Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
They absolutely could go back to what they were before Saban. Might take a few years if most of those top players stay.
Saban is making it his top priority to get rule changes to reinstitute Bama's ability to cheat with impunity in recruiting under the table while having rivals sanctioned. Saban wants to destroy whatever parity is emerging in football. He's apparently also successfully removed LSU and UT from the annual schedule. And @VolInDayton says that the SEC will continue to go all out rigging things for Saban's successor and cheating and swindling Bama's rivals. So the new coach will have the benefit of a massively un-even playing field.

With Texas coming into the SEC I'm not shocked that Saban picked now to retire. SEC won't be able to keep the $$$ behind Texas happy with continuing the **** they've done for Bama.
Texas will b**** and moan if calls aren’t made like they have been in favor of Bama for years. Big reason they made the playoff because Texas would have gone after the committee and everyone with their money. I mean they have their own tv station and had the NCAA make it a penalty to do horns down. They are crazy.

I don’t think anyone really wants to follow Saban. It’s an impossible job to follow. Next person is fired quickly if they don’t follow close to Saban and that’s nearly impossible. I think DeBoer stays knowing this and gets a huge raise. It may fall way lower than they want.

I don’t think anyone really wants to follow Saban. It’s an impossible job to follow. Next person is fired quickly if they don’t follow close to Saban and that’s nearly impossible. I think DeBoer stays knowing this and gets a huge raise. It may fall way lower than they want.
Sounds like a perfect recipe for a Rees hire

I think they'll need to win a title in the next couple years. I think they can, because of the roster, but not necessarily because they're a great coach. A lot of meh coaches have won titles because of their roster. If they do, I think they'll be there at least 6 more years. If they dont, they could be gone in 3-4.

Reactions: Smyrna ATL Vol
Maybe they will fall all the way down to Butch. He will take it. ;)

Just because people have a difference of opinion doesn’t mean you have to comment on everyone’s post and try to make them see your side. Almost everyone on here agrees DeBoer is a good coach but you. That’s fine, but chill out man.
Didn’t you tell me to use the ignore function? So now you are telling me I am not allowed to laugh at opinions too? 😂😂😂

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back