Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

The other two guys tried to steer the discussion into negative town by asking why Heupel didn’t start Nico earlier. TB kept it all positive explaining it well. TB has been very positive about the overall program in general, but isn’t always rosy about every single facet.

Anyone one tried this stuff? Comes in different heat levels. The hot stuff is hot. Made in South Carolina.

Blenheim-Hot-Ginger-Ale-773x1030.jpg

Oh come on @frank IMG_5805.gif
Of all the good material you nuked a Zima joke? tough crowd. I pay waay too much for this!! 😂

I will go to my grave believing @Weezer got ripped his purple theme off of a jolly rancher before dropping in a Zima.

Last edited:
I actually think not starting Nico or playing him too soon is WHY he looked so solid against Iowa. Had he gotten to play with the best 5 OL he would have looked even better.

Injuries upfront & playing to our strengths (running the ball) we game planned extremely well. I expected good things from the Defense but honestly they played better than my expectations, maybe Iowa is really just that bad but I felt like we looked very sharp and fast, especially in the secondary.

Now ya’ll see why he’s banned from Basketball forum posting 😂🤣😂

JJJ is playing the best he has, that’s not overrating anything. What does “DK isn’t that guy” even mean? Being the leading scorer on a top 5 team Who shoots 45% from the field 36% from deep and over 81% from the line would in fact suggest he -is- that guy…but don’t let facts get in the way of your narrative I guess.

My biggest concern, which you do make a valid point about is the inconsistency from the bigs, specifically Aidoo.

Don’t expect him to score 29 with 11 rebounds a night, but also he can’t vanish and be a 4 point and 4 rebounds a night guy either. Awaka plays with the effort Barnes expects from his guys and if he can continue to do it without fouling Aidoo is going to lose a lot of minutes. Even JP saw more minutes than Aidoo last night.
Because basketball fans are soft.

Go watch DK against Kansas and Purdue. A good coach in the tournament is going to scheme him up and just rip the ball from him when he tries to drive.

I actually think not starting Nico or playing him too soon is WHY he looked so solid against Iowa. Had he gotten to play with the best 5 OL he would have looked even better.

Injuries upfront & playing to our strengths (running the ball) we game planned extremely well. I expected good things from the Defense but honestly they played better than my expectations, maybe Iowa is really just that bad but I felt like we looked very sharp and fast, especially in the secondary.
I think on D it was a little of both. We did play really good. But let’s not be fooled that that’s probably one of the worst P5 offenses in the country.

Lorenzen lite should be on their shotput team, not their QB. They should have played that frosh QB but still probably would have destroyed them and held them to 7-10 pts at most.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back