Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hearing from Ole Miss fans and boosters:

They are nervous about Kiffin. One person I know that’s a connected booster with OM believes he’s leaving.

Would be a major blow to OM

As y’all know, I am not an insider. Just passing along chatter. The only connection I have to this is that I use the same veterinarian as Jimmy Sexton
Kick him in the shins next time you see Jimmy please

Reactions: gordonr24
Spyre is basically a NIL sports marketing agency. They're the player's agent. Thus, you could/would hire the player for marketing through Spyre, and write it off as a marketing expense.

I suspect NIL has contracts with their athletes so that they can't take marketing business outside of Spyre representation, thus you'd be hard pressed to hire their guys.
Maybe I misspoke. I meant that I would pick the athlete, but go through Spyre to make the deal. Not trying to screw over anyone…

Seriously though, who would want him there still… basically still in the shadow as the head coach while he is in the building. He would still be the man in the building even if you were the head coach…
That tells me.,? They already have and would have a plan in place when we all knew this was coming sooner than later. My bet he’s going to be still be somewhat in the building to keep stability and maybe mentor the next coach. If so, let’s see how that works out for them. It sure worked out for us with Fulmer, and I’m a Fulmer fan.

Saw this reported the other day. I think they should take away his voting privileges. You need to eliminate voters with obvious agendas.

If you click on the article and then click on the names listed from there it shows their ballot and highlights extreme picks. Most of those guys had several extreme picks on their ballots. Honestly, if you have more than one (MAYBE two) extreme pick on your ballot, you should lose the next year's voting privileges. It's the only way the AP is going to regain credibility. Ever since the CPF happened voters have made a mockery of themselves and the poll but it matters. Recruits still look at those polls, contracts are still based on them, teams like Liberty are given bowl slots they don't deserve while a deserving team is left out and coaches lose out on contract bonuses, and on and on. It has consequences despite many fans understanding how flawed the whole process is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back