Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else says this and they would be attacked. Lol. Glad you posted the truth, LA. I swear I would give him a damn Xanax before games and he would probably complete 90% of his passes. Lol
Are you serious? What he said is very different from what a few of you have said.

He doesn't even hint that we should change qbs or that Joe doesn't have it.

The coaches weren't trying to be vanilla Saturday; the offense wasn't executing to plan. Nobody wants to succeed more than Joe Milton, but Game Joe is not the same as Practice Joe, and the receivers had difficulty adjusting. When the adrenaline is pumping, Joe tends to throw high or behind the receivers. He ups the velocity. The WRs are being asked to catch difficult balls. Trying to balance a talented, but inconsistent, QB with very good WRs who're not getting the ball they expect creates what we saw Saturday. We'll just take the W and continue to find a workaround for games where Joe isn't at his best and the WRs aren't hauling in the catches.
come on man. they ran the same plays. joe want wadnt at his best. but receivers have to make those catches

That's a good point. Maybe the staff learned from the Akron game last year or got a read early that AP was diving at knees or playing with malice.

Joe has to run at least 6 times against our better opponents, like Florida. Our running game depends on the threat of him taking off. Our passing game too.

We'll see what's really going on this weekend.
Well the other obvious thing, of course, is he doesn't have Milton as a backup, like Hendo did. Nico is going to be the man, but Heup has said he doesn't want to play him until he thinks he's ready.

Awesome would be to win by enough that Nico gets some snaps when Joe comes out of the game.

We miss Tayvon, but Tayvon had to go be his home state's hero. I've never seen anyone blame him for that.

Are you serious? What he said is very different from what a few of you have said.

He doesn't even hint that we should change qbs or that Joe doesn't have it.
And what have I said? Where did I say bench Joe and play Nico now? And where did I say Joe doesn’t have it?

In fact I have stated that I hope he does do well and plays better. Even said I think he gets it together along with the WRs and we blow out UF.

Only thing I stated was Heupel won’t stand for losing and bad QB play. And he won’t. But that in no way means I don’t want Joe to kick a**. I have only stated that Nico is special and will be special.

Reactions: OrangenSC
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back