have to prove they've fired everyone for cheating on their staff. This smells of blackmail to me. A good lawyer will make the case that it was consensual. She admits staying on the phone with him while he did his business. Describing the sound as "gross". Then waits months to report him only.after he doesn't take her calls. A lawyer will argue she was stalking him. I'm sure MSU wants out of that contract but do they want out bad enough to endure the lawsuit that will no doubt come if they fire him without honoring their contract. JMO.

It's funny how people think we just had a bad game saturday. I think people got a glimpse of what this team actually is, which is not very good

It's funny how people think we just had a bad game saturday. I think people got a glimpse of what this team actually is, which is not very good
Truth is in the middle. We probably aren't as good as we were last year. And we also aren't as bad we were last night.

This team has different strengths than last year. Better front 7 and run game (especially when Mays comes back). Gonna be up to Heupel and Halzle to adjust to Milton's shortcomings and still produce an effective offense.

Doug Matthews just said on his show that 4 of those refs were from smaller conferences that the SEC are looking at as possible regular refs for the future. Said that the non conf games are basically try outs for the refs from smaller conferences. Hopefully we never see any of them again.
They screwed Tennessee. I think they passed the Sankey test.

Who thought 2 games in we would be worried about the offense?
Worried about the offense? No.

But our rushing attack is 4th in the country rn...

Worried about Joe? Yes, I always thought that'd be possible. Now it's happening...it is what it is.

Worried about receivers? Now that is one area I am truly shocked. We hardly ever dropped balls in Y1 and Y2 and now it's like a plague. Yet the commentators said pregame we caught everything under the sun. Maybe just early season/playing in front of your family jitters. Maybe they'll forget about all of that away from Neyland and just play ball.

I think as long as Austin Peay and UT-Martin has their respective coaches, we should not play them going forward. It sucks, because I want to keep money in state. But if you’re going to play dirty and come in with antics, you’re not worthy of being paid.
Watching the replay now. Already seen a couple of dirty blind side blocks.

They were intentional. They had been coached to do it.

Never pay them another dime. AD’s at poverty programs depend on P5 payouts - put them on welfare and let ‘em scrape.

I'm not so sure. Does cheating on your wife constitute "for cause" dismissal? If that's the case they'd have to prove they've fired everyone for cheating on their staff. This smells of blackmail to me. A good lawyer will make the case that it was consensual. She admits staying on the phone with him while he did his business. Describing the sound as "gross". Then waits months to report him only.after he doesn't take her calls. A lawyer will argue she was stalking him. I'm sure MSU wants out of that contract but do they want out bad enough to endure the lawsuit that will no doubt come if they fire him without honoring their contract. JMO.
There’s a reason he lied about WHERE the call was placed…his home vs the university expensed hotel room. Then add his ghosting her and cancelling all her scheduled events. There’s enough evident malfeasance and more importantly PUBLIC RIDICULE brought upon the university, to justify the cessation of their relationship.

Worried about the offense? No.

But our rushing attack is 4th in the country rn...

Worried about Joe? Yes, I always thought that'd be possible. Now it's happening...it is what it is.

Worried about receivers? Now that is one area I am truly shocked. We hardly ever dropped balls in Y1 and Y2 and now it's like a plague. Yet the commentators said pregame we caught everything under the sun. Maybe just early season/playing in front of your family jitters. Maybe they'll forget about all of that away from Neyland and just play ball.
I think Joe and the WRs really wanted to have a big game vs APSU and got into their own heads a bit. There won't be much room for style points against Florida, though, so I think they'll all play better down in the Swamp.

Watched the game this morning. From reading the game thread last night, you'd think we were set to be a one win team this season.

It wasn't that bad, folks. Milton wasn't perfect, but he was completely fine. He didn't get ANY help from his receivers. I'll say it again, and y'all can get tired of hearing it.

Some of you have memorialized Hooker for sainthood, beyond what actually happened. Hooker was very accurate at times, and at times, he was just accurate enough for his receivers to help him out. And they were very good at helping him out.

Milton didn't get that last night. And just because some of you are deathly afraid MIlton will be terrible, you default to "terrible" with the slightest little excuse.

He'll be fine.

We'll be fine.

Last night was an overconfident team sleepwalking through a game, probably after watching a good bit of Florida film this week.

Go Vols, and let's look forward to the Swamp Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back