Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would say at this point, there are some obvious issues under the surface with this kat. Auburn was rumored to be the favorite to land him and it came out they moved on, then UK was rumored and they seem to have moved on, and we seemed to have moved on as well.
I see what you did there. Well played.

Just thought this needed to be repeated. Also, keep in mind, this is the first bowl game shut out since 1957, so would that mean Iowa is the worst team Tennessee has played since 1957....🤔
Wouldn't surprise me. They looked terrible. Iowa kept the crowd out of the game because it was never a after the first interception. Only thing the crowd got up for was big plays by our team and keeping the shut out. Most low key game I've ever attended.

Projecting OL starters:

LT - John Campbell Jr. (Mincey OR Johnson III)
LG - Karic (?) (Lang)
C - Cooper Mays
RG - Spraggins (?) (Lang)
RT - Gerald Mincey (Sham OR Johnson III)

Few of the guys I'm not sure where they are in the pecking order... Reddick will be entering year 3, but he's 6'5" and 340lbs a bit too heavy probably to be interior and I'm not sure if he's got the length to play tackle. Brian Grant also will be entering year 3 and he's 6'7" 329lbs and was getting reps at tackle ahead of Sham & Johnson III this season...so he could be in the 2 deep). I feel like Lang has needs to drop 10-15 pounds of bad weight and he should be set for either guard role 6'4" 337lbs. I know they like Ayden Bussell a lot, but I think he's going to be focusing on Center and backing up Cooper, 6'5" 295lbs.

I really have doubts an incoming freshmen ends up starting or in the 2 deep...but Bennett Warren (6'8" 330lbs) is the highest rated OL we've brought in so he could be that dude. Max Anderson (6'5" 309lbs) I think probably is moved inside ultimately unless he's got some great feet and long arms that's a tad undersized for OT in SEC. William Satterwhite (6'3" 300lbs) is kind of a perfect size for Guard/Center just needs to have good feet/strength. Jesse Perry (6'5" 278lbs) is probably the top RS candidate IMO even though he's higher rated than Gage Ginther (6'6" 287lbs) Perry will need to add the most size/strength of the incoming guys.

If Spraggins returns then we're going to be in a great spot next season for the OL...Karic has used a transfer and is just a Junior with 1 year left to play, he was taken in as a developmental guy and just happened to earn the starting spot before getting hurt. Might not be a starter when the dust settles but should be good depth either way.
No way Ginther’s under 3 bills. With the returnees, this is the opportune time to get newbies developmental minutes behind them and wean ourselves off of the need for wholesale portal replacement. All hinging on off-season workouts, of course.

No way Ginther’s under 3 bills. With the returnees, this is the opportune time to get newbies developmental minutes behind them and wean ourselves off of the need for wholesale portal replacement. All hinging on off-season workouts, of course.

Yeah, I took weights right off 247 for the incoming guys... I am pretty positive a few have already added weight (Gage and Perry for example) but it's also the only listed weights I can find on them at the moment.

I feel like the portal is a bad place to be for OL personally, it's such a group built around development that I strongly prefer seeing guys in year 2 or 3 of the system stepping into starting roles far more than a portal guy.

As soon as Bama lost this year, Saban started promoting his NIL collective, telling fans they have to contribute to keep Bama at the top.

Meanwhile, in his public messages -- aimed at all other fan bases and idjits in Congress -- he is selling the idea that NIL is desytroying parity and needs to be regulated by the same types of people who refused to investigate absolutely flagrant cheating at Bama during Saban's entire tenure.

Here's a flashback to Saban and Kirby's spiel two years ago. Notice one is eliminated from the playoffs and the other didn't make the playoffs! 😂

Screen Shot 2024-01-04 at 10.06.24 AM.png
Screen Shot 2024-01-04 at 10.07.44 AM.png
Screen Shot 2024-01-04 at 10.08.01 AM.png

So full of 🐄💩. I can't believe fans of other teams fall for Saban's criminality and "concern" tripe.

As soon as Bama lost this year, Saban started promoting his NIL collective, telling fans they have to contribute to keep Bama at the top.

Meanwhile, in his public messages -- aimed at all over fan bases -- he is selling the idea that NIL is desytroying parity and needs to be regulated by the same people who refused to investigate absolutely flagrant cheating at Bama during Saban's entire tenure.

Here's a flashback to Saban and Kirby's spiel two years ago. They are both sitting home today.
View attachment 607309
View attachment 607310
View attachment 607311

So full of 🐄💩. I can't believe fans of other teams fall for Saban's criminality and "concern" tripe.
I mean, we mine as well say politicians are fake. Most of CFB is not Mike Leach. RiP

Lane did similar things. He also touted his mental health efforts before the leak of the lawsuit 😆. Not saying he was in the wrong on the lawsuit but the mental health chest beating sure seemed strategic.

Reactions: BigSteve09
Rewatched the game and....can someone explain to me exactly why Lampley is bad? It's really hard to tell when I've never noticed him making any mistakes.

There was maybe one play where when Nico tried to run up the middle, becaude the pocket was collapsing from the perimeter, his guy got off of him and helped sack Nico.

Otherwise, he was pancaking dudes, or they weren't pushing him back. I do think he looks a little slow, is that it? Why was Ollie Lane, Dayne Davis(I think he'd play guard) and Karic ahead of him? Can he only play RG?

Not saying he's the answer at LG next year, just wondering what's so bad about him, because I haven't noticed hardly any bad play from him.

Color me optimistic, but I'm very excited to see how the EDGE/LBs play this upcoming season.

EDGE
Josephs - So.
Pearce Jr - So.
Caleb Herring - Fr. (4* 123rd National player in class)
Bradley - Fr. (4* 166th National player in class)

Incoming: Jordan Ross (5* 11th National player)

LB
Carter - Fr.
Pili - RS Sr.
Telander - Fr.
Jalen Smith - Fr.
Perry - So.
Elijah Herring - So.

Incoming: Edwin Spillman (4* 28th at position), Jordan Burns (3 star 41st at position)

Lots of youth, but also tons of experience because of increased need for playing time with injuries (especially at LB). Caleb Herring especially he's the highest rated EDGE guy returning and we've really not seen him on the field yet.

Last edited:
Washington doesn't have to "finish" to have proof of concept...the fact they are there is all the proof anybody should need.
Heupel’s honesty and stability will likely always be better for the long game. It sets the expectation and he sticks to it. Coaches that lie, and there’s a plethora that do (some are good coaches) will always have to restock more of their cupboard annually. I do think Heupel’s model will continue to have us winning. With the expanded play off, we’ll need to win a minimum of 9 games but shoot for 10+ every season to be in contention. Not sure what the SEC championship game makeup will be once you have the rotating conference games start.

Last edited:
Rewatched the game and....can someone explain to me exactly why Lampley is bad? It's really hard to tell when I've never noticed him making any mistakes.

There was maybe one play where when Nico tried to run up the middle, becaude the pocket was collapsing from the perimeter, his guy got off of him and helped sack Nico.

Otherwise, he was pancaking dudes, or they weren't pushing him back. I do think he looks a little slow, is that it? Why was Ollie Lane, Dayne Davis(I think he'd play guard) and Karic ahead of him? Can he only play RG?

Not saying he's the answer at LG next year, just wondering what's so bad about him, because I haven't noticed hardly any bad play from him.
Good question. But no arguing Lane, Davis, and Karic. Those guys… lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back