Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you assume the same for other west coast coaches?
He took over a program that went 4-8 the previous year and had them at 11-2 in year 1 and then the title game year 2. I’m not sure how you personally measure success, since you keep laughing and trolling everyone’s posts about him, but I’d say most programs would be ok with that. You keep doing you though.

Belichick would do really well there…. They’ll have a strong defense all around and he’ll probably have McDaniels as OC with Dak. Win win situation. McCarthy is a good coach though that gets too much hate
Actually I'm more concerned with Dan Quinn taking Seahawks Head Coaching job.

Would be a bad loss for Cowboys, if that happens promote Al Harris to DC of Cowboys..

Reactions: VolNash17
He took over a program that went 4-8 the previous year and had them at 11-2 in year 1 and then the title game year 2. I’m not sure how you personally measure success, since you keep laughing and trolling everyone’s posts about him, but I’d say most programs would be ok with that. You keep doing you though.
Nobody is trolling im just laughing at the “football knowledge” over a coach you have no clue can recruit to the same caliber of player as Saban got…I’ll give you a hint and tell you the answer… he can’t…their number one choice was Dan Lanning for a reason because he is also a good coach but mainly he is a great recruiter. That would have been a home run

DeBoer might be a good coach but his offense is unique and im not sure Bama’s roster is geared towards that so it would take time, which we know bama fans have no patience for that. Lol so yeah im laughing at this situation you guys can remain afraid 😂😂😂

Saban is making it his top priority to get rule changes to reinstitute Bama's ability to cheat with impunity in recruiting under the table while having rivals sanctioned. Saban wants to destroy whatever parity is emerging in football. He's apparently also successfully removed LSU and UT from the annual schedule. And @VolInDayton says that the SEC will continue to go all out rigging things for Saban's successor and cheating and swindling Bama's rivals. So the new coach will have the benefit of a massively un-even playing field.
I'd have thought Saban would want to keep his GOAT status and not provide the same benefits to his successor.

You'd have to be an idiot or have an ego the size of Saturn to follow Saban at bama. . . guaranteed failure, no matter which it is.
I get it but I don’t fully agree. Bamas not in a bad situation. In a bad situation, you’re expected to do better. I don’t think the expectation is that the next coach will duplicate sabans success. It was unprecedented what he did. They’ve got the infrastructure, branding, and resources to compete for titles every year. So you bring in a great coach and if he wins a title or two over an extended tenure then everybodies happy. Who wouldn’t want to go there where saban has made it easy to succeed on the bama name alone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back