Recruiting Football Talk VII

I scream, yell, and call them idiots when I’m watching, but I never @ the people, because they’re all still kids. I’m sure this is what he’s referring to, and frankly I agree on that part. People gotta remember these guys are 18-23 year old kids, whether getting paid millions or not, don’t @ them on social media just to be a d**k, save that for the message boards they probably hardly look at.
I used to agree with that but when you get paid, you shouldn't get the "kid" shield. Mincey isn't a kid. He's leaving for money. He can get over being fussed at for going to the competition.

When you go to another SEC school, prepare for smoke. You made a business decision? Foh.

Mincey is not making bright decisions. The most recent one is this post, effectively asking for more smoke. 😂 I sympathize about his knee. But he had the chance to be a VFL and he was too selfish and narrow-minded, it appears. The problem with him wanting Campbell's spot was just, well, not bright. Getting in trouble while, apparently, pouting was not bright. It's not unlikely that he is getting bad advice, when he would have done much better to listen to his coaches and teammates. But that's not a choice anyone can make but himself. It looks like we're upgrading, so thank goodness his "walk out" was a fail. I do have good memories of old '22 Mincey, but I hope our DL absolutely crushes and humiliates him in November. Shid. "Business is business" right? I wonder how many times he will hear that phrase while picking himself up off Shield Watkins field?

Last edited:
Elvis married a 14 year old Priscilla too.

But my grandpa was 18 and off to the not well known Panamanian war when he married my 14 year old grandma too. They were together until death.

It’s obviously taboo today, but their relationships were happier and lasted longer than ours. Because of that, I’ll just say it was a different time and not cast judgment.

Edit: to avoid confusion, it wasn’t the 89 invasion. It was the small force we sent to protect the Panama Canal when the Panamanians were rioting to take it back from us in the mid 1960’s.
Moral relativism has its place.

Mincey is not making bright decisions. The most recent one is this post, effectively asking for more smoke. 😂 I sympathize about his knee. But he had the chance to be a VFL and he was too selfish and narrow-minded, it appears. The problem with him wanting Campbell's spot was just, well, not bright. Getting in trouble while, apparently, pouting was not bright. It's not unlikely that he is getting bad advice, when he would have done much better to listen to his coaches and teammates. But that's not a choice anyone can make but himself. It looks like we're upgrading, so thank goodness his "walk out" was a fail. I do have good memories of old '22 Mincey, but I hope our DL absolutely crushes and humiliates him in November. Shid. "Business is business" right?
It's clown behavior. He's more than welcome to it. It's not illegal but he will get heat from it. Bama players are.getting heat. Michigan players will so will anyone. Best embrace his suspect squad and move on.

I don't know if this is parody or real. If real, I think it kinda crosses a line. Mr. Irrelevant is all fun and games because after all the guy still got drafted and he gets compensated for the honor. He might be last but he's the last of a very elite bunch. Applying that to college teams though is different because we're not talking about the worst of the best but the worst of the worst. IOW, it punches down a little too much and in a case like Akron it would be at a school with no budget, small facilities, with a lot of players that really are doing it because they want to keep playing.

I searched for a bit but every article I could find simply atttributed and quoted this tweet and then tacked on boilerplate at the beginning and end.

It's lame that an example is given for taunting, but not for "making a travesty of the game" or "otherwise compromising our ability to manage the game." What would non-taunting examples of those be?

Here's the thing, a Texas player can give the horns up, or a Florida player can Gator chomp all they want...and it's not considered taunting. John Kelly got penalized in the Swamp for chomping; however, if a Gator had done it...nothing. Just more bullsh!t stacked on top of all the other bullsh!t. Beyond old.

VN Store

Back